Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VIRTUAL REALITY

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi VDJ family: I had some thoughts I wanted to share with the VDJ community. As many of us "licensed pro users" probably have seen around and about in clubs or mobile DJ's, I have found a lot of these users, using the home "free" version (The unlicensed version) in their venues.
It concerned me to see this, I know the free version is limited to an extent..but according to my understanding of the ULA (User License Agreement) I thought the free version was to be used for Home Use only and not as for professional use.
I guess I'm just a "old relic" to a point..and play by the rules..I thought that "hey these clubs are making money", wonder why they wouldn't invest in the pro version instead of trying to get by with the free one?? Oh well, this was just a thought I wanted to share. Have a great weekend. Jeff :)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 1:16 am
why would they not buy the full version , sad really , their venue is reliant on it !

and lets face it , VDJ cheaper than office, and much cheaper than other niche software programs, my Epos licensing at work is over £400 per terminal, VDJ is cheap for such a complex piece of software.

clubs that are charging entry and not following the licensing rules should be named and shamed lol

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 9:27 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
lol you have no idea how crooked the nightclub scene is.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:05 pm
What does the owner have to do with Upgrading to a pro version ? . That's a Djs responsibility, Not the owner.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Like hell, you're saying every dj has to have a licence to use software ? A licence per premise is sufficient.

A eula only applies to the person who clicks 'agree'

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 6:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Look, get real guys, it's human nature to want and get things for free, it's the getting caught bit that puts people off, not the damn illicict software going belly up mid sentence in a show, because lets face it a competent dj can cover his cock ups and you all can do them, except me of course. What they don't or can't afford to "realise" is that a legit version will take that stress away from their evening.

Until venue owners and their preferred dj's accept this fact, it is going to crop up in your professional life on a regular basis, don't you stress about it... take the higher ground.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 8:15 pm
My favorite is the bar installs 100 000 sound system and then Im trying to set it all up and the dj comes in and hooks in his laptop with virtual dj free. I almost pee my pants... Im laughing so hard I walked away from the dj.. Its not funny when I know this guy is playing music on cruise control and collecting a pay check..The bar manager fixed the issue when I said I cant set it up due to the fact that there is no controller. I get its country but really..

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 9:10 pm
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
The clubs I dj at use cdj's and its the dj's responsibility to bring their own gear if using digital software. I paid for the pro version myself since I really think it's worth it with the ability to download the skins and plugins it makes it better. I did use the version that came with my controller for a short time. It was limited like the free version but was not the free version as it came with my hardware. Even gave me a cost break by having that license when upgrading to pro, so that was good. But I see the same, especially when the DJ doesn't use a controller they use the free version.
Free is great for home use but IMO if you want to club DJ you need a controller and the pro version, it's so much more powerful with that combo then just the free home use version

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 10:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)