Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: ShowXpress Plugin ........... - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No, it's still on my list and will be released for PC and Mac.

TLC are of course more than welcome to create it themselves, the SDK is publically available and contains all the information they require.

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 12:43 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I read on another post here that the TLC PC version was done, but the Mac version was still in the works. Do you need any beta testers? I have both pc and macs here.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 1:18 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
SBDJ wrote :
TLC are of course more than welcome to create it themselves, the SDK is publically available and contains all the information they require.

Agreed, but they have been busy with their next version too. Which I get about both sides, I know things need to be right before we can add extras on. They previously expressed they might come back to this after they were stable. I think there was some uncertainty on their end about where would be the best resources for the VDJ 8 SDK at the time. Not sure when the Wiki came out, but it has been over a year since I spoke with them. So I don't think the Wiki was up then.

So I have sent this link http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Developers.html to them. But with your experience (previously) and expertise, I was hoping we were much closer with your existing code to just port over to VDJ 8. Maybe it is not that easy... I don't really know... I am truly thankful for your help in the past. It just worked so well with 7 that I was hoping this would not be a huge project.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 11:04 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Why can't this be an open source project instead of VDJ writing them all (which is very much appreciated, and brings value to the product). Put the code up in github and let the community build them with your oversight and approval.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 12:23 am
It is in a way... But code is yours if you write it. They don't have experience on VDJ plugins, so they are working on one thing at a time.

I did hear back from the SX people though. They are still working towards Show Express 8 and will consider visiting this after that is stable. But I sense that is a ways out...

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 8:18 am
This kinda sucks for guy like me. I don't know jack about setting channels on lights or even what there called, lmmfao!!

That's what made this plugin so great, Alls I had to do was grab the lighting file off of the club computer and when I got home set up my scenes with the little 3D app they have. Then when I got back to the club just plug in the box and go!!

I've looked at Freestyler but just didn't understand things so I'm back to launching lighting cues manually all while trying to mix tracks.

I love 8 but the amount of coladirale damage it's caused is painful 😿

And yes I know Scott will come through as always it's just that back in September or around there I thought it would only be a month or so till he released it because he had said soon.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 11:20 am
The PC version is done, I just need to finish off the Mac version. I've had quite a lot on my plate recently and a lot has changed for me over recent months!

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 2:59 pm
We appreciate it Scott. Things get crazy for me too and sometimes I just need me time and family time. I am sure like you, I spend far too much time on DJ stuff or even stuff for other people. This was just a loved plugin because of how simple and stable it was. It was one of the many reasons I did not use VDJ 8 professionally so far. Did my first show with 8 last weekend.

Thanks for all you do man, you are definitely a go to guy. One of these days I need to learn how to code so I can help out! Have any tips where I could get started learning? I am very computer savvy, i just want to avoid learning the wrong things as I only intend to use this knowledge for VDJ plugins.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 3:55 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The PC version is done, I just need to finish off the Mac version. I've had quite a lot on my plate recently and a lot has changed for me over recent months!

Sounds good and can't wait to try it out!! 👍

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 11:16 am
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is there any chance the PC version is out already?

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 7:03 pm
Haven't seen it yet, no sign of anything yet............

Posted Sun 19 Apr 15 @ 8:20 pm
Yea, I have been looking on here and the TLC page (which is where it was posted last time). Sounded like he intended to post after the Mac version was done.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 11:17 am
Correct, Mac version is almost done so aiming to release both at the same time.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 6:03 pm
I would pay or donate for a VDJ8 ShowXpress Plugin... Even more if it works via WiFi for use with two computers (1 for VDJ8 and 1 for ShowXpress)

How much money would it take to get the project done?
Would a GoFundMe or Kickstarter help?

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 10:25 pm
Don't worry about money, and yes it works over a network ;)

Hopefully all things being well and no other emergencies crop up it should be this coming week!

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 5:02 am
SBDJ wrote :
Don't worry about money, and yes it works over a network ;)

Hopefully all things being well and no other emergencies crop up it should be this coming week!

I've had my fingers crossed all week and was hoping to find this uploaded today 😳

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 1:10 pm
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Any new updates on the plugin?

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 10:06 am
C'mon Scott,these guys are desperate...;)

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 5:34 pm
I wouldn't say were desparte, it's just we were told something and it didn't fall through is all.

This is a great example of why Atomix never gives release dates cause when it doesn't get released on said date people are usually unhappy about it.......

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:51 pm
How do you access this, I've installed it and it doesn't appear under the effects list?

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 10:44 am
89%