Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2378 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-Compatibility with windows 10
-browser_sort '+bpm' fix
-2-deck skin fix for rhythm wave left/right deck logic
-Make effect GUI buttons more obvious when active
-New video effect 'Shake'
-New VDJScript command undo_load to unload the current track and reload the previous track
-Fix possible crash after lost sound card is available again
-autocue mode cue/skip silence added to skip silence when no cue is available
-Fix rhythm wave not updated on left side when starting to load from middle of song
-Fix green line when using dxva on some videos
-Fix on screen keyboard not working correctly on windows 10
-fix custom browser lists not updating correctly when switching from list to grid view
-source="karaoke" added for filelist skin object
-param_equal accepts 2 strings to compare query action with a string (example: param_equal "`get_browsed_song 'type'`" "audio")

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 6:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Good move with the gui buttons, it was needed.
Autocue, thanks for listening to our suggestions :-)

param_equal feels like it could be a big deal, I look forward to experimenting.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 7:55 pm
The unload and reload is awesome but can we please get "drag a track from the deck to the side list or playlist"?? Please, I'm begging you.......

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 9:59 pm
Thanks Guys! Problem Solved...So Far No More Green Lines.
-Fix green line when using dxva on some videos

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 1:29 am
Updated about an hour ish ago to this build, updated desktop PC (not gig one) to Win 10 on Friday - just doing some testing with Karaoke files (MP3+Gs) and noticing some flickering once the song has been playing about a minute. Seems to flash from screen to screen - music stays where it should be but screen flashes. Will attempt to take a video if needed. MP4 tracks seem to play ok at the moment.

Also noticed that the background looks grey and not the usual black on the MP3+G files again.

KJ

EDIT: Just tested same files on previous build (2369) on Win 8.1 on gig machine - no issues at all.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 7:45 am
troughtPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Load songs on deck it plays ok, load on second deck first deck sound stop, while song continue to run. Using windows 10 upgrade, Asus GL551JW Notebook.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 8:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Did your problem just start in this build?
Does it go away if you go to the previous public build?

It sounds like an issue with your sound configuration to me.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:22 am
Here's a weird bug bpm jumps from 128 to 140!! Using numark NS7II on mac osx mavericks.

Also @SBDJ have you read a thread I posted in the mac help section about my NS7II issue?

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 11:43 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
The unload and reload is awesome but can we please get "drag a track from the deck to the side list or playlist"?? Please, I'm begging you.......

+1

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:39 pm
This is not the place for feature requests or discussion about features. This subforum is for the reporting of regression bugs.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 2:44 pm
troughtPRO InfinityMember since 2007
trought wrote :
Load songs on deck it plays ok, load on second deck first deck sound stop, while song continue to run. Using windows 10 upgrade, Asus GL551JW Notebook.

Reconfigure sound cards and it fix problem.
Thanks!

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 3:53 pm
(FRUiT Skin) 0db is no longer functioning correctly, I have all tracks set to -3dB which has been up till this build showing on the VU meter as 0 or just above with plenty of headroom, but now it shows as constantly in the red and most tracks show as between 4.8dB - 6.2dB on the skin. It's the same on the official skin, all tracks are in the red zone too, there's no distortion btw. I checked the tag info and the gain shows as 0.00 and the options still show as -3dB. I did 3 rescans of one album, re adjusted the db, checked levels were ok, checked tag info again and they were fine, but upon reloading the same tracks the levels shot up to the red again.

Windows 7, 64bit Dell Inspiron

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is autoGain set to?

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:40 am
Adion wrote :
What is autoGain set to?

auto+remember

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:46 am
to add to that: gain issues on line inputs...

activate line input, increase gain and then it compresses the sh*t out of everything else. probably related to master compression.

had this ever since a couple of builds.

so line inputs completely compress out everything else as soon as you use gain. cheers

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 7:53 am
LSL50 wrote :
Adion wrote :
What is autoGain set to?

auto+remember

If you want to make sure that it resets every time, it should be set to auto. Remember will cause it to remember any manual gain modifications you may have made when loading this song previously.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 8:04 am
Timm United wrote :
to add to that: gain issues on line inputs...

activate line input, increase gain and then it compresses the sh*t out of everything else. probably related to master compression.

had this ever since a couple of builds.

so line inputs completely compress out everything else as soon as you use gain. cheers

Well if the input from the line inputs is too high of course it can cause the limiter to be activated.
Don't turn up the input gain too much. (No difference from a normal track here)

If you do think this is actually a regression bug, please try to download an earlier build and check at which build the problem did not occur.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 8:07 am
Adion wrote :
LSL50 wrote :
Adion wrote :
What is autoGain set to?

auto+remember

If you want to make sure that it resets every time, it should be set to auto. Remember will cause it to remember any manual gain modifications you may have made when loading this song previously.

I thought Auto was VDJ8's own interpretation of a tracks volume/level and adjusts it accordingly and Auto+remember (what I've always used) is VDJ8's interpretation + Your own adjust level to tweak it better when the software gets it slightly wrong, A+R is what I've always done and has worked fine till this current build. I did however down grade to the previous build and all is well. I'll be sticking to the previous build till after the weekend.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 8:20 am
Started getting message on VDJ8 on startup reminding me that I need Bonjour service installed for remote. When I have it installed .

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 11:42 am
Is the bonjour service actually running?

Open your Services panel and check :)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:19 pm
71%