Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualDJ Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i want to know if vdj8 had skin that look like vdj7 old skins...

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 4:18 am
Yes - they are called VDJ 7 skins. You can still use old skins with VDJ 8.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 11:37 am
Not with complete success due to the code change. Some 7 skins work good and some of them need to be updated for the buttons and scripts to work correctly. I have figured out on how to update 7 skins to VDJ 8. It takes a lot of time but is kinda of fun to do so. VDJ 8 is very picky about the bitmaps and the scripts that go with the bitmaps. VDJ likes the .PNG skins much better for using layers. VDJ 8 is the best that I have experienced. It runs so very smoothly and uses very low CPU resources vs VDJ 7.
If you want a specific 7 skin to work in 8.

Ask the creator of the skin for permission for me to update it, and if it is allowed then let me know here and I will help you with it.
Jon J.

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:16 pm
madlenmPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Heloo TJThe DJ,
You still work with VDJ7 language. Can you translate following script from VDJ8 script to VDJ7?
<textzone chan="1" visibility="get_text '%PBfromcue2' & param_cast 'integer' & param_smaller 0 ? true : false">
<size width="55" height="19"/>
<pos x="684" y="458"/>
<text font="tahoma" size="19" color="#00ff00" align="right" format="%PBfromcue2"/>
</textzone>
The purpose is hide the text when song reaches Cue 2.
I would be very happy if you succeded.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:54 am
Can you tell me what the skin is, that you are wanting this done? Ii would be much easier for me to have the skin to experiment with to get the results that you want.
Jon J

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 12:14 am
madlenmPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Jon J,
skin name is Black Spark. I want to hide the text /BPtocue2/ when the song position reaches Cue2.
By the other words : To show only positive integer values of /BPtocue2/ before cue2 point and hide the negative values of /BPtocue2/ after the song plays behind cue2 point.
This is what previous script from Djdad is doing in VDJ8. But VDJ7 does not understand the script.
Here is script from Black Spark I want change.
<textzone deck="1">
<size width="63-6" height="14"/>
<pos x="343+2+120" y="340"/>
<up x="+0" y="+0"/>
<text dy="-1" font="LCD" size="16" weight="bold" color="#f5f5f5" align="right" scroll="no" format="%Ptocue2"/>
<text2 dy="-1" font="LCD" size="16" weight="bold" color="#f5f5f5" align="right" scroll="no" format="%BPtocue2"/>
<text3 dy="-1" dx="+1" font="Tahoma" size="14" weight="bold" color="#f5f5f5" align="center" scroll="yes" format="%namecue2"/>
<text4 dy="-1" font="LCD" size="16" weight="bold" color="#f5f5f5" align="right" scroll="no" format="%Pcue2"/>
</textzone>
Thanx

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 6:34 am
Ok, I will check it out and see what I can do. More than likely if VDJ 7 does not have the built in script for that action. It may not be fixable for VDJ 7. Maybe I can find another work around. I do not have access to that skin.

Ask the creator if it is ok for me to try and fix it for you.
I do not have the full VDJ 8 License to get it as of now. I do plan on buying the full version soon.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 06 Aug 15 @ 10:19 pm
It's NOT possible to achieve that with VirtualDj 7
Since I'm the one who developed Black Spark trust me I know what I'm saying since I also had to code a generic plug-in (Skin Companion) in order to provide some extra functionality (such as previous and next hotcues in time)

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 7:21 am
Ok, Thank You PhantomDeejay! Your the boss when it comes to these skins. I am happy to know that I do not need to even spend any time trying to fix.
Thank You for the fast response.
With my total respect to you, PhantomDeejay.
Jon J.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 9:49 am
I lost my vestax typhoon cd rom for my virtual dj7 is there any way i can get back my vestax typhoon virtual dj le skin?

Posted Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 4:40 am
I'm guessing you didn't register your LE copy of VDJ for the Vestax Typhoon to your account here (as your account only says "Home user"). That would have been the way to download the software again. I'm also guessing that you don't keep backup copies of any important software and files on your computer. That would have been another solution.

Posted Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 4:57 pm
Hi,
I have entered my serial number in vdj Le and it has begun to load but says my ASIO Driver does not have enough channels,how do I update my drivers to allow the vestax typhoon midi mixer to work.
Location and name of driver to download would be appreciated. Or instructions and n how to change settings if this is the case. Have had my mixer for a day now and am eager to use it..
Thanks to anyone that helps me!! I'm desperate at this stage!!

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 12:15 pm

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 12:31 pm
Wie lade ich skins?
[Email removed]

Sorry Home Users are not permitted to post their email addresses. Thanks Mod Team

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 11:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)