Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djgene25ControlleristMember since 2013
You can only get them by subscribe .... so no full songs for you ;-) you can always buy cds or stuff ... point is always have legal back-up music .

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 11:14 am
ayaexHome userMember since 2015
got a PRO infinity and still says i dont have a license ... pls i need a solution

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 11:49 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ayaex wrote :
got a PRO infinity and still says i dont have a license ... pls i need a solution

Did you purchase the Pro Infinity with this account? Your login does not show it. I would open a support ticket.
This is also not the proper thread for your issue. In the future opening a thread related to your issue is what should be done.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 12:10 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 12:13 pm
DrammaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Tractor here i come ! if virtual dj can't fix this i believe ill be done with them all together . i have a 5 year catch of songs that are going to be worthless . yes i have a hard drive with music but thats not the point. These song are among many other songs i have incorporated in my virtual folders what a mess and time consuming this is going to be to replace and rebuild these folders i have created.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 9:20 pm
DrammaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If you mix music , check out " Direct Music Service " its not cheap but has a great library of old school and new releases of music that is designed to mix. once you down load a song its your's . it does not refresh or expire. it has totally changed the the way i DJ ! like I've read over and over and i agree , this net search and audio program / grooveshark ... that is $10 a month , has never been my main sourse of music and should't be for any Dj ! i have many song I've downloaded to my catch over the last five years and incorporated in my red virtual folders and now eventually they may not work and thats upsetting . looking back on the situation i wish i had never started saving any of this content .

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 10:56 pm
It was made very clear from the start by myself and many others that relying on a third party service that was dodgy in the first place was stupid. It's nobody's fault but your own.

If you came to rely on cached files the sensible thing to do would be to purchase and replace them to alleviate something like this hapening.

Off you go to Traktor, because of course it offers something better. Bye!

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 1:46 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your cached files will continue to function as normal.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 4:26 am
If Grooveshark has now been taken down are the cached files not now illegal to use?

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 5:35 am
where can I find virtualdj v7.4.4 to download it???

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:47 pm
[quote=]I guess that depends on how many Video Subscribers there are vs how many Audio Subscribers there are. If there are a significantly higher number of Audio Subscribers, then their $10 a month would make up for some of the losses incurred by lowering the Video price for that more limited number of subscribers. If this comes at a small loss, Atomix should just take the hit to keep everyone happy until they figure this out. It's going to be resolved soon anyway right? A small financial loss this month is probably worth it in the long run if it keeps customers content.

As for this whole professional DJ thing that keeps coming up. It baffles me why a DJ would come into a thread about a streaming content service and start lecturing subscribers about having music files. Obviously if I had infinite music files I would not pay for a streaming service. If there are professionals out there who relied on this service, they were doing so illegally and that is their problem. I DJ at parties with my friends, no one pays me. I pay for a streaming service so that I can take requests for Mumford and Sons and other songs that I have no desire to download and keep on my hard drive. Im just looking for a solution that allows me to keep doing so. I'm not blaming Atomix for what happened, but I am depending on them to address the issue satisfactorily. In the meantime, I'm just trying to brainstorm compromises that allow me to keep using the service, and that keep customers in general happy.

This is intended as a discussion and I appreciate other peoples insights.[/quote]

If you taking your profession as a dj seriously you should not rely on a streaming source as your main library. This is great for someone starting out or in the rare occasion their may be a track you don't have in your library. At some point you need to stop trying to get away with getting things for free or on the cheap and invest in building your library the same way you would invest in your equipment. Having a large library takes time and money to build. There are many resources out there for you to choose from. Blaming atomix is not the solution for you not investing time researching your options. The netsearch was just one option that should only be used as a back up not a main library. Please don't take what I am saying in the wrong way. Just expressing my opinion and from experience. I take pride in building my library over the years and this is a selling point for me when having a consultation with my clients.
Technology these days makes it very easy for anybody to call themselves a dj. While many of us haved evolved from the old days when we had to go to records shop and spends hours listening to the records that were hot at the time or to get access to special remixes. Now and days with the internet it is very easy for anybody interested in djing to get access to crack softwares along with pirated songs. And then they wan't to call themselves professional.
If becoming a professional dj is something you want to take seriously, I recommend that you start on building your business by making investment in building your library.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 2:57 pm
I'm now trying to make use of NetSearch in the absence of Grooveshark, but I am only getting "devicesupport" blank track as a result. Using VDJ8. Any suggestions?

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 3:47 pm
djroman.use wrote :
I'm now trying to make use of NetSearch in the absence of Grooveshark, but I am only getting "devicesupport" blank track as a result. Using VDJ8. Any suggestions?

You need to update. Read the thread. Go back at least a page or two and it will be there... Multiple times.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 4:54 pm
labuenaondadj wrote :
where can I find virtualdj v7.4.4 to download it???

You can find it under the My Account Tab I believe.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 4:56 pm
djbaum81PRO SubscriberMember since 2012

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 10:10 am
The Grooveshark.li address given in the article works...

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 1:35 pm
I am being patient and only minorly affected as I have other subscriptions like many others in here, but I do like the ease and piece of mind of using CU.

Is there any update that can be given as to direction it is heading or timeline. Monday will mark a month.

Thanks

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:01 pm
is there an estimate when its going to be fixed my next step is to get it and the monthly subscription of virtual dj, im on a fixed income i primarily broadcast online , and it is a attractive solution for grabbing requests legally , ive been using my roommates computer the past month and i want to get it before i have to give his computer back

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:58 pm
sort this problem out please cant download nothing, sure thousands of people are paying loads to your company .

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 5:59 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
chriscalvert wrote :
sort this problem out please cant download nothing, sure thousands of people are paying loads to your company .

Payments have been suspended, you are not being billed.
If you update to the current build of V8 or 7.4.4, Netsearch works and you can download some things.

Posted Fri 29 May 15 @ 9:31 pm
98%