Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Rekordbox to become "proper" DJ software ...... - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
The CBG is damn near flawless, sometimes i had to half the bpm but dynamic analyze is damn near flawless..

Have you tested the harder to analyse genres like jungle, footwork speedcore etc
How does it manage tempo changes, gradual & abrupt?

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 8:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A friendly reminder, just in case this thread goes out of control.

Please do not use our Forums to post bugs and lack of features for a competitor software. Use our Wishes Forum to post any requests and features that you would like to see in a future version of VirtualDJ and keep this topic for an overall discussion about new products in the market.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 10:43 pm
Actually we are comparing it to virtual dj...but i noticed it borrowed alot from traktor and serato. VDJ could lose a lot of it pioneer base if they fix certain things, add video then its a wrap. but i dont have pioneer stuff so Ill still be here.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 12:50 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

We like to keep VirtualDJ forums like HOME, so you feel comfortable coming here at anytime and exchange thoughts, experiences, news and whatever is related to VirtualDJ and DJing. This site is your home guys, so we are just here to try to keep it clean for you.

Have a great weekend!

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 1:24 am
locodog wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
The CBG is damn near flawless, sometimes i had to half the bpm but dynamic analyze is damn near flawless..

Have you tested the harder to analyse genres like jungle, footwork speedcore etc
How does it manage tempo changes, gradual & abrupt?

well ive hade to set first beat at times, if compared to virtual dj, i would it has correct a lot of files and i can lock it(we have asked for that). I have to test with some more styles of music but with soulful house, hiphop\rap & R&B its good, Key i cant state cause i dont use them really. But the sound is not good for djs you do alot of scratching like myself, that the ultimate deal breaker for me. So VDJ i stay..even when i get my s9 i will not use it.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 5:16 pm
You know, remember PC DJ? This is how they failed. I still have screen shots of the programmers tell us things like, it's your laptop, and, use professional equipment. Well, guess what.... Deja Vu

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 7:23 pm
The guy currently in charge of Atomix used to be the guy in charge of PCDJ. Deja VU?

Strangely familiar pattern....

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 10:55 pm
CTO not "in charge" there's a sclavel sourced bitch-slap for failing to recognise, :-)

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 11:16 pm
?????

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 11:25 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The team

Atomix Productions was founded by visionary businessman and software developer Stephane Clavel. Mr Clavel is still today the owner and CEO of the company, and still actively writes code for VirtualDJ, switching hats between mad coder and successful businessman, and liking both with the same passion (and success).
He's assisted on the business side by Mr Andrew Van Almen, COO of the company, who supervises the rest of the team and handles the day to day operations, and business development. Mr Van Almen has been working in the field for more than 15 years, and was previously General Manager at PCDJ, another smaller DJ software company.
And on the coding side, Mr Clavel is assisted by Mr Gwen Roelants, Atomix' lead developer. Mr Roelants also used to code DJ software for many years, and prior to joining Atomix Productions was the owner and creator of the DJ software "DJDecks".
Alongside them, a dedicated and highly competent team of devoted employees help keep the company moving forward.
And all of them agree to say that working for Atomix Productions is not a job. It's a passion.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 11:34 pm
@kradcliffe I meant ^that^ but "sclavel sourced bitch-slap" is much more fun to write.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 3:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
burnyabad wrote :
You know, remember PC DJ? This is how they failed. I still have screen shots of the programmers tell us things like, it's your laptop, and, use professional equipment. Well, guess what.... Deja Vu

I wonder where you saw any of the vdj developers say that...

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 4:03 am
because me, and several other members were beta testers, bug checkers, feedback sluts, whatever you wanted to call us. it's RED LIGHT OBVIOUS the similarities between PCDJ and VDJ.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 3:40 pm
I used PCDJ, and it worked well for me. They are still in business, and making money, so don't know where the failed part came in. Maybe you have talked to every user, except me, and know more than the rest of us.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 7:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
burnyabad wrote :
because me, and several other members were beta testers, bug checkers, feedback sluts, whatever you wanted to call us. it's RED LIGHT OBVIOUS the similarities between PCDJ and VDJ.

Thats not what was asked, he was asking where you'd seen a VDJ developer say that.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 8:14 pm

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 11:27 pm
i tried RB thinks its pretty decent. def needs improvement but pretty good for a new software!

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 2:19 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FgS9XNczHY

I'm hurting, my software by choice did not even seem to be worth a mention.

We need a champion.

16 sampler pads ?
Pathetic.
The Pioneer is not up to the job.
I have a lovely set of samples which needs 26 pads.
It consists of of 4 kick drums, 4 high hats, 14 scratches, and 4 synths.
The mapping I use has 4 group volume faders plus a master.
I can take things further involving more samples and volume faders.
We can record loops, and things are quantized.
We have effects which do work, they may not be the best, so what?
His use of echo was sort of nice, except I have a professional mixer with built in effects which offer a wide range of quality echoes and reverbs.
I can script an "all effects stop button" in 2min. should I wish.
Sine wave generator?
Nice toy.

I remember 45 years ago, I was a student in a big UK city, I was fond of table soccer, and I was good.
To this day I remember a young man from Greece called Kostos.
I could not stop him scoring !
He was too quick, a champion.

I was one of 30 of the strongest chess players in my region who took on a Grand Master called Nigel Short.
No one beat him, most lost, including myself.
Even he was defeated by the Russian Kasparov in his bid to become world champion.
He is still a big winner.

We need the young to take the lead.

I'm annoyed with this video, and I'm thinking of attempting to make a video to demonstrate the value of the sampler in VDJ8.
Whatever, I have not even been able to take a good photo recently.
Needs must.

Note: All we get is people belittling VD8. But even the artist I worked alongside on Saturday used VDJ. It's a mad world.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 11:49 am
VDJ's sampler is good but what killed it for me was not being able to record straight to a slot.

If they brought that back it would be awesome!!

That was a thinking like a programmer move right there!!

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 1:23 pm
Q.E.D

It looks like I've got to produce a video to show the young what they can do with the VDJ8 sampler.
That is live remixing, and seamless transitions since there not really transitions, you control the beat, the high hats and effects. You don't even need the song. Use your own synths for a bit, and then put it in when you're ready.
This approach may not be suitable for those using video, but it is fine when taking on Ean Golden, and the big superstars.

How sad.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 1:37 pm
91%