Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2191

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Backspin/forwardspin detection speed increased to +-50%
-crossfader_disable action takes effect instantly
-custom sort fields working in filter folders using group by
-Fix 'error' displayed on deck on fresh install if samplerate is not 44100
-browsed_file_color "reset" to clear the set color
-get_rotation_cue added
-mute also mutes sampler if routed through deck effects
-fix problem with slicer buttons sometimes lighting up randomly
-if crossfader is disabled, it doesn't affect video crossfader in auto mode anymore
-fix midi clock output setting not saved when no custom mapping was created in some cases
-karaoke files are never zoomed or stretched to ensure lyrics are properly readable

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 12:44 am
sclavel wrote :
-karaoke files are never zoomed or stretched to ensure lyrics are properly readable

No, they still zoom following video settings. Are you sure this is implemented?
Im using a custom button to toggle the zoom setting with this command..
setting 'letterBoxing' 'zoom' ? setting 'letterBoxing' 'crop' : setting 'letterBoxing' 'crop' ? setting 'letterBoxing' 'bars' : setting 'letterBoxing' 'zoom'

[edit1:] the video output when zoomed looks like this:

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 10:21 am
Not sure what happened but this build sent my Mac into a restart loop. I had to ( after a dozen restarts) delete VDJ. It then took a few more restarts to be able to empty it from the trash.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 10:56 am
Backspin/forwardspin detection speed increased to +-50%

Now its worse again using Pioneer CDJ 850's. I cant even use this version. Is there some setting somewhere Im missing???

Also CPU usage is through the roof on my MacBook. Even before I load a track the CPU jumps up to the red and is using 80% with no tracks loaded, temps climbed up to 205 degrees before I just shut it down and again this is with NO tracks loaded!!

Again this version is no good for on either a Mac or PC. I can give access remote to anyone who wants to check them out my machines for themselves..............

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:18 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
What's the details on your Macbook Pro? I have two 2014 MBP's and upgraded to this build and I see a slight raise on the CPU (11% previously, 18% now), however nothing super heinous...

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:11 pm
2011 MacBook Pro 16 gig of ram with the 1 gig video card.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 9:14 pm
Well this is weird...on vdj8 latest beta when i press a sampler kick to play there is no volume unless i lift the second deck volume fader...i'm trying it out with and without a controller connected...is this normal?is anybody else having this issue?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 10:56 pm
Check that your sampler audio output is set to 'master'. It's probably set to 'deck 2'.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 3:30 am
my macbook is a mid 2011 15". took several hours to get it back to normal. had to delete vdj 8. It just went nuts as soon as it updated to this build.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:52 am
ok thanks! that was it!

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 12:26 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I don't know if something changed on that field but i tried to manually tap 4 times on the half beat (The real beat is in the middle of 2 beats) to change the BeatGrid on 2 songs, but suddenly it doesn't work...

Posted Wed 01 Apr 15 @ 2:51 pm
new build 2191 takes much more CPU, constantly on red! lags,scratch stutter,
mac 10.7.5 dc 2.2 4gb, latency 256/512, loadprio idle/ low, fps skin 31/ video 50
thank you

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try to go back to previous builds and see at which point it started happening?

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:19 am
Video files ending with .mp4v are seaming not to be in playing sample bank.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 6:24 pm
Major issue last night :( Was working through some files and batch editing 5 tracks to correct a spelling issue. Tag Editor encountered a problem and shut down programme. When re-opening, almost 1000 tracks had changed to the title of the track I was correcting the spelling of. Spent hours putting everything back to normal and today have noticed that tons of the Samples have changed name also so now have the unenviable task of putting that right now as well. However, that one will be quicker as I can copy across from other gig laptop.

Not sure if related to this Build or not but never happened on any other :/

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 7:52 am
I had a Tagging issue the other night as well. Tagged a mp4 file as karaoke and it froze the video up. was able to repeat this twice

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 1:42 pm
Erkin did you highlight a lot of tracks at once. The tag editor will update all the tracks highlighted.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 15 @ 5:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
KJ Erkin wrote :
Major issue last night :( Was working through some files and batch editing 5 tracks to correct a spelling issue. Tag Editor encountered a problem and shut down programme. When re-opening, almost 1000 tracks had changed to the title of the track I was correcting the spelling of. Spent hours putting everything back to normal and today have noticed that tons of the Samples have changed name also so now have the unenviable task of putting that right now as well. However, that one will be quicker as I can copy across from other gig laptop.

It appears the crash happened with Telly Visuals, so doesn't look related to the tag editing.

It sounds like you had all the tracks selected and changed the title for all of them at once then.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 1:23 am
Adion wrote :
KJ Erkin wrote :

It appears the crash happened with Telly Visuals, so doesn't look related to the tag editing.

It sounds like you had all the tracks selected and changed the title for all of them at once then.

Didn't have TV activated and definitely only 5 files selected - can remember exactly what the 5 files were. It happens - it's the chance we take with Beta builds but hopefully won't happen again.

Posted Sat 04 Apr 15 @ 2:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)