Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 freeze on Macbook Pro - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am running the latest version of virtual dj 8 on the most recent macbook pro which I only bought for djing.
Every time I run the software, after about 20 mins I will load a song onto one of the decks and the whole software freezes and I have to force quit. Therefore I have not been able to use my new macbook.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 5:28 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Do you use ContentUnlimited or do you have a external harddrive connected with the Mac?

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 4:39 am
Using content unlimited

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 4:53 am
Load always the track to cache!
Only when the download is complete done, load the track onto a deck.

This should eleminate the CU related freezing.

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 6:17 am
All my songs are fully downloaded and it still keeps freezing

Posted Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 2:46 pm
Does it freeze on ALL files or only when using special ones?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:09 am
It happens with all files, it will be running fine then randomly it freezes when I load a track

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 12:15 pm
Strange, VDJ will normaly only freeze if VDJ does not get a respond from drive or other connected devices.

Can you please tell me what kind equipment you have connected with the Mac?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 6:37 am
Is this happening with video or audio files? Are you running video when this happens?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 11:09 am
It happens when nothing is connected.
And just running audio files.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 11:16 am
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had the same problem ,but never get any answer and I cancel my subcription,if you guys fix it let me know how do it,I will get my unlimited cont. back

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 12:08 pm
panongControlleristMember since 2013
i have allso problem of my vdj8 using mac laptop computer.all software downloaded completed but i cannot search my track songs because nothing SEARCH ICON..allso they are always updating the software and remind me buy license i already purchase it.thats why all system became freeze and stop working..i force shutdown my system and do it again to open vdj8 many times always freeze...any one help me

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 10:40 am
Having the exact same problems. This is BAD as I have several weddings coming up. Please help us fix this horrible freezing and crashing with Macbooks, Pro 8 and content unlimited.

Posted Sat 25 Apr 15 @ 10:07 am
Having same issue on my macbook pro 16g ram 500g ssd, no problems with vdj 7 but vdj 8 random freeze crashes are killing me, no problems on pc just my macbook pro.... randomly on loading songs, wether they are cached or from itunes.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:21 am
There was a patch related to video recently for OS X. If you haven't updated, consider doing that to see if it helps with the issue.

As I'm not a Virtual DJ user, I can' t do any testing myself, but the patch 'might' help. Also, you might want to load Memory Clean to keep track of the amount of available memory. The problem you suggest almost sounds like a memory leak and if it is, then Memory Clean will help you to be able to troubleshoot that issue. You'll see the available memory slowly dropping and never going back up. Additional testing would be needed to verify a memory leak, but it may be a good start to help identifying the issue.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 1:34 pm
oohyeahPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am experiencing the same problem. I have the VDJ 8 build 2245 RMX controller and macbook pro 13" 4gb OSX 10.9.5. I tried many combinations in my sequence using it including analyzing UC song/video before loading to the deck and I even installed memory clean to clean memory before and during use. But still I get the freeze. I have a gig this Fri and I thought I'll just use VDJ 7. But I tried today and the video is slower than the song. I HOPE THERE IS A FIX ON THIS SOON! I paid $50 for the video content but I'm not able to enjoy it. Is there also a way to improve VDJ 7 video performance? HELP PLEASE.

Posted Wed 13 May 15 @ 8:18 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Have you run "File Permissions" lately on your MBP? If not, please try that.

Posted Sun 17 May 15 @ 9:56 pm
I have this exact same problem. It was brought to the attention of moderators over three months ago and still no fix. Now with Grooveshark going down VDJ7 is not capable enough to support a full gig. Pathetic.

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 11:17 am
Same problem here, without controller for me, haven't got the chance to use my controller. But I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 10:12 pm
Hi I am suffering from this problem too this is the busiesty month the the year with graduations and weddings.

DArin

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 12:38 am
45%