Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: song progress blinking

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a question

i noticed in a skin (dennyo) that when the track comes to an end , the whole circle ( song progress position ) blinks ( instead like on every other skin only the remaining time blinks)

is this possible to aplly it to any other skin for vdj 8 ?

i need a bigger visual marker that the track is ending ( other than remaining time blink) and on that skin it is very practical.

now some might say ..why dont you use that skin and problem solved ?
well i have my reasons ( waveforms taking up too much space, no multifx..etc)

so is it possible ?

another question : is it possible to make the ddj sx platter leds ( the white ones in the center of the platter that indicate needle position) to blink when the track comes to an end ? that would be a bigger help.

thank you in advance for the answers

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 3:03 am
Yes it's possible to modify another skin to blink the song progress circle.

You could look for the code in the Dennyo skin (search for 'blink') and then change the code in whichever skin you're using.

If you feel that's too complex then (if you state which skin you're using) someone could modify the XML for you and send you a modified ZIP.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 4:28 am
romeodan wrote :

another question : is it possible to make the ddj sx platter leds ( the white ones in the center of the platter that indicate needle position) to blink when the track comes to an end ? that would be a bigger help.

thank you in advance for the answers

No, it's not. I have tried every possible way, but it can't be done. Simply because the firmware does not allow you to control each individual led. It only allows you to specify the position of the leds that need to be turned off.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 3:48 am
If you want to get a visual on your SX jogs that a track is ending, try this:
<map value="LED_JOG_CDJ" action="songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink" />

It will INVERT the jog, similar to blinking the entire jog, but it will retain the rotation position.
You can change the 30000ms (30 seconds) to any value you like.

And if you like it and you want to get funky you can set it like this:
<map value="LED_JOG_CDJ" action="songpos_remain 5000ms ? blink 250ms : songpos_remain 10000ms ? blink 500ms : songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : off" />

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 3:55 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

It will INVERT the jog, similar to blinking the entire jog, but it will retain the rotation position.

do i add it at any place in the ddj sx mapper ?
and it will function on both jogs ?
does it work also in vdj 7.4.1 ?

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:01 am
Yes you need to add it in the mapper and it will only work on version 8 since on version 7 the "LED_JOG_CDJ" element is not declared on the definition.
Actually the "LED_JOG_CDJ" is a "hack" (undocumented feature of the controller) that may go away at any time with a firmware update of the device if Pioneer decides to kill it!

In order to add it to your mapper you can either edit the mapper's xml file directly and add the entire line at the end of the file right before the </mapper> element, or you can do it from within VirtualDj's controllers page.
For the second case go to Config -> Controllers page, select your SX on the top and on the main window scroll all way to the bottom until you have an empty line.
On the empty line on the left part click on the drop down box and select LED_JOG_CDJ
Then on the action box type the code: songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 4:09 am
thank you very much george
i will try it in the afternoon

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 5:51 am
it works perfect !!!

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 3:11 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Any possibility of a visual of the circle on the screen to blink when a song is ending?

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 10:23 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Any possibility of a visual of the circle on the screen to blink when a song is ending?

the only skin that does that ( as far as i know) is by dennyo ( the controller one)

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 3:59 am
Is there any way that could be added in the near future?

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 7:11 am
Added to what? Which skin?

When you say "the circle on the screen", which area do you mean?

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 9:51 am
The circle (red, blue...) outside of the virtual Jog Wheel on the default 4 deck skin.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 10:14 am
I have modified the default 4 deck skin to blink the jogwheel song progress circles from 30s remaining.

Please PM me and I will send it to you.

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:50 am
Congrats on VIP Groovindj! You rock! Thank you!!!

Posted Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 10:43 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
PhantomDeejay wrote :

And if you like it and you want to get funky you can set it like this:
<map value="LED_JOG_CDJ" action="songpos_remain 5000ms ? blink 250ms : songpos_remain 10000ms ? blink 500ms : songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : off" />

I just tested with my DDJ-SX2 - it does not work. Is there any way how to make it work?

Posted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:54 pm
I don't even know if DDJ SX2 has this LED available.
On original DDJ SX it was not documented either, but he have found it when we were supporting the device.
So, you'll have to wait until the official support of DDJ SX2 arrives

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 4:17 pm
how about on the ddj - t1? This keep on getting better and better..

Posted Mon 02 Mar 15 @ 3:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)