Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: DJDAD MULTI TouchScreen For VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Lads,

Is there anything like DJDAD's MULTI TouchScreen for VDJ8 with Drag and Drop for loading tracks? Also Pitch Bend Buttons seem to be missing from this?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 2:45 pm
Anyone? Is touch drag and drop already in it or am I missing something?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 1:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Drag n drop behavior may be different depending on the MultiTouchTwoFingerScroll setting (OPTIONS). Not something related to a specific skin.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 7:15 pm
try with or without two finger support..
my touchscreen is non-multitouch so twoFinger support dosent help me..

@DJDad, ive fixed this skin to work withing vdj8, is it okay to upload this skin with your credit??
Ive fixed the non working elements in vdj8 including switching between browser and decks screens and few other things too..

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:57 am
Thanks lads I had to switch on touch screen in the settings works great now great skin thanks @djdad

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 2:37 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
try with or without two finger support..
my touchscreen is non-multitouch so twoFinger support dosent help me..

@DJDad, ive fixed this skin to work withing vdj8, is it okay to upload this skin with your credit??
Ive fixed the non working elements in vdj8 including switching between browser and decks screens and few other things too..

Any chance you could send me a copy of this?

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 2:38 pm
rhythmpr wrote :
I had to switch on touch screen in the settings

You could also modify the XML of the skin to add touchscreenmode="true" which would enable it automatically when the skin is selected.

See the default tablet skin.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 2:53 pm
Cheers man I will have a look at that, is there anyway to add some custom buttons or Pitch bend buttons?

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:05 pm
Yeah, if there's room on the skin.

For example, the existing 'fine pitch' +/- buttons could be recoded to work as pitch bend.

Where would you put custom buttons?

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:16 pm
Perfect how would I do that?
I am not sure where I would put the custom buttons I don't want to wreck the skin either maybe I could re-code 2 of the CUE buttons or something.

How do you add buttons anyway out of interest? Just thinking I don't use Videos maybe I could add buttons in there instead?

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:39 pm
Yes you could reuse two cue buttons on each side. Not needing the video makes things easier. There's a lot of space in the area taken up by a screen.

How many custom buttons/knobs would be adequate for your requirements sir? :-)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:06 pm
4/5 per deck would probably for now anyway just trying out the touch screen rather then the controller to see what its like.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:15 pm
OK well you can send me a PM if you'd like some assistance with the changes, and I'll help you with it.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:27 pm
Excellent you are a gent cheers

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:43 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
Ive fixed the non working elements in vdj8

Mark, does that include the mixer VU meters?

The visuals for the meters were listed before the 'mixer' panel, and needed to be moved after the 'mixer' panel.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 6:13 am
FYI djdad did make a VDJ 8 update of this skin, but hasn't uploaded it yet.

See this thread

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 7:40 am
No I didn't look at the vu meters I don't look at them but will look again later..

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)