-fix cue marker colors in scratch waves
-vertical scratch wave shows cue markers
-Fix ignore controller not remembered for generic midi devices
-visibility working for scratch skin object
-Fix some problems when using slicer actions with Slicer not selected in a slot
-defaultmapper parameter added to controller definition
-karaoke_add and edit_singer actions added

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 4:42 pm
thanks for the karaoke_add, not regression but does anyone know how to get the type of highlighted file, tried TYPE 'karaoke' without any luck.
next a command to show/hide sideview..

thanks for the excellent work... looking good so far...

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 5:47 pm
sidelist gone again!!
or have i missed something? should this keep happening on every or most auto updates??

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 8:55 pm
dj fandosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
please change the color of the cue, white is more vicible. blue does not look good with black background .. thanks

Posted Sun 08 Feb 15 @ 9:13 pm
Ah, but if they make it white then it wouldn't be visible when using a daylight skin. :-)

The best thing would be to make the colour user configurable (or coded in the skin).

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 7:10 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Tried to update and now I get a message saying
"App cannot run on your system contact software publisher.
I tried to download VDJ8 and still get the same results.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 8:08 am
bogart wrote :
Tried to update and now I get a message saying
"App cannot run on your system contact software publisher.
I tried to download VDJ8 and still get the same results.

Care to share your operating system?

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 8:21 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PC Windows 8.1

I reverted back to 2144 and a now able to use version 8 again.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 8:28 am
timecode works perfect !!!.
needless to add, cue in Smart mode. 1 minute cue code equals 1, 2 minute cue code equal to 2 and so ....
for natural search already exists absolute :)

happy how it works. and would only add that the maximum for dj vinyl

thanks you!

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 12:51 pm
groovindj wrote :
Ah, but if they make it white then it wouldn't be visible when using a daylight skin. :-)

The best thing would be to make the colour user configurable (or coded in the skin).

90% of dj work at night ;)

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 12:57 pm
dj fandos wrote :
timecode works perfect !!!.
needless to add, cue in Smart mode. 1 minute cue code equals 1, 2 minute cue code equal to 2 and so ....
for natural search already exists absolute :)

happy how it works. and would only add that the maximum for dj vinyl

thanks you!

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 1:51 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Small delay seeing the music when open up folders..OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 4:21 pm
DJKichosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
dj fandos wrote :
please change the color of the cue, white is more vicible. blue does not look good with black background .. thanks

+1

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 5:04 pm
dj fandos wrote :

maybe its just a matter of switching skins .. the one I'm using has white cue markers "vdj8 but fruit" skin

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 5:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Fixed in 2144

-bug with some param_multipliers being executed twice fixed

Reintroduced this build.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 5:28 pm
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014
pic removed

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 8:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
leneer,
we appreciate your translation of the change log in Chinese, but you may understand that this is not the right place to do so. Imagine of others doing the same for Japanese, Arab, Greek, Russian etc. It would also encourage users to post here in various languages other than English and this is not something we want either.

Please post anything you want in the Chinese Forum. You may also create a thread with the translation of every build (will make sure its sticky too).

EDIT. Just saw you ve posted in the Asian Forum too.
PM me if you want anything changed there (make it sticky, change title etc).
Please dont continue discussion here.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:11 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
marksmolinski wrote :
sidelist gone again!!
or have i missed something? should this keep happening on every or most auto updates??

It seems that this build reset some of the configurations in Setting---Options back to default. For example, my custom keyboard mapping is still there but I had to reselect it s all. The V& side list option was reset to default so I had to reactivate that. Scrolling text was turned back on so I had to turn that off again.

Also, "Options---smartcue" was reset to yes. I keep it at no. This feature gave a lot of users a tough time in the beginning days of V8. The setting that really threw me for a secound was that: settings---options---audio---autoCue was rest to skip silence. I always leave this set to "Cue"

This is the first build that I can remeber in a long time that reset Options to default. In other words, it would be wise after a new beta build to double check your Config setting as a habit. Not a biggie but you may wonder why something isn't working the way it did prior.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 9:50 pm
ProfLee wrote :
marksmolinski wrote :
sidelist gone again!!

It seems that this build reset some of the configurations in Setting---Options back to default. For example, my custom keyboard mapping is still there but I had to reselect it s all. The V& side list option was reset to default so I had to reactivate that. Scrolling text was turned back on so I had to turn that off again.

Also, "Options---smartcue" was reset to yes. I keep it at no. This feature gave a lot of users a tough time in the beginning days of V8. The setting that really threw me for a secound was that: settings---options---audio---autoCue was rest to skip silence. I always leave this set to "Cue"

This is the first build that I can remeber in a long time that reset Options to default. In other words, it would be wise after a new beta build to double check your Config setting as a habit. Not a biggie but you may wonder why something isn't working the way it did prior.

You are right, it did reset a few things, then so did the last build which some how set the rpm to 0

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 11:59 am
-visibility used for drop zones

how do we make use of this?
Will we be able to have the dropzone border illuminate in someway as we drag a file over (on mouse over for example)??

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 7:42 pm
54%