Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I don't think it's unreasonable at this point to start giving free video subscriptions to CU Music subscribers until this is resolved. Especially since most of the results now showing up in Netsearch are videos.

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 10:59 am

SBDJMember since 2006
We cannot give all CU audio subscribers a CU video subscription, and to do so would make no sense anyway. You aren't being charged, so if you want CU video then there is nothing stopping you from purchasing it.

As I have said above, repeatedly, as soon as we have something that we can publically announce we will.

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 3:52 pm
[quote=]I don't think it's unreasonable .[/quote]

No, you did not think at all. If you want to be a DJ, you have to pay for your music, or steal it. The choice is yours. Atomix contracted with Grooveshark that provided a large library of music, for $10.00 a month. Grooveshark is out of business, so Atomix has stopped charging you. Netsearch has a limited library, and not always reliable, but it's free. You get what you pay for, in this case, Netsearch. If you would like to get the Contentunlimited video service, you will have to pay for it, just like the other subscribers, to the video plan.

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 4:18 pm
GLENNM264 wrote :
PLEASE GET SOMTHING GOING WITH SPOTIFY ITS A MUST !!!

I know this has been said quite a few times already but Spotify is NOT for commercial use. Great if your a bedroom DJ and not recording anything but just using it for practice but you can NOT use Spotify in Public as a DJ.

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 6:43 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure if Spotify is different in this respect from any other music source though.
Cd's, vinyl, iTunes, ... with all of them you only buy a license for personal use.

Public performances almost always have to be licensed separately, with most countries having their own specific organizations to handle these licenses.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:29 am
@ A Man and His Music

Not really sure why you feel the need to be insulting, so tired of people in this thread telling people rudely how to be a DJ. You should think about how to use markup properly.

This thread is regarding a service I was paying for and which is no longer available. The solution seems to have been to stop charging for the downgraded service. I don't like this solution because it leaves me with less music and Atomix with less money. The solution I think is reasonable is to upgrade the music subscribers to video, while still charging them 10$, until such time as a new content provider can be found. What about the video subscribers who are paying more? Charge them less until the problem resolved. This way there aren't a bunch of subscribers who are left without a service. Atomix can continue to make the 10$ a month off of all video and music subscribers until everything is fixed.

Anyway, when I THOUGHT about it, that seemed like a reasonable solution. I'm sure someone will be able to tell me why that doesn't work and why I'm not a DJ though. I do appreciate Atomix's great support, and while this thread has clearly devolved into a wasteland of flamers and "Real DJ's", I think this forum in general is a great resource.

Peace

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 11:02 am
The video service is provided by VJPro at $50 a month, the audio service was provided by GrooveShark at $10 a month. Who is going to make up the additional $40 for each subscriber? Atomix? I don't think so. VJPro? While they may be sympathetic to the situation, it's not gonna happen.
The intent of these services provided by Atomix has been restated again and again. Either you have a reliable library of tracks for your gigs, you put in some work to get those tracks before your next gig or you're S.O.L. until a solution is found. The professionals are ready, the rest of you need to take this as a learning experience.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 11:31 am
I guess that depends on how many Video Subscribers there are vs how many Audio Subscribers there are. If there are a significantly higher number of Audio Subscribers, then their $10 a month would make up for some of the losses incurred by lowering the Video price for that more limited number of subscribers. If this comes at a small loss, Atomix should just take the hit to keep everyone happy until they figure this out. It's going to be resolved soon anyway right? A small financial loss this month is probably worth it in the long run if it keeps customers content.

As for this whole professional DJ thing that keeps coming up. It baffles me why a DJ would come into a thread about a streaming content service and start lecturing subscribers about having music files. Obviously if I had infinite music files I would not pay for a streaming service. If there are professionals out there who relied on this service, they were doing so illegally and that is their problem. I DJ at parties with my friends, no one pays me. I pay for a streaming service so that I can take requests for Mumford and Sons and other songs that I have no desire to download and keep on my hard drive. Im just looking for a solution that allows me to keep doing so. I'm not blaming Atomix for what happened, but I am depending on them to address the issue satisfactorily. In the meantime, I'm just trying to brainstorm compromises that allow me to keep using the service, and that keep customers in general happy.

This is intended as a discussion and I appreciate other peoples insights.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:01 pm
I'm wondering what other monthly music download site I can use in conjunction with virtual dj thats 9.99?

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:41 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:27 pm
blckjck wrote :
my2dogboys wrote :
I'm wondering what other monthly music download site I can use in conjunction with virtual dj thats 9.99?

This question is probably best for a different topic. I would check out the music sub forum.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/16/Music_discussion.html

to answer the question... the is NOTHING that works inside VDJ that costs $9.99.. I think this has been said MANY MANY TIME within this thread.... Just us another service OUTSIDE of VDJ.. ERG, BPMSUPREME, PROMO ONLY... ETC

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:33 pm
I don't see the problem. I only see an opportunity. I was not a client when they offered Grooveshark. I already have a Spotify account to discover new music, to stream in my house, as it is the standard nowadays. It costs me 7 euros a month. And if I can use it in VDJ for eg. 10 euro a month, I'll move over and they'll have a new client. I'm not interested in other streaming services I only want the standard!

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:30 pm
Were not referring to streaming services.... I was referring to music subscription services. I see too many people complaining... They only want to spend $10 a month for their music.. COME ON!! if your a DJ you should be able to get your music from a regular source and then use whatever service VDJ comes up with as a backup....

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:51 pm
Is there an estimated time approximation for the solution because I would like to renew my subscription and start downloading songs again for upcoming gigs. Thanks

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 8:21 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
Quote :
I guess that depends on how many Video Subscribers there are vs how many Audio Subscribers there are.

It's not going to happen and there are several reasons why the video service may not be a good replacement for audio subscribers. I'm not sure the audio subscribers want to download a 100Mb+ file for every song for example.

Quote :
It's going to be resolved soon anyway right?

Absolutely.

Quote :
A small financial loss this month is probably worth it in the long run if it keeps customers content.

I guess that depends what you term a small financial loss. Think about how much it might cost to provide the video service, and thus how much we could lose on a single subscription. When you multiply that by the number of subscribers, it's suddenly not such a small loss any more.

We've apologised, repeatedly, we've stopped charging customers and promised that any time they've paid for will be rolled over and provided access to netsearch (and done what we can to improve that too) to customers who had an audio plan. We're sorry the service has been suspended and for any inconvenience caused, however I'm sure you'd all rather we did this properly and didn't just cobble something together and limp onwards.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 9:05 pm
It seems that most songs in the net search are from YouTube and that means I have to pre listen to anything as you never know what your going to get at all. Bad recordings, live versions, someone else singing it. This is pretty bad. I own as much music as I can afford, but I do not own everything, that is why I pay 10 bucks a month. I need a more reliable music source for tracks I don't have!

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 1:16 am
SBDJ wrote :
djstevedk wrote :
so it looks like this is never going to get sorted out... just members commenting

Sadly these things are not instant, however plenty of staff have commented on this thread. Unfortunately we tend to be ignored.

djstevedk wrote :
..as ive previously posted to get something official on your site vdj instead of this pointless thread.. get that crap video off your homepage and keep us informed....

VirtualDJ news and information has always been posted to the forum rather than the website.

djstevedk wrote :
as a paid up member of the pro licence and content unlimited as many others do we not deserve an official update and maybe even a automated email update.

Current status: We are working on a replacement service and as soon as we have any information we can make public we will do so.

There's no point sending an automated email update when there is nothing to update people with as yet!

thanks for replying but surely an automated email or an actual news banner could of at least been put in place as soon as this problem occurred? it would have been the right and fair thing to do and would of actually saved so many people asking the same thing over and over again on this thread due to the fact they either havnt bothered to read it or havnt the time to scroll through pages upon pages to hopefully see something constructive... just a thought

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 4:33 am
Hiya: Question: Do DJ's who get paid for pro jobs really 'not belong' to Record Pools? For $50/month, pools like IDJPOOL supply so much varied & great quality music files, it's silly to take chances with those 'netsearch' files you have to preview. Not that I'm not using the service, for 'oddballs', now that we've lost Grooveshark, but...especially for extended cuts, 'redrums' & for you folks who need them, 'old school disco'...it's an amazing service.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 6:40 am
DJ EvergreenVT wrote :
Hiya: Question: Do DJ's who get paid for pro jobs really 'not belong' to Record Pools? For $50/month, pools like IDJPOOL supply so much varied & great quality music files, it's silly to take chances with those 'netsearch' files you have to preview. Not that I'm not using the service, for 'oddballs', now that we've lost Grooveshark, but...especially for extended cuts, 'redrums' & for you folks who need them, 'old school disco'...it's an amazing service.

Thats what I have been saying.. BUT there are too many people who are bedroom DJs or ones complaining that they cannot spent more then $10 a month for music.. I dont get how one can be a DJ and not have proper music. I know the discussion in this thread went off course, but its crazy to see how many DJs only had CU as their ONLY music source...

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 7:50 am
I want the songs from the netsearch to use, but i can only play 30 sec because i don't have de content unlimited. How can i use them? because i can not subscibe to content unlimited.

thanks

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 9:03 am
94%