Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: #SilverSleek2 - Page: 21

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Version 2.18 is up!
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80243

Version 2.19 (which includes new layouts) should come very soon, but I though I would release the version with cue & loop colors on the pads and waveforms first.

PS: If you haven't upgraded your VirtualDj to one of the latest public builds then DO NOT use this version of the skin.
Either stick to version 2.16 or upgrade VirtualDj.
Thanks!

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 9:09 am
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi George,

I've downloaded and installed the file/skin but am receiving an error message "Impossible to open Skin SilverSleek2.SilverSlek2N. I'm ruinning VDJ8.1 pc build 2832.1112 under Windows 10. The skin is appearing in the in the interface window with all details eg: build 18 but when I click to install I receive the above message.

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 10:25 am
thanks for the update.

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 10:26 am
mjay350 wrote :
Hi George,

I've downloaded and installed the file/skin but am receiving an error message "Impossible to open Skin SilverSleek2.SilverSlek2N. I'm ruinning VDJ8.1 pc build 2832.1112 under Windows 10. The skin is appearing in the in the interface window with all details eg: build 18 but when I click to install I receive the above message.

Hmmm. It opens fine here...

Can you try rename your settings.xml and try again (as a test) since skin settings are saved within your settings.xml file ?

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 11:09 am
mjay350 wrote :
"......receiving an error message "Impossible to open Skin SilverSleek2.SilverSlek2N. I'm ruinning VDJ8.1 pc build 2832.1112 under Windows 10. The skin is appearing in the in the interface window with all details eg: build 18 but when I click to install I receive the above message.

I just have installed the 2.18 skin succesfully. I also have VDJ8.1 pc build 2832.1112 on Windows 10. No problem here.

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 3:40 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Installed on Mac (El Capitan) without any problems.

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 4:27 pm
mjay350PRO InfinityMember since 2014
OK, it's now good. Seems like the install file I downloaded had corrupted. I renamed the settings.xml and tried again with the original downloaded install file and got the same error message. Renamed the settings.xml again and downloaded another install file. That seemed to fix it. Just another of those computer things, I guess. Cheers George, can't wait to use the new skin.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 5:50 am
Thank you for the update.
Very impressive work.
Well done ;o)

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 11:16 am
So much empty space on top bar George! Give us a battery status on the next update my friend! ; )
Thanks for the great skin on more time!

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 3:43 pm
Battery status will come on next update. However I can't stop wondering why users want it... IMHO they should not DJ with their laptop running on battery instead of AC. Too many things can go wrong (besides the obvious to run out of power :P )

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 4:32 pm
Probably more of a visual check that AC is plugged in.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 4:52 pm
Yes, or maybe they're not DJing but just using their laptop on the move (train, plane, coffee shop...) and doing some database management - or even just listening. :-)

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 12:19 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Probably more of a visual check that AC is plugged in.

Exactly. It happened to me, a bartender took out the plug and put his iPhone for charge! After a while I got the message about battery and panic!!! Mobile dj often works not on special dj booths unfortunately!

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 12:25 pm
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The height of the progress waves in v2.18 is smaller as the height in previous versions.
Is this a bug or a new feature?
I prefer the bigger progress waves. Is it possible to adjust the height of the progress waves?

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 9:46 am
How do I get the grid markers to move at the same speed as the scratch wave in timecode view??

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 1:24 pm
I see the browser bug is still there...

If I select the central panel to show 'Playlist - Automix' it shows (in my case) the sampler.

When I try to change the view using the 'sideview' icons at the bottom of the central panel window, only the top bar changes.

The sampler pads are still shown i.e. that area does not redraw. The 'sideview triggerpad' button in the sampler view doesn't switch views either.

This bug has been present since release day. IMO it's about time it was fixed!

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 1:52 pm
Works ok for me. Maybe something wrong with your global variables in the settings.xml

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 2:09 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
How do I get the grid markers to move at the same speed as the scratch wave in timecode view??

Nevermind I just zoomed all the way in and then back out and everything matched up.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 3:49 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Works ok for me.

It does for me too - once I resize or reload the skin. It's one of those odd things that only works under certain conditions.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 4:25 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

The easiest way is to open VirtualDj settings, search for "zoom" and set both numbers the same. I use 0.2 but you may use whatever suits you best

Posted Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 3:56 am
80%