Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8 freeze on Macbook Pro - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I keep an separate partition with OS Maverick and VDJ7 for just such an emergency my only challenge is my playlist, virtual folders and Database with my rating for each song. Can some point me in the right direction to import these from VDJ8 to VDJ7?

Posted Sat 20 Jun 15 @ 12:55 am
Hi VDJ team,

Thank you for the speedy fix everything is all good now!!

Cheers,

Darin

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 8:14 am
HI!
i have the same problem? can someone help me!!!

/karrobaro

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 2:53 pm
Can someone actually post a solution?

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 11:12 pm
sonisphere wrote :
Hi VDJ team,

Thank you for the speedy fix everything is all good now!!

Cheers,

Darin

Can some one help us....The mac is freeze!!!

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 4:56 am
I am also having this same problem. I am using VDJ8 with my Pioneer DDJSR and MacBook Pro. In the middle of a gig the program freezes, and now when i just open the program, my CPU is showing 2-3 bars which it has never even showed 1. Before all my gig I check permission files and run repair files on MacBook and still continue to free and I have to force quit. I really need this problem fixed!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:20 pm
Hi everyone

I can confirm I am also getting the same freezing error. It seems to be related to content unlimited because it only happened for the first time after I subscribed to this service. I have had to resort to having my iphone connected to my mixer with an emergency track loaded up so I can force quite and restart VDJ8 when it happens. Not very professional!

When the software freezes, the track which is already playing still continues to play, and I can still control the mixer etc using my controller, but none of the lights on the controller respond as they normally would.

My specs:
MacBook Pro 2.9GHz i7
OSX 10.8.5
VDJ8 Version 8.0.0. build 2338.1018
Main music stored on USB3 external HDD, with cache for content unlimited in my Documents folder on the main laptop HDD.
I always pre-download any content unlimited tracks before loading into a deck.

It would be great if someone could shed some light on this.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 12:06 pm
Hi, can someone from VDJ please respond about this? This seems to be a common problem judging by the number of posts on this thread, and it's a pretty fundamental problem.

We really do need a solution for this asap.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 5:50 am
i get the same freeze, ive come to expect it now. how sad is that? the song continues to play but i have no control. program is frozen. must force quit and restart. AND YES my songs are pre down loaded.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 8:33 pm
I am also suffering from the same problem. Bought a MBP thinking that this was the best computer for the job. However I have now had it three weeks and unable to DJ with it what so ever. This needs fixed now as I am now starting to lose money. Ps Does anyone else have any other sultions other than going back to vdj7 to get myself back up and running smoothly as I can't take another weekend of tracks skipping and vdj stopping working? Thanks. Ross

Posted Mon 13 Jul 15 @ 6:07 pm
Does no-one from Virtual DJ actually read these forums? This is pretty poor customer service. Considering how much we all paid for the software, the least we could expect is an acknowledgement of the problem!

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 1:30 am
Hello

I´m having the same problem when using CU.
Only works a few tracks then VDJ freezes. Caching tracks won´t help.

I´m using a MacBook Pro, have tried with different versions of VDJ without any luck.

I will cancel my subscription until there is a solution.

/Stefan

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 2:46 pm
any new solutions?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 7:22 pm
I have the same issue on my macbook pro, and this is only happening since I subscribed to content unlimited yesterday. And I have 3 weddings coming this month!! This is really disappointing considering the price I paid for the VDJ PRO license and content unlimited subscriptions!! I hope someone from Atomix will at least answer to this, and more importantly find a fix quickly!!

Posted Fri 07 Aug 15 @ 11:44 pm
just to add some spice....vdj8 freezes/crashes (whatever) when in broadcast or record mode.this happens regardless of build....macbook pro ox 10.9.5 hercules 4mx controller

Posted Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 7:23 pm
has there been a fix on VDJ8 for the freezing yet? Mines keep freezing please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 3:33 am
i guess i will cancel all my content unlimited and VDJ altogether and purchase a different dj program. This sucks for the money I have spent since 2010.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 3:36 am
Having the same issue. Macbook getting the pinwheel and decks freezing while the song keeps playing. No control over the controller or laptop when this free happens. UG any fix yet?

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 8:28 pm
what build you on?

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 11:54 pm
Same Problem here, freezing, says song is playing but it's not, or i get the twitchy play,and nothing by my NS6 is connected to my 17'' macbook pro, 2 - 2terabyte sata drives, this comp is a workhorse and there should be absolutely no reason for this to happen!

I did notice my MDS is going crazy, when i run Virtual DJ, so i turn off indexing.. still no help.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 1:27 am
91%