Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 - 4 Decks Swap - Pads version - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 12:20 pm
DJLokkePRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello, i would like to do the following mapping within the skin for the DDJ-SX, but i don´t know how to do it.

FX1_Tap = 2 Deck Modus
FX2_Tab = 4 Deck Modus
FX1_3_on = Browser Normal
FX2_3_on = Browser Large

Could someone help me?
Thomas

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 12:55 am
The FX1_3 On and FX2_3 On buttons are used to trigger effect slot 3 in MultiFX mode (Multi and Single FX mode is toggled via SHIFT+FX_TAP)
You dont use that mode at all ?

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:03 am
DJLokkePRO InfinityMember since 2012
djdad wrote :
The FX1_3 On and FX2_3 On buttons are used to trigger effect slot 3 in MultiFX mode (Multi and Single FX mode is toggled via SHIFT+FX_TAP)

Hi, i know, but due to the fact that is not possible ( i think) to switch an effect on these "ports" i didn´t use it. If i am right i could only "search" on the first effect with my controller ... right?
(Hope you understand what i mean)

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 6:16 am
How do I get rid of the lines in the browser?

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 7:02 am
DJLokke wrote :
djdad wrote :

Hi, i know, but due to the fact that is not possible ( i think) to switch an effect on these "ports" i didn´t use it. If i am right i could only "search" on the first effect with my controller ... right?
(Hope you understand what i mean)

In MultiFX mode , SHIFT+FX1ON, SHIFT+FX2ON, SHIFT+FX3ON should select the next effect for each slot

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:38 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
How do I get rid of the lines in the browser?

You mean the stripes ? You will need to replace the <browser> with a custom one. We will have the wiki page ready soon, just a few details are left.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:40 pm
WHAT!?!?

So your telling me that the only way I can get rid of the stripes (it's on every other track) is to create a custom browser?!?

Why would they make it like that, makes no sense to me. And yeah I know this is trival to some people but I also don't set my laptop right in front of me when I play. It's hard to see which track I'm on at a glance and it's even harder to see if I have a track that selected that has one of those stripes on it..........

I don't even see what purpose they even serve to begin with??

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:30 pm
It's simpler than creating a custom browser.

The bare bones browser is what you get when you just make the <browser> statement in the skin XML, but you can mod the colour scheme by adding
extra code. There you can specify exactly what colours you want all the lines, highlighting etc.

See how I changed mine in the blue thread

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:34 pm
Hi DJ Dad, as per all the other users who have already said thanks and good job with all the skins you have been developing for us...will we likely see a button for 'Sandbox' on any of the new 8.0 skins e.g DDJ-SX in the near future? I believe for me this is the only option currently missing which I would like to experiment with without having to swap back to the VDJ 8 skins.

Many thanks in advance.

DJ Ricky Gold

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 4:48 pm
Yes, for the controllers that work with Master+Headphones (DDJ-SR, DDJ-SX, TM8 etc), it makes sense to have Sandbox. Will add.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 9:55 am
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi Dj Dad, have you any plans to add the, 2 decks mode to the DDJ-SR skin

thanks aubs

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 2:28 pm
Yes, but i ll wait for the updated native files first. We are about to offer support for the PAD PLUS mode (in Serato mode). Just a few details are left to be sorted. Soon.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 3:50 pm
hi there, thanks for the reply regarding waveforms, another question is, how do i stop the new v8 pads skin from jumping to sample mode (on the right of the screen) when pressing the sample button on the controller? i dont need it do this as it states the sample name in the pad section

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:38 pm
That has to do with the controller's mapping , not the skin. Which controller is that ?

Btw, since i am about to offer various versions of this skin, perhaps it would be best to have individual threads for them. hmm.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 7:08 pm
oh ok. no worries then, yeah probably a good idea :-)

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 1:29 pm
i use a ddj-sx

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 1:32 pm
Hi djdad,
I know, you got less time, but some good news about the DDJ-SP1?

BTW: in the default mapping for the DDJ-SP1it seems that the LOOP_ENC_PUSH doesn't work (Mac beta build 1878.719)
this action is out of the factory default mapper:
var 'padmode' 3 ? sampler_loop : var 'padmode' 7 ? sampler_loop : loop
I'm not able to activate/deactivate loop by pushing the loop_enc....
Can somebody check this?

thanks
Music234

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 2:13 pm
Hi,

Firstly I'm using the DDJ-SX version of this skin and I love it, but I just have one request.

Can you allow the loading of a track from anywhere on the deck as you drag it, for example in the default skin (and V7) you can drag the song pretty much anywhere over the deck section and it will load, however, in this skin, you can only drag it to the info bar with the title/artist, BPM, etc.

Not a major issue, however I'm used to being able to drag anywhere and having it load, would be helpful if you could, or if you could PM me the way to do it myself, that would be awesome too!

Thanks mate.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 8:37 pm
Yeah can do that.. i was a bit lazy to adjust the dropzones.. :) Added a note for the next skin update. Will let u know. Not easy to provide instructions.. too many different cases (panels)..not just one or two ;)

btw, DDJ-SP1 is on the way along with a slightly updated default mapper. Just one last thing to sort out (saved loops). Hopefully mid of next week.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 3:33 am
63%