Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

No. not at present.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
OT [ish]
kradcliffe wrote :
I don't agree with that. I paid $299 for software to do the job for me.

dangerous argument, you could as easily say I don't want to learn beating matching, song structure any other intrinsic part of the craft.
djing can be a long road with many directions to learn something new.

I paid for my satnav to direct me from a to b, but I put a bit of effort in to find a good sandwich shop along the route.

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 5:40 am
To get back to the topic of this thread I'd like to add my idea to this wishlist here:

In the browser you can get the position of the prelisten song with 'prelisten_pos'. But the range of the return value is 0..1. I'm looking for a function which returns the pelisten song position in "hh:mm:ss" format.

I tried something like format="`prelisten_pos & param_multiply get browsed_song length`" or something like that - but it doesn't work.

So this would be cool to have an option to format the position of the prelisten song to format hh:mm:ss

Posted Thu 09 Mar 17 @ 6:43 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Hello Staff.

I would like to add show bitrate for audio from video file !!
As it is now, it only shows video bitrate from the video file and not the audio from the same file.

Posted Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 5:35 am
hennezPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have an idea which i know from data management systems: Show me the playlists (or folders, virtual folders, or history) in which playlists (or, or, or...) this song (file) is in use.

For example: I select the Song "AC/DC - Highway to hell" - right click - song is in use in... - list of playlists, folders, virtual folders, history.

Alternative: separate window opens which contains the list mentioned before.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 6:09 pm
I would love to see a feature allowing to add a song to one of existing playlist from context menu (rekordbox style).

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 2:26 am
music234 wrote :

........................ everybody should be able to copy and paste things like this on a custom-button.

Is it me, am I missing something? I can't paste the script posted above in the custom key editor. I'm using a boot camped MBP, can't paste on Mac or PC.

Strangely, I can copy and paste from another custom button.

***Edit***
Managed to do it in 2 chunks. Must be a character limit.

Posted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 12:57 pm
this is a simple one..

use , to separate between digits.. example: 112,648 files. for obvious reasons.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 3:01 pm
Auto-rating based on how many times a track is played

Posted Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 9:35 pm
Ability to sort 2 or more columns. Like i click BPM and its sorted hold control/whatever it is on mac, then click key Columns and its sorted.

Posted Sun 18 Jun 17 @ 1:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's already sorting by the 2 last columns you clicked

Posted Sun 18 Jun 17 @ 2:30 pm
option to auto fill in missing info from discogs and write to file.

bulk file operation.

Posted Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 3:00 am
I'd appreciate being able to expand/collapse folders with the left/right arrow keys.

Posted Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 1:07 am
Malice DaMeanest wrote :
I'd appreciate being able to expand/collapse folders with the left/right arrow keys.

+1

Posted Sun 25 Jun 17 @ 1:27 am
I propose to expand the function of the browser!
I'm very uncomfortable that the track from the playlist or from the folder itself in the built-in browser of the program can not be dragged anywhere (to another player, for example, to the desktop or player aimp), ie, from other players, the files are easily transferred to the deck, and vice versa no :(

Proposal 2:
Why do I edit the track tag only in a separate window?
It would be very cool when a track or a whole group of tracks (with one artist) could be edited straight in the browser! (Strike the stars of the rating, change the name, artist, genre of the track, etc.). After all, you agree, it takes a lot of time to edit the names and things in the track, because you constantly go to the editing window of ONE track ...

If my plea is heard, will be a HUGE advantage in this program. It is also visible that the guys of the developers have tried so hard, thanks to them!

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 2:34 am
#2 it is possible to edit several tracks tags all at once, shift+click, ctrl+click or even ctrl+shift+click to select several files and open the tag editor.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 5:07 am
ability to add a windows folder to the sampler library as a sampler bank.

just drag and drop these folders from windows folder to the sampler folder to create sampler banks "drums" and "drums2" and "drums3" each containing songs from their respective windows folder.
e:\loops\drums
e:\loops\drums2
e:\loops\drums3

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 6:25 pm
grenno wrote :
Set ratings in Browser

Instead of having to change the rating by opening the individual tag for each track, being able to set the track rating directly from the browser (similar to windows media player) would be an absolute game changer. Allowing you to set tracks as you play them. Or go through an entire folder in a fraction of the time.

Yes!, this is one of the most painful gaps in the current browser.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 7:09 pm
use the rate'n'colour plugin.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 7:14 pm
Or use a custom buttons with
browsed_song rating 5

browsed_song rating 4

browsed_song rating 3

etc.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 17 @ 10:14 am
42%