Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 12.9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

thanks for pointing that out.

Now I also have not used a monitor for well over 20 years because my mixers have allowed me to split the headphone left and right between the cue and program. Is there any way to do that here? Right now I can hear both on both sides.

Thanks!

Balvinder

Balvinder

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 11:36 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think "splitHeadphones" is the setting you are looking for.

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 9:09 am
Exclusive100 wrote :
my favorite skin is not supported by 8 and no one will update it!

What is your favourite skin? Have you tried contacting the author?

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 10:28 am
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Somehow on my left deck of my DDJ-SX2, my hot cues, slicer pads are not working correctly anymore. I did a version update, earlier today and could be coincidental, but is when I noticed the issues happening.

The hot cues are not sensitive anymore. Also when I was in the auto mix mode and hit one of the hotcues, it advanced to the next song everytime i hit the hot cue. That has since stopped. But the stuttering effect with the pads don't work. IT does with the cue button, just not with the pads.

The roll effect seems to be out of whack also. THe pads don't match up with what's on the screen, they are two pads over to the right if that makes sense. ALso the sensitivity on the pads in this mode doesn't seem to be there. Have to press pretty hard sometims.

I don't update VDJ 8 often, only when I have 2-3 weeks between my events. 2522.1077 is the current build.

Thanks--g

Posted Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 11:52 pm
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
sorry for the above reply. Meant to add it as a new post. Tried to delete it, but would no let me.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 2:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Exclusive100 wrote :
my favorite skin is not supported by 8 and no one will update it!

What is your favourite skin? Have you tried contacting the author?

VideoVision, and yes I did contact the original author and he took the time to reply. Simple said he does not have time to skin anymore.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 6:43 am
I see there are four different versions of that skin - 3, 4, 5 and 6 - made for those versions of VDJ.

I don't doubt that the older ones will use outdated XML commands for VDJ 8, but I would've thought that 6 would be recent enough.

Which one are you using?

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 7:18 pm
fotobro wrote :
Somehow on my left deck of my DDJ-SX2, my hot cues, slicer pads are not working correctly anymore. I did a version update, earlier today and could be coincidental, but is when I noticed the issues happening.

The hot cues are not sensitive anymore. Also when I was in the auto mix mode and hit one of the hotcues, it advanced to the next song everytime i hit the hot cue. That has since stopped. But the stuttering effect with the pads don't work. IT does with the cue button, just not with the pads.

The roll effect seems to be out of whack also. THe pads don't match up with what's on the screen, they are two pads over to the right if that makes sense. ALso the sensitivity on the pads in this mode doesn't seem to be there. Have to press pretty hard sometims.

I don't update VDJ 8 often, only when I have 2-3 weeks between my events. 2522.1077 is the current build.

Thanks--g

Same problem here. I've noted it in the bug forum but nothing yet.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 15 @ 4:53 am
Hello. After reading this topic I still don't understand if SX2 can be used in "external mixer" configuration with virtualdj 8.1. It has only 2 stereo channels witch can be used in master/headphones configuration ? Or it can be used in external mixer with one stereo channel being deck1 and other stereo channel being deck2 (like denon mc6000) ? Thanks.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 6:50 pm
No, the SX2 cannot be used as an external mixer. It has to be set up as master/headphones.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 8:11 pm
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Posted Sun 06 Dec 15 @ 8:26 pm
Is it possible to map the 8 sample pads to various sound effects? Is this not recommended? I don't use Samples.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 10:09 pm
You want to use them as effect on/off buttons? Yes, you can do that. You'd need to modify the default mapping.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 10:37 pm
Gregscot1969 wrote :
Is it possible to map the 8 sample pads to various sound effects? Is this not recommended? I don't use Samples.

If by sound effects you mean noise like "siren", "croud claping" e.t.c. then technically these are samples as well and all you need to do is to create a new sample bank with your favorite ones (you can also add your own)
If you mean that you want to activate sound effects like "flanger", "echo" e.t.c then as Groovin said above you need to modify the mapper. It's not hard to do so.
Open the mappers page in config, locate the sampler pads and replace their current assignment with commands like effect_active 'flanger' or effect_active 'echo' while_pressed

Posted Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 6:45 am
Guys need a little help just got in the Ddj-sx2 and after 10 min it ask me to purchase license but as soon as I select an option the next screen stays blank loading, I have full connection with Internet, I'm using Mac book air... Any thoughts? I tried everything deleting and reinstalling VDJ software not sure y this is happening

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 2:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You have purchased a Plus license for DDJ-SR and another for VCI300. Your Pro subscription is also innactive, so Yes for the DDJ-SX2 to work, you will need to purchase the Plus License for the DDJ-SX2, a Pro Infinity one or re-activate your Pro subscription.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 4:48 am
After hours of going crazy a simple problem, thank u @djdad problem solved...

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 1:29 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Gregscot1969 wrote :

If by sound effects you mean noise like "siren", "croud claping" e.t.c. then technically these are samples as well and all you need to do is to create a new sample bank with your favorite ones (you can also add your own)
If you mean that you want to activate sound effects like "flanger", "echo" e.t.c then as Groovin said above you need to modify the mapper. It's not hard to do so.
Open the mappers page in config, locate the sampler pads and replace their current assignment with commands like effect_active 'flanger' or effect_active 'echo' while_pressed

Just one question. What would the command be for "LoopOut Flange" to be an on/off. I want to press it once and have the song fade.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 16 @ 11:44 pm
Flanged Loop Out is an old plugin that won't work with version 8.

However there's a Loop Out plugin for VirtualDj 8 that you can download and install.
In this case the command to achieve the result you wish would be:
effect_active 'loop out' on & effect_active 'flanger' on

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 7:05 am
I mapped all the effects I wanted to the sample pads. Can you tell me the mapping to give the pad a color when pressed? I keep trying but can't get it right. Thanks! I really appreciate the help.

Posted Fri 22 Jan 16 @ 5:39 pm
91%