Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Video Screen Background

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys do we have a plugin that I can create a show logo background in the video out screen? I'm thinking of it as a background image that MP3+Gs and MP4s play on top of. This way when a karaoke song is over, while changing singers, your logo would be displayed, instead of a blank screen and without having to click an effects button after each singer. So far the plugins I find play on top of the vids. Any suggestions?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:25 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could use the backdrop or slideshow plugin as the video plugin for audio files?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:34 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You could use the backdrop or slideshow plugin as the video plugin for audio files?

Hey SBDJ, yes you could for audio files. But backdrop and showlogo both run on top of videos so you have to keep turning them on and off. I don't know about slideshow cause I can't get it to read any of my PNG or JPG files. I just think it would be advantageous to have a background on the video out screen that you don't have to turn on and off before and after each vid or karaoke song. And understand I'm not a programmer and do not understand the complexities of doing this, but I bet they're pretty complex.;-)

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 6:26 am
If you use a visualisation plugin for audio files then any time a video file is not playing (and video crossfaded to) then the plugin would be displayed automatically. The effect of this is that the plugin wouldn't be on top of the video/karaoke - it would appear when you crossfade away to a non-video/karaoke deck.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 8:18 am
SBDJ wrote :
If you use a visualisation plugin for audio files then any time a video file is not playing (and video crossfaded to) then the plugin would be displayed automatically. The effect of this is that the plugin wouldn't be on top of the video/karaoke - it would appear when you crossfade away to a non-video/karaoke deck.

Yes we can do that, or click backdrop if ya have it set up. But that's another movement to keep track of. It's no big deal SBDJ, I just thought it would be neat and convenient if our vid screen had a background, like our desktop.:-)

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 6:02 am
Yes - but how would you dictate when this 'background' was displayed? There must be criteria right?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 8:32 am
SBDJ wrote :
Yes - but how would you dictate when this 'background' was displayed? There must be criteria right?

SBDJ think of it as our computers. We all have a desktop image of our choice. An image that we can change if we choose. All of the various programs we run, i.e., VDJ, Word, Google, Youtube, all run on top of the desktop. But when we close all those programs, the desktop appears and is always there in the background. My thoughts are that when a song ends, whether it be karaoke or a vid, the background image appears without clicking on any button. I get busy, very busy at some gigs, and to have to remember to click to display the background image between songs is added load on me. But again I say it's not a big deal, I just thought it would be convenient. As an example, here is one of my images I use at times that would be nice if it popped up between karaoke songs, or if I happen to be out busy in the crowd and the vid ends before I get back to mix in the next one. Just better than a blank screen.:-)

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 10:59 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not sure if it will help you (I didn't read the complete thread) but did you check these options already?

karaokeBackgroundMusic
karaokeBackgroundImage
karaokeBackgroundVolume

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 6:37 am
Yes that does work with karaoke running background music! Maybe I'll just shut up and be happy with that.:-)

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 8:05 am
Please help! I am the AV guy at my church and recently have been experimenting with VDJ 8 during a Saturday night contemporary service that is music video driven. I am looking for a way to plug in video logos and videos that can be used as fillers or (curtains as they are called on other software) this would also include bible verse (images or videos) and they would need to continuously loop. Any help would be appreciated

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 4:10 am
Use "SlideShow" as a Audio Only Visualization. And then direct VDJ to read that the folder where all the logos and stuff are.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 4:20 am
.....or you could put the clips onto the sample pads and play them from there. They can be set to loop or play once.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 11:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)