Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Rekordbox to become "proper" DJ software ...... - Page: 6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Watch out Rocky, I'm in training
Where's my zimmer frame growl...

I really am, I need my timing moving around my sample grid to be perfect !
Boring old effortlessly moving around the samples is essential.
A slight problem I encountered is that I want to use effects like Ean, that means I need the master effects mapped.
Deck effects do not work on samples.
That's not a big deal, I think a filter and flanger will suffice.

If anyone wants to help, and has an Akai, I be glad of the company, particularly the young.
PM me.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 4:20 pm
Deck fx's work if you route the samples to be played out on a deck........

As for timing, can't you just turn on the "quantize" mode and then you should be able to get things sounding in time but yes practice on timing is always good.......

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 4:29 pm
If that's the case it would help by stopping me having to alter my mapping.
Master effects worked quite well only I was using a usb mouse.

It's kinda like the phrasing with each element.
The synths sound horrible if mistimed.
It's not just about being on beat.
I've done around an hour or so, and I'm getting to know each of the 26 samples.
No song's...just the sampler.
I dragged in an unwilling victim to check my sanity.
It appears I'm not yet ready for a padded cell.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 4:33 pm
Here's another little thought.
I used to travel to chess congresses throughout the UK.
On occasions I provided transport for two young men who were very good.
One later became an International Master, and the owner of the most famous chess magazine in Britain, the other a mere International Grandmaster.
These two used to play chess in my car, without a board and pieces !
Just using their minds !
Hm I couldn't do that.

If I can manage 32 samples, then a few of you can manage an Akai full house which equals at least 64 !
Those that can do this are likely to be the future superstars.

This got me looking up one, he looks a lot older.
He reviewed some of the recent world championship games.

Magnus Carlsen
Chess Grandmaster
Sven Magnus Øen Carlsen is a Norwegian chess grandmaster, No. 1 ranked player in the world and reigning World Chess Champion in classical, rapid and blitz. His peak rating is 2882, the highest in history. Wikipedia

Congratulations to Norway.
What a genious.

This is the kind of thing I'm expecting out of you lot in the DJ world !

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 9:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You obviously haven't fully explored everything the sampler has to offer. I currently have over 40 samples loaded in my gig machine and, control them via midi controller. Admittedly, I have to scroll through "pages" to get to the right bank of samples but, my midi unit does that for me too. You can even name the sample "page" to reflect what samples are contained on it.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 11:08 pm
The thing about the sampler is it's likely to exceed my abilities.
A few will take to it like ducks to water.
I've only just finished mapping my Akai, but I suspect all the time in the world will not add a lot to my efforts.
It will take a lot of skill to use it to maximum advantage.

I cannot judge your mental capacities.
I would say those who are extremely intelligent, and available to be DJ's will be young.
It is unlikely outstanding old people are wondering around, but maybe !

Yes I'm learning as I go !

Note : Project 8 has 27 samples, and I need to remember where I got my favourite 26 sample set from, it could help. These two are my favourites for remixing / transitioning.
I have 22 pages of samples.
One page is just for birthday songs.
I had one derived from the Traktor remix sets which had @ 40 samples alone, I might have binned it, it was a little too messy.
I'm not suggesting I'm a sampler expert, I doubt any of us are, I'm saying think.
Anyone who thinks they are is going to get a surprise when the first genius turns up.
This is where things get tricky, a genious will be able to manage vastly more samples than myself.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 11:21 pm
I see how you misunderstood, I stick with just one page for my remixes / transitions.
Other pages give a different "feel" or options.
Most people don't want too many, I got rid of a lot because I was getting confused.

I think 64 themed samples on a page will be too much for almost all, except the talented few.
Mr Jackson is having a go at the big sampler.
I cut it in half.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 12:19 am
kibo71PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Vdj is still the best.! For those who focus on convinience to perform & not just joining campaigns to praise some stuff suspecting to be better. Features in Vdj (espcialy Vdj8) are focused and well logicaly organised, VDJ8 is now ver stable, in my 4 decks configuration I have not experinced any freezez in 4 months now. The satisfied Vdj Performers just keep on doing their own things quetly mostly, without mentioning anything. Vdj team keep it up, improving this Dj software.-

Iam just waiting to see how long recordboxdj will take to stabilize when they introduce video mixing and other perfomance features within the software.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 11:48 pm
um96972Home userMember since 2016
Umesh kumar songs sanam re sanam re

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 7:07 am
This is an English speaking forum, please try one of our other forums, with a language that you may understand, thank you.

Posted Fri 23 Sep 16 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)