Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 8 vs Serato! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The problem is that different effects do different things, and you can't just have "amount" and "wet/dry" to cover all types of effect.

Novation came up with a solution called Automap for their controllers, to overcome the issue of controlling a multitude of FX types with one set of controls. It's loved and hated equally, but it does the job.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
Justify it how you want, fact is people who are using the other software seem to be doing just fine with only an amount and wet/dry......... Im sure you know how to use Youtube??

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:15 pm
aajlivePRO InfinityMember since 2014
I use the mxr14 and mxr10! Awesome sound from the mixer and VDJ! Serato users make a big fuss over certain features but we can't help it if you want to be stuck! Evolve people there are bigger and better things out there like virtual DJ!! Ha Ha!!

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:17 am
aajlivePRO InfinityMember since 2014
oh yeah and as far as adjusting the effects go, my American audio radius 3000's does just fine! At the end of the day "accommodate yourself"!! Make it happen captain!!

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 7:22 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
visionz5 wrote :
Had a nice scratch session last night with a friend of mine. He brought his SSL (SL2 box) kit over, and we have identical spec laptops. Both using tech 1200's, except he's using a Rane mixer and I was using my MXR 14.

Went back and forth with the same exact songs, and VDJ8 sounded ridiculously better than SSL. It's literally like night and day now between the two. Anyone who says SSL souds better than VDJ is smoking crack and obviously tone deaf.

The test would have been valid if you used the laptop with vdj installed, then installed ssl(since it it free) on the same machine. Then used that 1 laptop to output to the rane mixer + sl2 box and test using both softwares. Then use the same laptop and repeat the process with the MXR 14 + sl2 box.

The test you did was fraudulent to yourself and your friend, you cannot test to two different mixers then say one product sounded better than the other.

I have both software's - and there is no noticeable difference between vdj 8 + ssl - none.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:45 pm
xgl_dj wrote :

I have both software's - and there is no noticeable difference between vdj 8 + ssl - none.

That is definite improvement, where as before VDJ couldn't hold a candle to SSL. (so I had been told)
Getting the itch for proper turntables and mixer.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 9:02 am
Been trying to make Serato work for a buddy and keep hearing myself say "But when I use Virtual DJ...." Only thing keeping me from converting him is finding a way to import/use his cuepoints.... hell I'd code the converter if there was specs on how to decipher the cuepoints out of the ID3 tags that Serato sets!

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 9:41 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've heard this one before.

The reply I've got:
Cue points are are easy to set... even on the fly you can do it.

But just like myself, when I say Cue points, I mean the beat-gridding and loop points as well.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 11:20 pm
There is a new version of record buddy coming out for windows and Mac that is not just for rekordbox and traktor that might be the answer

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:33 am
peterGPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Does Virtual DJ 8 work thru Serato soundcards?

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 4:29 pm
Yes.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 4:51 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
peterG wrote :
Does Virtual DJ 8 work thru Serato soundcards?

It depends on a few things:
What OS you are using.
What model soundcard[sl1,sl2,sl3.....]
What version serato drivers you are using.
What playback mode you are using it for? Example simple playback or timecode playback?

Example:
The sl1 does not work for timecodes with vdj on a mac.
The sl1 does not work with vdj timecodes on windows(if the newest drivers installed) - the older 1.9X drivers work though..

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 8:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)