Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Traktor Kontrol S4
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Discussion about Traktor Kontrol S4

For all those people who own Traktor Kontrol S4's and have been unable to use them with VDJ, well now you can.

everything currently works as expected.

this is only tested in windows and may not work under mac.

to make it work you will need to load up the default S4 layout in the controller editor and set all buttons (including push functions) to gate, and set the turn function on all encoders to relative.

this mapper will only function properly while the S4 is in MIDI mode and the controller editor is running, you can set your S4 to start in MIDI mode in the Controller editor settings.

New in V1.2
fixed order of deck mappings to match controller markings.
added L/R half 3x chained effects sliders to top knobs.
added full 3x chained effects sliders to top knobs.

Added in V1.2.1
small bugfix to allow vdjscript functions such as holding to work on buttons and encoder push.
also fixed a small bug where if jogwheel is depressed while moving the track fails to resume playback until the jogwheel is pressed again.
props to Synthet1c for the idea of chaining effects

updated to fix problem where effects knobs were causing VDJ to lag when moved

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 5:33 pm
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
installed it, but no file added to mappers folder and not showing in list in vdj. any ideas why? can i get just the mapper file somewhere?

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 12:51 pm
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
OK, so I just noticed that when I ran the install, it put the XML file in the devices folder, not the mappers folder. Am I supposed to add it as a device or something? Guess I don't understand the difference between devices and mappers.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 1:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I added a 3rd button to directly download a zip file. Unzip the file and place the mapping.xml file into the /VirtualDJ/Mappers folder and the other file into the /VirtualDJ/Devices folder.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:00 pm
hello, I downloaded the file, entered the file and place the file into the mapping.xml / VirtualDJ / Mappers folder and the other files into the / VirtualDJ / Devices folder; but the controller still does not work ... VDJ does not recognize it as a device ...

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 4:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
ah i see now. The detection of the unit in definition is based on the drivername, which is not the case with version 8 anymore. It requires a vid/pid. I ll block the mapping for now and let the author find a way to properly detect the unit (could be hard in MIDI though).

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 10:54 pm