Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 11.9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you can assign the NEEDLE SEARCH as ..
play ? nothing : song_pos

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 5:56 pm
Use these:
<map value="NEEDLE_SEARCH_TOUCH" action="param_bigger 0.1 level ? nothing : down ? play ? set 'ntplay' 1 : play : var_equal 'ntplay' 1 ? set 'ntplay' 0 : pause" />
<map value="NEEDLE_SEARCH" action="param_bigger 0.1 level ? nothing : song_pos" />
<map value="SHIFT_NEEDLE_SEARCH_TOUCH" action="down ? play ? set 'ntplay' 1 : play : var_equal 'ntplay' 1 ? set 'ntplay' 0 : pause" />
<map value="SHIFT_NEEDLE_SEARCH" action="song_pos" />

They do a little more than you ask, but I think you'll like them
They are from my personal mapper! :)

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 7:00 pm
Thanks George (PhantomDeejay), Works perfect.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 7:58 pm
About the delayed leds when using VirtualDJ8 for Mac, I was browsing the PioneerDJ Forums this morning, and found this thread:

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203117439-Pioneer-DDJ-SX2-VDJ8-Running-on-a-Mac-OSX-10-9-5-2-4ghz-I7-16gb-1TB-SSD-17-2011-model-

Even though I had previously solved my problem by installing an external USB3 SSD and a fresh copy of Yosemite and VirtualDJ8 on my Mac, I decided I would give the solution presented in post 5 of this thread a try. I completely removed VirtualDJ8 by using AppCleaner, deleted the Documents/VirtualDJ folder (made a backup copy for safety), rebooted and reinstalled a fresh copy of the current VirtualDJ8 install file I had just downloaded from the site. I must admit I was quite surprised to learn that the problem was indeed solved. So it seems the delayed leds problem was not caused by some funny interaction between all the other DJ programs I had concurrently installed on my Mac. The problem was in my VDJ8 installation itself. Go figure...

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 6:13 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to get the SX2 panel select button to switch between Audio and Video Mode using Djdad's PADS - Pioneer DDJ-SX skin.
It's set to change the mixer panel view only, which works great for the standard VDJ 8 skin as the selections are all in the mixer panel.

Thanks

Posted Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 9:35 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djdaveoman wrote :
Hi,

Is there a way to get the SX2 panel select button to switch between Audio and Video Mode using Djdad's PADS - Pioneer DDJ-SX skin.
It's set to change the mixer panel view only, which works great for the standard VDJ 8 skin as the selections are all in the mixer panel.

Thanks
Map your Keyboard to toggle between the tabs/panel.or on the left side top there is a button just mapp it,use other skin that works with it to get the info.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 8:45 pm
asthedj wrote :
djdaveoman wrote :
Hi,

Thanks
Map your Keyboard to toggle between the tabs/panel.or on the left side top there is a button just mapp it,use other skin that works with it to get the info.

The Audio/Mode in the DDJ-SX Pads skin is in an options drop menu on the skin and I cannot seem to find a way to map to it. When I try to select the function using the detect function in mapping its not letting me select it.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 2:32 pm
The thing is, panels like this are named individually in the skin XML code - and can/will be different for each skin.

Say for example the default skin panels are called Tom, Dick, Harry and Bob. The ones in djdad's SX skin may be called Sam, Frank, Arthur and Bill.

You'd need to find out what they're called before you could map them... and it would only work for that skin.

Posted Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 5:34 pm
Ok, Thanks GroovinDj

Posted Sun 23 Aug 15 @ 5:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Oh, i didnt know there was a panel with my name...hehe ..
Try ..
toggle '@$videomode'
If not, post in the Skins forum and will search for that in the xml for you.

Posted Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 10:12 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Now I finally got a ddj sx2 !

My back is broke after years of using the Djm/Cdj 2000 case.

I have a slight problem with jumping back & forward in the song, like jump 4 beats forward/bakwards while playing long intros/outros..
With the Cdjs i mapped them to the forward & reverse search buttons, but on ddjsx2 there isnt any buttons to map them on,, is there already mapped for this or must I make it by my self.

/ F

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 6:28 pm
Just turn "Beats" encoder on FX section to skip 1 beat back/forth, or hold SHIFT first to skip 4 beats.
Finally you can use touchstrip to move inside the song as long as it's volume fader is on 0. If you want to use touchslider while the deck is on air you need hold down SHIFT first.

Posted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 7:25 pm
sirdjPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a question I've had my Pro VDJ license for sometime, updated my VDJ8 when it first came out, however now that I'm trying to use it with my DDJSX2 is asking for a new license or to purchase? as anyone running into this problem? Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 1:42 am
Please make sure you are logged-in

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 5:50 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just turn "Beats" encoder on FX section to skip 1 beat back/forth, or hold SHIFT first to skip 4 beats.
Finally you can use touchstrip to move inside the song as long as it's volume fader is on 0. If you want to use touchslider while the deck is on air you need hold down SHIFT first.

Thank you P

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 6:22 am
sirdjPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please make sure you are logged-in

Hi PhantomDeejay, I was, still the same. I will try again, however do I need to login all the time?
Thanks.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 6:24 am
No, if you don't log-out first.

And when I say log-in, I mean on VirtualDj 8 itself, not on these forums, just to make it clear.
VirtualDj 8 license validates on-line. Therefore you need to log-in once and unless you log-out you don't have to log-in again.

If you are logged in but still you get the 10 minutes warning please post a screenshot of your "licenses" page inside VirtualDj 8.

Thank you!

PS: Also make sure that in VirtualDj 8 you are logged in as "sirdj" and not another user!

Posted Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 6:29 am
does ddj sx2 work with VDJ7. I can't seem to get it to. Updated firmware and installed drivers. Watched youtube videos, still nothing!

Regards,

Balvinder

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 3:50 am
Ok, i just read that SSX 2 is not supported for VDJ7, so I have to use 8. This sucks because my favorite skin is not supported by 8 and no one will update it!

OK on my Imac, the master/cue heaphone mix does not seem to play the master out in my headphones, unless cue is selected for that channel is selected.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Balvinder

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 5:24 am
You need the middle button on, just above the sampler volume slider.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 3:46 pm
84%