Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: changing the key of the song build up with loop halfing effect in DDJ-SR

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello i was wondering if there exist an effect that would change the key of a song from normal to up and at the same time half the looping of a song incrementely and then reset to normal pitch at the end and exit the loop ? is there an effect there that does that outthere? or SHOULD I MAKE IT AS A MAPPING?
i realise my DDJ-SR has one turn knob (which isnt used at all , but that turn knob it doesnt have the centering adjusted (u cant feel under ur fingers when it is in defoult bc it is that kind of a knob).. so i was thinking of remapping one of the sliders to be used as key changer (key_smooth) or is there any beter way to do that already with effects that come with addons?

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 4:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's no effect like that , but it is scriptable.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 9:34 am
Show us the way, oh master. Lead and we will follow.

:-)

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 5:40 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not a pretty script but it works

loop ? loop 0.125 ? loop_exit & key_move -5 : loop_half & key_move +1 : loop 4

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 9:15 am
Is this meant for a button or a turn knob?
I would like it for a turn knob, but i would like it for a turn knob that has the feel when it is in the center position... in the ddj-sr...unfotunately all the tur knobs are already occupied withother mappings.. but i was wondering if i could make a button work as a toggle so one of the ocupied turn knobs would work as defoult while that buton is off and s the script below describet when is on?
on button that could be used for that would be VINYL WITH CORRESPONDING MAPPING:
VINYL vinyl_mode

AND FOR THE TURN KNOB I WOULD USE: FILTER and FILTER_ON with the current mapping SHOWN BELOW that would have to be changed somehow to add the VINYL toggle button
so i assume i would change VINYL to vinyl_mode & toggle '$variable' (corect me if this would work)

FILTER get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : filter : filter

FILTER_ON get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50% : down ? nothing : filter 50%

now becouse the
VINYL would look like this
VINYL vinyl_mode & toggle '$variable'
the new FILTER and FILTER_ON would look maybe like this?

FILTER var '$variable'? get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : filter : filter : loop ? loop 0.125 ? loop_exit & key_move -5 : loop_half & key_move +1 : loop 4 or just key_smooth

to add just the key changer to siplify it

FILTER_ON var '$variable' ? get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50% : down ? nothing : filter 50% : loop ? loop 0.125 ? loop_exit & key_move -5 : loop_half & key_move +1 : loop 4 or just key_smooth

key_smooth is instead of that bold thingy...
key_smooth would let u decide on ur beats.. so giving u more freedome

??? any mistakes in thinking?
ty Jan

P.S. I TRIED IT WITH THE KEY_SMOOTH VERSION AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY :)

PachN wrote :
Not a pretty script but it works

loop ? loop 0.125 ? loop_exit & key_move -5 : loop_half & key_move +1 : loop 4

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 10:05 am
HI everyone.
after some testing i desided to be "happy for now" with this setting:

VINYL vinyl_mode & toggle 'variable' & key +0

FILTER var 'variable'? key_smooth : get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : filter : filter

FILTER_ON var 'variable' ? key_smooth : get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50% : down ? nothing : filter 50%

WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO THIS BUTTONS TOO:
AUTO_LOOP loop & key +0

HOTCUE_PAD1 hot_cue 1 & key +0
.sumilarly down till number 8
HOTCUE_PAD8 hot_cue 8 & key +0

Group1 are are buttons when yo first press shift hot_cue (so hot_cue buton flashes blue)
GROUP1_PAD1 hot_cue 1 & down ? loop on : loop off & key +0
-
GROUP1_PAD8 hot_cue 8 & down ? loop on : loop off & key +0

but there is still a bug which i dont know how to resolve:
now when i press Vinyl button on right deck (it turns on and now my filter acts as key_smooth (changes the key slowly up or down)
when i turn it off (on right deck) it turns the filter into a regular filter

BUT on my left deck
when i turn the VINYL BUTTON ON the filter on my left deck acts as a filter
and when i turn it OFF my filter on my left deck acts a key_smooth (changing the key up and down)

i would like that the VINYL BUTTON does the same for my left and right deck :
I would like that when i turn my left deck VINYL BUTTON ON my filter acts normal as a filter
and when i turn my VINYL button OFF my filter knob on my left deck acts like my key_smooth (changing my key up and down)
And the same for my right deck.

The mapping i provided.. tell me if you know how to adjust the buttons and knobs
VINYL , FILTER, FILTER_ON
si it would do as i want if you have any ideas.
Ty.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 12:16 pm
There is an effect for version 7 that does half of what your asking, it doesn't shorten the loop though. Not sure if it'll work with 8.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:44 pm
MORE INTERESTED IN FINDING THE MAPPING THAT WOULD DO WHAT I DESCRIBED BELOW :):

originalnost wrote :
HI everyone.
after some testing i desided to be "happy for now" with this setting:

FILTER var 'variable'? key_smooth : get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : filter : filter

FILTER_ON var 'variable' ? key_smooth : get decks 2 ? action_deck 3 ? nothing : action_deck 4 ? nothing : down ? nothing : filter 50% : down ? nothing : filter 50%

WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO THIS BUTTONS TOO:
AUTO_LOOP loop & key +0

HOTCUE_PAD1 hot_cue 1 & key +0
.sumilarly down till number 8
HOTCUE_PAD8 hot_cue 8 & key +0

Group1 are are buttons when yo first press shift hot_cue (so hot_cue buton flashes blue)
GROUP1_PAD1 hot_cue 1 & down ? loop on : loop off & key +0
-
GROUP1_PAD8 hot_cue 8 & down ? loop on : loop off & key +0

but there is still a bug which i dont know how to resolve:
now when i press Vinyl button on right deck (it turns on and now my filter acts as key_smooth (changes the key slowly up or down)
when i turn it off (on right deck) it turns the filter into a regular filter

BUT on my left deck
when i turn the VINYL BUTTON ON the filter on my left deck acts as a filter
and when i turn it OFF my filter on my left deck acts a key_smooth (changing the key up and down)

i would like that the VINYL BUTTON does the same for my left and right deck :
I would like that when i turn my left deck VINYL BUTTON ON my filter acts normal as a filter
and when i turn my VINYL button OFF my filter knob on my left deck acts like my key_smooth (changing my key up and down)
And the same for my right deck.

The mapping i provided.. tell me if you know how to adjust the buttons and knobs
VINYL , FILTER, FILTER_ON
si it would do as i want if you have any ideas.
Ty.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 4:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
originalnost wrote :

Not sure about that, but could you try it this way:

VINYL vinyl_mode & toggle '$variable' & key +0

By adding a $ infront of the the variable name you declare the variable as "global" and not only deck related.

Posted Wed 08 Apr 15 @ 4:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)