Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I cant believe you guys are going with the "we are shocked" part..
I personally brought up the fact Grooveshark was ripping artists off MANY times and even made a ticket about it..
and this was like 2 years ago!
so please dont say you didnt have any warning

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:19 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I disagree with this being Atomix fault. They have an agreement with a provider that is responsible for the licensing. They notified users when there was a problem to help protect their users. They are working on a solution.

Maybe ease up the throttle and see how it plays out.
There are a lot of sources for music. A few in the same price range. The only immediate impact I could see is not being able to provide an unexpected request in the software. You could still get it from another source if needed.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:23 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
As stated earlier, the tracks you already have cached will continue to work. New searches can be obtained from the netsearch side of CU. continued refreshing should also work. New CU material from Grooveshark is still to be determined.
If you can play your tracks now, and you got them two weeks ago, they should play without issue tomorrow if they are already cached to your computer.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:45 pm
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:48 pm
Like most of the professional Djs here, we spend a lot of money on music and videos, and this will not affect us in a major way. For $10.00 a month, I really am surprised with the outcry, as if the world was ending. It is what it is, and we have to move on. If you want to make money at this profession, you will have to spend money. Yeah, I used it to get the crazy songs that they ask for, but if I'm supposed to have it, I do. I mean I own all the other equipment that I need to kick the party up. If you paid for the subscription, and it is no longer available, I am sure that Atomix will make good on the $10.00. As long as I have been here, they have always went out of their way to be fair. Now let's worry about things that we have control over.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 4:00 pm
Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
A Man and His Music wrote :
Like most of the professional Djs here, we spend a lot of money on music and videos, and this will not affect us in a major way..

Exactly, I have been DJing for 15 years, using cd's then software and controller for the last few years and i have brought all my music over the years and never relied on a download service to play music, i couldn't work trying to rely on if there was an internet connection at the venue or i had a good enough mobile signal to tether my phone to my pc to download music.
I always send my clients a request list and tell them that i need it at least 14 days prior to the gig and even then i can't guarantee being able to obtain every song, if i don't physically have it on my drive its not played.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 5:35 pm
I warned everyone on this forum about this nearly 4 years ago when the lawsuits first started showing up in the news.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
old post Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 1:58 pm
Just got wind of the news and passing it on to you Premium members that subscribe to the DRM netsearch service provided by Virtual DJ and Grooveshark.

Here are the links:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/legal-and-management/grooveshark-lawsuit-reveals-details-of-universal-1005549582.story

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2011/11/22/grooveshark-is-about-to-be-sued-into-oblivion-by-universal-music-group/

And then this by the Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203710704577052691637532470.html

The netsearch subscription is one of my favorite things about Virtual DJ and it is going to be a sad loss. Hopefully Virtual DJ is working on a new solution.

DJ James
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was ridiculed and told that their was nothing to worry about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
old post Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 2:21 pm
jamesvanek,

Please don't post comments like this as they are baseless. We are not "about to lose Grooveshark".

They have been through this time and time again, first with EMI, which they settled, then with a ton of indies, which they settled, and now with Universal. It's hardly a surprise and certainly not the cause for alarm that your post would indicate. I bet we'll see the two company work out a mutual agreement that will BENEFIT our NetSearch service ;)

Thanks,

Andrew
Atomix should have started searching for an alternative waaayyyy back then.

I called it.

DJ James

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A Man and His Music wrote :
Like most of the professional Djs here, we spend a lot of money on music and videos, and this will not affect us in a major way. For $10.00 a month, I really am surprised with the outcry, as if the world was ending..

Exactly, what have they lost,? nothing, why nothing?, because they had nothing, CU should be a standby not a fulltime solution.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:16 pm
My point is not to take credit for calling this nearly 4 years ago. Back then no one new how the suit would end up.
My point is that when we are paying for a service that is under investigation for wrong doing Atomix should have pulled the
plug on them and looked for a better solution way back then. Folks that post on this forum about how people should have their own music
and how its not a big deal are missing the point. You don't do business with people that are getting sued for ripping off the artists. Especially
when we are paying for the licensed copies and not some BS illegal download that didn't cost grooveshark anything to acquire and upload.
We were paying for something that was illegally obtained. We should sue grooveshark for duping us in the first place. I only subscribed to
the service because I thought that DRM was the legal way to play the songs that I didn't purchase and so that the artists would get their due
credit for the hard work they produce. Instead we were dealing with a ripoff artist that illegally downloaded the songs for free and put them
on their servers to charge us for something they had no right to sell. Everyone should be pissed about this and while Atomix is not at fault,
I don't believe we should have continued to do business with them all this time while allegations of wrong doing were in the courts. Atomix
knew about this and did nothing. So now somebody is out of business (Owners of Grooveshark) and they get to keep all our money that we
paid them for illegal downloads. Yes I am pissed.

DJ James

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:38 pm
You had deniability, they had deniability , you told us so, good for you, nobody died, here's a cookie

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:45 pm
Thanks,

I do like chocolate chip.

DJ James

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:53 pm
my contentunlimited is not working at all i search and nothing comes out i am connected to the internet .it was working a few days ago

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:09 pm
I tried it when VDJ supported the service initially.

It was like using WinMX or some other torrent site but paying for the privilege. The quality of downloads was terrible and none of them were tagged properly.

Can't say I'm sorry to see it go. Never struck me as professional in the slightest.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:19 pm
Rave_gmp. Dude. Where have you been or have you not read the above. While this is being sorted out, audio search has been suspended until something is sorted out. Netsearch however, is still available but only on 8

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:28 pm
Remember when we had to actually buy records, I sort of miss digging and that funky basement smell. I'd go in on delivery day and spend all afternoon rooting about, especially looking for the tunes I'd hidden in the jazz section just because I was skint at the time of finding them,

Happy days, food or vinyl, food or vinyl?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:33 pm
Hit up "Promo Only" Virtual DJ. They have the music and videos.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 7:53 pm
netsearch isnt working either nothing comes out

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:13 pm
Have you updated today gmp?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:15 pm
I have to ask since we just got billed for it. Will we be refunded for it and will the payments for it stop or do we have to cancel it?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:20 pm
read the op

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 8:23 pm
12%