Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djbaum81PRO SubscriberMember since 2012
What bothers me the most is the below statement on the content unlimited page:

"In order to bring you the best selection of high-quality music, video and karaoke, VirtualDJ has partnered with some of the most reliable content providers in the industry. We are commited to ensure that you get the best and latest content legally, while making sure the artists get compensated for their work"

Obviously VDJ/Atomix wasn't doing their job as described!!

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:45 am
kwilsonjr wrote :
In Grooveshark's statement, now visible on their website, they claim "we failed to secure licenses from rights holders for the vast amount of music on the service" (emphasis mine). This sounds to me like it is more than just a few tracks as you claim. Is it legal to continue playing tracks that are cached since they are admittedly pirated?

It depends on what you class as a vast amount. I would say 4000 illegal tracks or more is pretty vast.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:45 am
ugabugaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can we all get a free video subscription to cover us for the weekend?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 11:53 am
VDJ +Spotify....... pull the trigger. Please.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 12:44 pm
I have dj7 and my cached content still seems to be playing ok. If i download version 8, will it still play the content i have cached?
And will i have to pay another subscription fee to use Netsearch?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 12:54 pm
Just checked, all my cached music does work. Now I just sit and wait to see what happens the next time it refreshes the cached music.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 12:55 pm
It's a shame that VDJ doesn't play DRM protected downloads from other services since version 8, as there are places to get subscription music that definitely are legal.

They could still be played in VDJ 7 I guess, but that doesn't help those with newer controllers.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:09 pm
Sorry to be a pain i know nothing about this stuff. If i subscribe to Spotify Premium, will i be able to the tracks on dj7?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:15 pm
Spotify should show up on the side panel in 7 just like other programs do.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:21 pm
Thanks for that. It doesn't at the moment though. Will that change if i subscribe?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:24 pm
it should, until you subscribe its pretty much just a streaming music site like a Pandora. Once you get in spotify you can actually cache the music like CU. That is what I was told anyway.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:29 pm
Cheers pal. I'll check it out.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:35 pm
Telboy62 wrote :
Sorry to be a pain i know nothing about this stuff. If i subscribe to Spotify Premium, will i be able to the tracks on dj7?

No, it would definitely not play in virtualdj 8.
(it might work depending on the configuration of your WMP in vdj7, though I'm not sure, but if it does it would certainly not be integrated in the virtualdj browser)

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:05 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
At least now a real chance for Atomix to release a real streaming interface integration to let us integrate with spotify or deezer ???
Virtualdj should open its browser to the most music actors they can and it would be a win point regarding the competitors.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:14 pm

Ok, then VDJ support staff. Since you guys dropped the ball by not making sure all music was legally provided as described on the CU homepage, what do you recommend to use as a music caching site?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A bit overly concerned about this for a home user aren't you?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:31 pm
You really think im a home user? come on dude. Im never on this forum.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 2:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That what it says under your name.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:01 pm
gnagisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ohhh so thats why, hope they find a solution soon that works :)

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:14 pm
What i'm most worried about is that i have visitors coming to the house tomorrow night for a family celebration and i'm scared my content will disappear before then. Is this possible?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 3:18 pm
8%