Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: post fader FX - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

try with this effect: echo doppler

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 10:08 pm
but once you load another track it cuts off....

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
but once you load another track it cuts off....

Even if you set "resetFXOnLoad" to off (or no)?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 3:18 am
webedgePRO InfinityMember since 2010
not for me it doesnt, just double checked and it keeps echoing after i load another track on the same deck as the fx. .... i used echodoppler

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 7:55 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Keeps going for me too with FX reset set to off.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 10:44 am
Im gonna do a video since no one seems to understand th advantange of post fader effect in your mix. And why i say it cuts off .

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 11:58 am

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 11:59 am
Echo Doppler.............. or use an external mixer with onboard effects.

As much as I hate saying it, we probably aren't going to see post fader effects with VDJ anytime soon. This was a complete rewrite and they didn't get added plus the fact that our effects our user based. I really don't see it happening.

All these work arounds just won't cut it for my since 90% of my gigs are video which is why I went with a mixer that has its own effects.......

Good Luck.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 12:10 pm

The only thing that is different with VDJ's echo is once you turn it off you WILL loose the tail so your gonna have to be creative in how you mix in the next track.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:27 pm
XXX you're becoming tiresome you're obviously not trying the things people are recommending, the style of echo out on your video is possible
Effects are post gain, use the gain like an up fader
method 1 & 2 are on the same deck method 3 clones to an invisible deck

Method 1, Mutes the gain of the track, loads a new track, Prime it anytime press when you want it, include a command in the play next track script to turn it off
https://www.dropbox.com/s/phbtx0wnng740s3/Postfader.mp3

Method 2 Stops the track, loads a new track, has the echo on the fader when the fader hits 0% it can be scripted off and the new track fader starts, Prime it, press when you want it. Fade it down and fader start.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6uhw3x2luuk3ds/Postfader2.mp3

Method 3, one press Clones the deck to an invisible deck, and loads a new track on the old deck, 2nd press stops the invisible deck and starts the echo,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4utbvabkgfalf0/Postfader3.mp3

They sound a bit rough because (I chose tracks at random) these are on my experimental keyboard mapping that isn't set for performance, If I had a controller and licence I'd use the volume effect constantly and map my up faders to that instead of the VDJ's mixer faders

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 2:34 pm
The methods using fader will not work for my as i dont map my mixer section. The faders and eqs i use my actual mixer. So mapping to faders is not what i want. Also i want the effect with out the loading of the next track, ill do that for the chance that i mistake the next track.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 8:15 pm
So you want effects post a fader external to VDJ, if your gains are mapped to the V8 mixer use them.
I'm not even going to bother putting a mapping up because you won't try it.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 8:52 pm
Nothing in my mixer section will ever be mapped to VDJ on my mixer when using timecode, no dj software crossfader is good for the scratch dj..plus puttin an innofader in my m70. So i just want a button push for the effect alone...no auto loading, or fader manipulations.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 9:08 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Nothing in my mixer section will ever be mapped to VDJ on my mixer when using timecode, no dj software crossfader is good for the scratch dj..plus puttin an innofader in my m70. So i just want a button push for the effect alone...no auto loading, or fader manipulations.

I agreed i feel the same way.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:54 am
Hi,I wanted to use post fader FX, but not for transitions between tracks, I simply like to scratch with post fader FX, for ex: scratch/crossfadercut a stab,a orbit,a flare,and the post fader FX cycling/echoing the scratch I just did.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 1:56 pm
I tried every step you described locodog,downloaded volume plug in(mac), ONINIT command,Volume slider on scs1m, but still can't have the post fader effect,I wanted to scratch and cut,and have the post fader echo of the sample I just scratched/cutted... HELP!

for ex: playing 2 decks ,1 (music) & 2 (scratch samples), on deck 2 I scratch a chirp, the deck 2 ECHO fx will "repeat" not a chirp, but a baby scratch,because the FX does not "ear" the crossfader cut, I can do this using the Master Echo FX but this way I am also Echoing deck 1,I just want to echo deck 2... is this possible??

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 9:55 am
I'm a bit lost since it's been a while since I've worked on this.
It all depends on your hardware because there are a few ways that what you want could be done IF (a big if) the fader you are manipulating is controlling VDJ

What's your set up (hardware/Audio config) and what's your crossfader curve type (I'm assuming you use a controller and take a single stereo out from your laptop/AudioInterface to an amp)

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 11:00 am
I use a stanton scs1m mixer and scs1d deck on a macbook, routing/mixing is all internal,crossfader to scratch mode.
the post fader effect mode must "listen" to the crossfader cutting the track, and repeat only the cutted sample.
try scratching with the master echo fx @ 1beat or 2 beats and scratch a baby,listen to the echo,then scratch a chirp,listen to the diferent echo(that would be post fader fx!), but then if another track is playing the effect also echoes the music playing, now if the master fx would only focus/echoed on the deck I am scratching, maybe a script editing the master fx?

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 12:54 pm
No master FX is just that (master/everything)

I've got an idea that if you link the HW crossfader to deck 1 volume effect (inverted) and to deck 2 volume effect (normal way round), and also delink the skin crossfader's action away from actually SW crossfading, then you have PF echo,
1 button turns it all on, the same button again makes everything normal.

BUT I've only just started thinking about this idea and I've got a lot of things to try. I'll post when I have something.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 2:28 pm
I'm testing sort of blind because with keyboard only things aren't quite as clear.

Add this to a button, this will set it up on deck 1, 1 press for on 1 press for off
deck 1 effect_active 'volume' & deck 2 effect_active 'volume' & deck 1 effect_active 'echo' & deck 1 effect_show_gui 'volume' & deck 2 effect_show_gui 'volume'

Change your crossfader mapping to this
deck 1 effect active 'volume' ? crossfader & param_smaller 2% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% : param_bigger 98% ? deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 0% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 100% : deck 1 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% & deck 2 effect_slider 'volume' 1 95% : crossfader

I'm not 100% that this is exactly right, this is proof of concept, there'll be more to work out.
I need to know If you
have the HW CF fully left, is deck 1 vol effect 100% and deck 2 vol effect 0%?
have the HW CF fully right, is deck 1 vol effect 0% and deck 2 vol effect 100%?
have the HW CF neither full left or right, is deck 1 vol effect 95% and deck 2 vol effect 95%?

Also report anything else you note.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 4:01 pm
23%