Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX2 - Page: 10.9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

michaelton25 wrote :
Hi,
just got the new Pioneer DDJ SX2 get the runs but unfortunately not with VirtualDJ.
Or can I take another mapper. From the normal SX does not go ..
Would be grateful for any help

You don't need ANY mapper. Just use the latest version of VirtualDj 8
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:19 am
Quote :
Hello guys I have a problem with my DDJ SX2, I found out that Serato dj doesn't support AMD processor, and that's the processor I have. Can you guys advice me which software should I use. I downloaded Traktor.

You can try VirtualDj 8 for free http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
It will work for 10 minutes after each time you launch the software but it should be enough to get a picture of how it works.

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:21 am
Quote :
Hello guys I have a problem with my DDJ SX2, I found out that Serato dj doesn't support AMD processor, and that's the processor I have. Can you guys advice me which software should I use. I downloaded Traktor.

Excuse the bluntness of this response, but you idiot! don't come onto a specific DJ softwares forum (VIRTUAL DJ) asking for advice about another software (SERATO or TRAKTOR) and expect us to recommend a piece of software other than VDJ!

use your brain!

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:23 am
Please treat each other with RESPECT!

Thank you!

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:31 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Please treat each other with RESPECT!

Thank you!

Your right, apologies for the bluntness.
Although i notice my post wasn't removed, presume you were thinking the same and possibly laughing at my response.

either way i apologies again!

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:39 am
No, I was not thinking the same. Your post didn't cross the line but it was too close.
We always try to be kind and respectful to all users (that includes you as well)
If you really want to support VirtualDj you would have far more success by instructing the user to try by himself the software and show him a friendly community that he would like to be part of, instead of bashing him!

Thank you! :)

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:43 am
Hi guys, i have been looking for a post like this to ask a few questions regarding my new sx2 that i just bought, two weeks ago. I am intending to buy the month to month license until i get the money to buy the pro infinity one. I am new to djing but i have been using vdj7 home edition for a while and i must admit i love it. The sx2 comes with Serato as everybody knows but i don't intent to keep it, that's why I'm here.
I have never tried the sx2 with vdj cause i learned it won't work with vdj7, so i wanna buy the monthly license to download and start using VDJ8 right away with the sx2, so my questions are:
What are the steps to follow to download it and configure it to make it work smoothly? Will having Serato cause any conflicts between the two programs? Do i have to erase Serato from my laptop? (I don't mind doing it)......or else....do i have to run Serato in the background to make possible for VDJ8 to work with the controller?
I apologize for all these silly questions, any help will be greatly appreciated....and thank you so much in advance for letting me posting and hopefully become part of the VDJ community
Cheers
Juan

I have a Macbook pro, 2013, 2.7 ghz, Intel i7, 8gb Ram

Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 6:43 pm
DJ Sebruko wrote :
Hi guys, i have been looking for a post like this to ask a few questions regarding my new sx2 that i just bought, two weeks ago. I am intending to buy the month to month license until i get the money to buy the pro infinity one. I am new to djing but i have been using vdj7 home edition for a while and i must admit i love it. The sx2 comes with Serato as everybody knows but i don't intent to keep it, that's why I'm here.
I have never tried the sx2 with vdj cause i learned it won't work with vdj7, so i wanna buy the monthly license to download and start using VDJ8 right away with the sx2, so my questions are:
What are the steps to follow to download it and configure it to make it work smoothly? Will having Serato cause any conflicts between the two programs? Do i have to erase Serato from my laptop? (I don't mind doing it)......or else....do i have to run Serato in the background to make possible for VDJ8 to work with the controller?
I apologize for all these silly questions, any help will be greatly appreciated....and thank you so much in advance for letting me posting and hopefully become part of the VDJ community
Cheers
Juan

I have a Macbook pro, 2013, 2.7 ghz, Intel i7, 8gb Ram

Hi, SX2 runs natively and smoothly with VDJ8, not reliant on any other software.
No you don't have to uninstall Serato(No conflicts) (unless you choose too).

Posted Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 2:57 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 7:29 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I used SX2 live yesterday for 12 hours straight on a much less powerful computer. I had no issues at all.
Also you are the only user reporting that leds misbehave. This means that most likely the issue lies on your system.
I would start by using a brand new USB cable (even if you use the one in the box from SX2) and try different USB ports. It may be that the connection of USB is loose.
If you still have this issue then a powered USB hub would be my next try.
If it still fails then we can search for alternative solutions.

I beg to differ. I have reported the same thing several months ago. I will try to find my original post and update when I dig it up. Iainaalpine has also reported the same problem a few posts back.

The problem only happens with VirtualDJ8 for Mac. It doesn't happen with VirtualDJ8 for Windows. I have installed BootCamp and Windows 8.1 Pro for the sole purpose of finding out if the problem was indeed Mac related, as a previous responder to my first post about this subject suggested. On the Mac side, I haven't tried deleting the settings.xml file as suggested above, though, because I was happy to find out that I could use VirtualDJ8 on the Windows side with no problems with my DDJ-SX2.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 12:37 pm

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 4:58 pm
CesarGuimaraes wrote :
On the Mac side, I haven't tried deleting the settings.xml file as suggested above, though

UPDATE: I did it yesterday, and NO, the problem still happens after deleting settings.xml and letting VDJ8 start from scratch on the Mac. It's clear to me that the problem only happens on the Mac version. I will post back if I find anything amiss regarding MIDI configuration.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 10:26 am
CesarGuimaraes wrote :
The problem only happens with VirtualDJ8 for Mac.

I take this statement back. I installed a fresh copy of OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 yesterday on an external disk (SATA to USB3.0 case with a 480GB SSD inside) and found out that VDJ8 for Mac indeed also works flawlessly with the DDJ-SX2.

I suppose the problem was caused by some crazy interaction between all the different software installed on my Macbook Air internal SSD.

So, for any other fellow user experiencing the DDJ-SX2 leds becoming less responsive, I would suggest a clean reinstall of OS X.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 9:47 am
HI guys, I love my sx2 to bits but it keeps freezing on me. Has anyone else experienced this? the software works fine but i loose total control of the decks, fader; everything. i end up having to switch it OFF and ON (which is the last thing you want to do mid-set)... Is there a setting or config i haven't done or is my console faulty? i also have the latest Firmware from Pioneer.
Help please!!

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:11 am
Mac or PC?

We need more info ........

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 5:35 am
Hi,

Yes i experienced this last week.
Keep meaning to post up but need to get which build revision i'm on.

I'm using Windows Laptop.

i7 quad core <can't recall processor spec>, 12Gb Ram, 1.75TB HDD (split over 2 drives)

Symptoms: Halfway through a track the controller stopped responding.
All lights are on the controller and LED's still working when triggered (i.e pads) but no response from VDJ.
Track continues to play and can control software from the laptop with audio still working.

I switched to backup unit (Pacemaker) in RCA on Ch4 (No break in audio, thank God), then reboot VDJ while Pacemaker is running the show and back up and running.
Only happened the once!

Controller stopped about 5 hours into using it.

No crash guard report/logging output anywhere that i could see. (can someone confirm log output)
Has happened once before but that was 5-7 revisions ago.

Will update my build version later tonight.

Cheers

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 8:28 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Mac or PC?

We need more info ........

Am Using a PC, Windows Vista.

Posted Sun 09 Aug 15 @ 11:27 pm
The issue is Vista. It's midi capabilities are not good and that's why the unit will be freezing.

Update to Windows 7 will help greatly!

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 10:15 am
kradcliffe wrote :
The issue is Vista. It's midi capabilities are not good and that's why the unit will be freezing.

Update to Windows 7 will help greatly!

Thank you... Ill def check it out,

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 4:20 pm
Hi, Is there any way to deactivate needle search to prevent accidental search while playing track. Have done it as per sx2 manual, works fine with sdj but not with VDJ.
Thanks

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 5:47 pm
77%