Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 8 vs Serato! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Had a nice scratch session last night with a friend of mine. He brought his SSL (SL2 box) kit over, and we have identical spec laptops. Both using tech 1200's, except he's using a Rane mixer and I was using my MXR 14.

Went back and forth with the same exact songs, and VDJ8 sounded ridiculously better than SSL. It's literally like night and day now between the two. Anyone who says SSL souds better than VDJ is smoking crack and obviously tone deaf.

Oh, and btw....I convinced him to buy VDJ Pro and get rid of that dinosaur of a software he has. He's just hoping he'll be able to map his Rane to his liking.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:28 am
Nice!! Very very nice!!

Can't argue with a like for like comparison like that!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:35 am
The sound from an MXR14 was better than that from a Rane?

Now I am surprised!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:37 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
his sound was from an SL-2 and we all know those specs, american audio uses a clever marketing term dsp d core and then hides the specs so you can't find them. Anyway its good to know he's getting awesome sound.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 7:46 am
@visionz5

Nice stuff! And v8 sound is awesome, not surprised it sounds damn good at the MXR14

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:09 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
American Audio often gets a slating for being cheap, but the MX ain't a bad bit of kit. I suspect the soundcard inside will be based on the same chipset as the VMS4.1, and the sound has never been a issue on mine. I did a gig the other week working side by side with my boss and his laptop - he runs VDJ through a Gigaport USB card into 2 channels of an external mixer, I was running the master out of my VMS into the same mixer. Guess who had the clearer sound? *smug face*

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:48 pm
nice! yes,it's the first thing that grabs you about this update (upgrade more like it )...is the crispy clean sound...

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:24 pm
:)

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:04 pm
Wait a minute. Member since 2003 is new. And is showing my age. I'm an old VDJ er.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Congrats Visionz5 !

We should introduce a reward system for how many people we manage to convert ;-)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:38 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
vantinedj wrote :
Wait a minute. Member since 2003 is new. And is showing my age. I'm an old VDJ er.

Damn, I use to spin some stoneplates ;-)

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:39 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I think we should change the title of this thread. "Suck it Serato" only fuels a fire built on negativity. We're better than this. The view is always nicer when you're looking down from the high ground.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 10:05 am
Agreed

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 1:02 pm
yea 8 is definitely up there with SSL or TPS2 it makes itch look like a joke, I also use the 10 MXR however i have 2 im thinking of what to do with it, been messing with since 5 happy with the progression

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:08 pm
Sound quality is much better

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 11:05 am
Still lacking in the effects area though............. I mean dang even that iphone app DJAY has teamed up with SugarBytes and some killer effects!!

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 1:47 pm
bt dey nt gt da VSTs lyk we gt.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 2:07 pm
AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003
groovindj wrote :
bt dey nt gt da VSTs lyk we gt.

Are you saying the other guys don't support VST plugins? I did not know that.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
You didn't know?

Yes, the "big two" (Serato and Traktor) don't have VST support. The users get what they're given.

Searto DJ does now have "Expansion Packs" though, which users have to purchase.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 3:26 pm
Yes Groovin you have said the VST's are supported like a BILLION times already!! We get it!! My problem with VST's is the same problem I have with VDJ effects, there is no standard when it comes to making them!!

The standard is (and I use the term "standard" loosely) an amount knob for every effects (most programs use 3 and you'll see this on MOST controllers) and then a wet/dry knob that covers all 3.

And yeah I know its not my software and they do what they like.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 4:08 pm
63%