Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djrjcomPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi folks,

Does someone knows if the Dennon DJ MCX8000 works with Virtual DJ 8.1?

Regards,

Rodolpho Pessoa

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 2:44 am
It's not supported yet and the controller is not even released at present. It could be a while after release as Atomix will probably have to obtain a unit and map it from scratch. The screens will be an additional problem probably as they look similar to the ones in the Numark NV.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 8:04 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I should have my controllers next week (I purchased two of them), and will start the mapping process with the Atomix folks. It's likely going to be iterative, as I don't expect full support to be available day one.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 4:11 pm
Any news on mapping for MCX8000?

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 11:44 am
Not yet. The controllers were delayed by a few weeks which affected the hardware being delivered on time. From what I understand, I will have them this week unless something drastic changes.

Perhaps maybe mid-April?

Posted Mon 21 Mar 16 @ 4:24 pm
I have one sitting in fromt of me and wondering when a mapper is going to come out!

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 3:25 am
You may have one, but they may not. When it's done they will release it. I don't see them mapping it, and holding on to it.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 4:21 am
Or he could start it himself....

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 4:29 am
Hi I got mine in and I have done a lot of mapping on my other controllers. This time if I do something it will be from scratch and I will do it just to mes around to get somethings working but I am confused on something I read about a definition file. Just to make sure if I don't have the definition file I wont be able to do any kind of mapping?

Thanks anyone

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 7:35 pm
I just got mine today as well. Sweetwater had them and got them out FAST! Unfortunately I'll have to give it a few weeks with my VDJ subscription to see if anything is mapped for the controller or I'll have to stick with Serato and learn from there and VDJ goes to the wayside. :-( Hopefully they can push and email out to all members (subscribers) when there is mapping complete.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 7:45 pm
fkroselj wrote :
. Just to make sure if I don't have the definition file I wont be able to do any kind of mapping?

Thanks anyone

That is correct, no definition file, no mapping can be done.

Maybe you could get away with a simple midi wrapper but that's pointless.....

Good luck.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 16 @ 8:01 pm
SO I got the two units today. They both have major software glitches. One has the left audio drop out and "cuts out" and I know latency settings and audio settings like the back of my hand. And it's a controller software glitch. The other one has the effects that when activated, pauses the song on just about every effect. The platters are on and off touch sensitive when they want to be. and their "velocity pads" have to punch them to get them to activate anything. I think these units may be a bust! Back to Numark I think.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 2:08 am
HOLA QUISIERA SABER SI LA DENNON MCX8000 ES COMPATIBLE CON VIDEO Y TODAS LAS FUNCIONES CON VIRTUAL DJ 7.4

EDIT: En este momento se trata de un unico foro de habla Ingles. Por favor, intente nuestro foro espanol. AMAHM

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 3:02 am
Hang in there folks... More info very soon!

And yes, you need to 'punch' those velocity pads! They are pretty stiff!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 4:13 am
So I have been in contact with Denon and their engineers and the two guys that actually worked on the unit for the last year and a half. It's is glitchy. :-( However, they have been awesome to work with and have been following up every two hours and getting it sorted out. They say that I'm tho only one with this glitch, but...not sure how I'm "that guy". They ran through everything from my computer to the thumb drives I was using and everything is more than adequate in their books. So they're sending me out a special unit. I have to say, even though i've had problems, it's about the BEST customer service I've ever received from a manufacturer. Try getting anywhere with pioneer!

Posted Thu 31 Mar 16 @ 7:10 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
fkroselj wrote :
. Just to make sure if I don't have the definition file I wont be able to do any kind of mapping?

Thanks anyone

That is correct, no definition file, no mapping can be done.

Maybe you could get away with a simple midi wrapper but that's pointless.....

Good luck.

You can create a definition file yourself.

More infos here:
http://virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller%20Developers.html

Posted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 10:48 am
Coming _really_ soon! Just be patient!

Posted Fri 01 Apr 16 @ 2:20 pm
dcomo wrote :
Coming _really_ soon! Just be patient!

Glad you guys are working on this. I really like this controller. Using it stand alone is fairly simple with a flash drive. Hooking up an external means reformatting to fat32, and re-scanning all of your mp3's using engine 1.5. Then you have to add all the songs to the database and then make crates. Uhhhhgg. Can't wait for the mapping to be done. Hoping you guys can get full functionality out of it like the NV. because Engine is simple but a real pain when you are used to using much more sophisticated software like VDJ 8.

Peace Out
DJ James

Posted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 10:10 am
Just got mine. It's set up and waiting to be used with VDJ.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 5:20 pm
We are getting there. I promise you will have something soon!

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 7:57 pm
10%