Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 - 4 Decks Swap - Pads version - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well not sure if you can see it, but when I set a HOT CUE I line the scratch wave up with the rythum waves white line but the HOT CUE, line is in front of it.

And heres my skin,

Hope that makes sense??

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 7:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Thats a known bug in the rhythmzone view. The "real" one is what the scratchwave shows. Again, its something that has been left from version 8 there, not related to any skin, and not sure if this will be fixed anytime soon.
Most likely, its the scratchwave that will be updated to offer proper grid and cue names (already offers cue points), so we will probably say bye bye to rhtyhmzone soon.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:02 pm
Ok cool and about time they ditch the Rythumwave (if they do), lol!!

And you said they'll be updating the SP1 mapping, so does this mean when I do a loop roll the video will roll as well?? Also when it comes to the skins are you going to have it reflect all the shift functions as well to??

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 7:54 am
The behavior of the offered Loop Roll actions cant be changed from the mappers or skins.
For now, we will have to choose between the Loop roll effect which shows where to exit on the waveform but doesnt affect video, and the loop_roll_mode and normal loop actions where the video is also looped but you cant have Wet/Dry and you cant see where to exit, as the waveoform doesnt go on.
Most of the default mappers use the Loop Roll effect, which i believe it would be the best to have (as not all play video), and hopefully the video roll will be supported soon.

Yes, the DDJ-SP1 will also show the SHIFt functions as all the others do, and will show on the skin everything the controller offers.

I am currently working on the NS7II skin variation though, so u will have to wait a bit longer ;)

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 4:30 pm
But who is watching the wave when doing a loop roll?? I just don't believe people are doing that (well maybe newbies). Haha, if I ever catch someone I'm calling them out, lmao!!
As for the wet/dry this is where you'd just throw some echo on it and your ears will tell you where to exit at, lol!

I guess I'll just have to conform to the so called norm.....

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 7:51 pm
Its an off-topic discussion, but since its my thread, who cares ? lol

Well, I am an old-school dj too, and i trust my ears more than my eyes, but the benefit of using a dj software is to get all the info you need, whenever u need. So, i find the visual of the Loop roll effect, where it shows the song running while the roll is enabled very useful , as some sort of a "security" . So even if you know where to exit, as you already know the song and know how to count (hopefully lol), the visual is useful to have.

FYI, the Team will definitely update lots of things regarding Loop Roll, Slicer and Scratchwaves, so we will have a much better appearance of the waveforms with all the necessary information, similar to what other competitor softwares offer, but guess what.. we need to wait :)

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 9:56 pm
Haha, alright, alright bro just giving ya some static, lol!!

You do great work and have always helped me out a ton and I trust your judgement 100%!

Thanks for the time and info and I didn't mean to hijack your thread ;-)

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 11:45 pm
Hi Djdad
We are waiting for the skin NS7II
you're doing great work, you have all our esteem

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 3:05 am
Thanks for the Reloop Terminal 8 Skin, works perfect

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 5:51 am
hi all, sorry if this question has already been asked, ive just installed the ddj-sx skin for version 8 (pads) im wondering how i change to waveforms to inverted? i have looked at the options list and cant find anything?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 2:41 pm
Is that what u mean ?

Its the grey button on the top (WAVES)

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 4:49 pm
no mate i am trying to get the waves like this

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:16 am
p.s, i also miss the rotary knobs for the gains in video mode in your v8 sx skin

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 4:27 am
djdad wrote :
Is that what u mean ?

Its the grey button on the top (WAVES)

Hmmmm.... i was expecting this

That was how a lot of us used the waves before on v7

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 3:03 pm
This is not a feature a skinner can add to any skin, as its deprecated. It has been already requested to have it back, in the Bugs report forum, so its up to the Dev Team to make it happen.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 5:39 pm
djdad wrote :
This is not a feature a skinner can add to any skin, as its deprecated. It has been already requested to have it back, in the Bugs report forum, so its up to the Dev Team to make it happen.

Thank you for let us know DjDad !!!

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 7:33 am
Any word on a DDJSP1 skin and updated mapper?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 4:35 pm
Hi!

Thanks for the great skin!
Could you create one with the pads with the Hercules RMX 2 order? (Loop, effects, sampler, cue?)
is there an easy way for someone with very limited skills to do it?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:14 pm
RobGoossens wrote :

Could you create one with the pads with the Hercules RMX 2 order? (Loop, effects, sampler, cue?)

Yes. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Thanks & greets

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:25 pm
I was wondering if anyone could help me with your ddj-sx skin.

On the other pioneer ddj sx skin in vdj7 i changed the hot cues 9-16 to effects, but i have looked through the code and it doesnt seem to be as easy on virtual dj 8, could you please help and me and let me know what i need to change?

Also once i get that sorted i was hoping to use the left and right on the controller to scroll through cues, when on the cues pad/tab (example 1-8, 9-16, 17-24 etc) and on effects pads selection to allow more than 8 effects, like you use the left and right to change loop sizes to give more options.
I would appreciate any help regarding this.
I have posted this on the vdj forum as well and hopefully get a solution.

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 2:24 am
48%