Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2126 - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since its a custom skin, and no other is able to reproduce it, then perhaps you should take a look at the xml code of the skin and how the panels are define (grouped)

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 6:41 am
last night I played with 2126 for the first time and I had an Issue I didnt have before. I connected 2 external inputs as well for the first time so not sure if it is 100% regression, but still I encountered the following:

4 deck skin, 2 inputs (deck 3 and 4 were line inputs)

I had trouble mixing with sync because when I had selected an input deck (3 or 4), it changed the masterdeck to this deck.

I would suggest to NOT change masterdeck when selecting an input deck. (Only when the input deck is a normal deck again)\
so do not change masterdeck to input deck.

I must say the situation was: The end amplifier was very loud, so I couldnt put my deck faders up beyond halfway (master vol was already very minimal) I think this situation may have helped create my problem, however I still suggest (maybe an option or standard behaviour) that Masterdeck doesnt jump to input deck when you activate an input

thanks, cheers

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 10:06 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Altought you can disable the auto masterdeck selection, to let you manually set it. But that may not be the behavior you're expecting...

Posted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 1:37 pm
raypitman wrote :
Found the reason for my crashes, some old WMA files.

You should post one of those files so someone could have a look.

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 9:58 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
DJ SWID wrote :
it happened to me only at 2126

I'm six months with this Skin and until this version have never had problems, i post it Because I saw other people who reported similar problems after 2126

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 11:55 am
Could you point us to the link of the custom skin or email me the skin if its not uploaded ? (babis@virtualdj.com)
Btw, you said others mentioned skin issues with the latest build. Which are those exactly ?

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 4:16 pm

it happened to me at the same day and i have dell i7 8gb win 7

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 6:51 pm
@swid

backup and then delete settings.xml

then try

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 7:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJ SWID wrote :

Why are you asking this on a social media site? These forums are, have been, will be, the best place for technical assistance. Not Facebook....

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 9:45 pm
(from another post about audiodrop loading tracks)
PachN wrote :
I get that too sometimes. very rare though. and it's more like a very very short dropout of sound.
I can't reproduce it. sometimes it happens a couple of times a night. sometimes not even once.

edit: but it's the same with v7.

this answers one of my issues, I also notice these rare audiodrops on longer mixes,afternoons.... but I remember when the audiodrop hapenned I tried loading more tracks,and the next 3,4 loaded tracks forced the audiodrop, so it is a momentary freeze/autoscan/vdj refresh or whatever ,btw I have the loadprio to "idle",I think it performs better than in "low".
macbook DC 2.2/4gb 256 latency SCS 1 system
about the deck effect audioglitch, when scrolling effects the audioglitch also causes a deck milisec freeze and so decks get out of sync,when the bug happens I can reproduce the glitch on the other decks, this hapenned on other builds, I cant force it on 2094,but I did on 2126 and 2117, I will update vdj8 and make a video.
thank you

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 10:34 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
DJ SWID wrote :

Why are you asking this on a social media site? These forums are, have been, will be, the best place for technical assistance. Not Facebook....

This is not my post on facebook...

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 10:52 pm
so windows and mac, same issues? skin not really rendering somehow? custom skin? or default skin?

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:51 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
djdad wrote :
Btw, you said others mentioned skin issues with the latest build. Which are those exactly ?

Couldn't that be related to the issue I mentioned about the drawing of some vu-meters in my skin ? Looks like a layering mistake in both cases...

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:56 am
Layering - my worst nightmare! The problems I've had with £%$!& layering :-(

Skins that work fine in VDJ 7 & earlier don't display things correctly in VDJ 8. Even experienced skinners are puzzled by it.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 4:24 am
I've had this problem with the skin for a long time now.

I'm using the SP1 skin and the deck controls don't show up, I press the deck 3 and 4 button on my controller then everything goes back to normal.

Wasn't a big or at least I didn't think so but yes this has been happening for a while now......

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 12:54 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I'm using the SP1 skin

The djdad one? Have you mentioned it to him?

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 1:06 pm
Yeah that's the one and no I never mentioned it because I just 2 buttons and everything is fine again. Like I said I didn't think it was a big and deal and it doesn't happen everytime I start VDJ.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 3:06 pm
Since some seem to have random issues with all kind of skins, and doesnt seem to be a single one that creates these issues, i can only think of what i have personally asked since the beginning of the beta session, which is separate entries in the xml for each skin (exactly as it was in version 7.
I have the feeling that these random issues may be related to common names in skins for panels and/or groups

Anyways, imo it doesnt appear to be a regression bug. Its something that we should continue in the Beta thread and not here.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 5:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)