Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Does anyone know of an all in one EDM Riser or Build Up Transition Effect?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DwayneDPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does anyone know of a vst effect for VDJ 8.1 that can create an all in one EDM Riser or Build Up Transition Effect with loop rolls (going from like 2 beats to 1/32), a pitch effect (modulating the pitch of the song higher as the loop rolls decrease in beats), and maybe a swoosh effect to go along with the build up similar to the "sweep auto" or "sweep manual" effect?

(These three effect parts would be controlled by one knob or slider)

Right now I'm using the "NobeatFx" for changing the pitch in slot 1, the "loop roll" effect in slot 2, and the "sweep auto" effect for the white noise kind of build up. But I have to use them independently of each other or no more than two at a time because I have to use two hands to turn the two effect knobs to manipulate the effects.

I'm also using a Pioneer SX2 Controller. I was using a DDJ WeGo2, which was nice since you could activate all three effects and use the jog wheel to manipulate all the effects at once with one hand.

But having an all in one vst effect would work a whole lot better.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 6:47 pm
Not sure of a vst or plugin that can do all of that but with some script magic I'm sure you can control all of them with 1 knob like you used to.

And no I can't tell you the script because I suck at that stuff but I'm sure someone here can help you.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 7:33 pm
Thanks beatbreaker1. I'm slowly learning how to write simple VDJ Script myself through trial and error. I was also wondering how people were able to create their own VDJ effects. Is there a template or sample file they use to tweak and rewrite like they have in the VDJ Wiki Section for the basic script commands or do they use a special kind of software?

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 9:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can do that :)

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 11:45 pm
Done :)

Drop me a PM if you want to try it out.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 12:09 am
Cool! Would you? Pleeeeeze (in my Roger Rabbit voice). Or give me some suggestions about how to script something myself. Thanks.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 12:14 am
GREAT! Just saw the last message. I'll do that thanks again.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 12:16 am
I may or never use this (whatever it is) (but i might want to play with it, I'm curious) but, it should be shared to all (who might need it). If it is only a script, it should be added on the Script Sample (Example) collection page or here for everyone to enjoy.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:43 pm
I played with the "buildUp" effect that SBDJ scripted and thought it worked great as a stand alone effect and even better when you use other effects to beef it up like with an echo fx or a filter effect at the very end to cut the sound off at the peak of the build.

Now my next mission is to see if I can somehow script multiple effects to work together at the same time ending with some type of impact/explosion being automatically being triggered. Can't wait to pump my fist and get my "DJ Skrillex" on with this "BuildUp" effect.

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 5:55 pm
It was a plugin I created, if it works OK then I've no problem sharing it with all.

I actually have something in the pipeline that is going to make all this much easier ;)

Posted Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 9:15 pm
Hi SBDJ!
Are you going to make and release a plugin then? :)

DwayneD, did you ever triy DaftFunk vst?
You can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q04IMqojgLU

I also opened a thread, because unfortunately I am facing a problem with DaftFunk :(
http://virtualdj.com/forums/190473/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Daft_Funk_VST_by_KlangLabs_-_mapping_possible_.html

Here a video of the problem I am facing: https://youtu.be/_ei4sLnY6-Q

If you like it, you could try it, and tell me if it works for you or if you encounter the same problem.

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 7:58 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
SBDJ wrote :
It was a plugin I created, if it works OK then I've no problem sharing it with all.

I actually have something in the pipeline that is going to make all this much easier ;)

@SBDJ Have you made any changes to BuildUp because uses it as a POI the param changes as scripted but the effect does not appear in the Activate Effect window. Whatever effect sit there stays there.

You had something in the "pipeline" that you are working on, when you're done may I get to try it also.. thanks.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 12:46 am
SBDJ wrote :

Wich is the plugin in the end?

Is it Shrink Loop?
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80240

Or is it another one?
Thanks!

Posted Tue 29 Oct 19 @ 8:53 am

Posted Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 3:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)