Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locodog wrote :
use the rate'n'colour plugin.

Will try that, thanks!

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 2:02 am
Ideally, when navigating many tracks in a single crate, you'd have an option to page down instead of jumping to the point of the scroll click.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 2:03 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
browser_scroll 'bottom' ?

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 7:49 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah he means page down, something like
browser_scroll +20

I've got something like this on my browser encoder with shift
Something like +40 -20 the 40 jumps so that the tune that was bottom of the visible list becomes top, and the -20 moves the highlight to back to that track
It all depends on how many lines your browser section displays.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 2:09 pm
Okay, maybe a silly question (haven't tested) but shouldn't the Page Down key do exactly what he wants?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 17 @ 8:11 am
locodog wrote :
Nah he means page down, something like
browser_scroll +20

I've got something like this on my browser encoder with shift
Something like +40 -20 the 40 jumps so that the tune that was bottom of the visible list becomes top, and the -20 moves the highlight to back to that track
It all depends on how many lines your browser section displays.

Yes, exactly. The script you provided works, thanks. Ideally, the mouse-click would behave this way when clicking in the scroll section below/above current position. PageUp/PageDown keys don't seem to work in the default browser.

Posted Sat 08 Jul 17 @ 3:17 pm
Ventura wrote :
The deep red bar that scans accross the song as its scanning for BPM etc.... is there a way you could make this something like a dirty yellow? its just that im finding it hard to see the scan progress and a yellow would stand out more. maybe change color hex #5a3333 to #8d7700

+1

Posted Sat 08 Jul 17 @ 3:36 pm
Almost every part of the browser can have its colour modified, by addition of the <colors> code to skin XML.

See the wiki here https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20Browser.html

Admittedly it would be nice to have this ability from within the VDJ executable, so it would be applied to every skin as your choice - only over ridden if a skin specifically has the <color> statement.

As the browser is already drawn by the exe and isn't a skin graphic, it makes sense to set its colours from the exe too.

Posted Sat 08 Jul 17 @ 4:11 pm
Moderation staff wrote :
Please use this thread to post any features that you would like to see in the Browser in a future major update.

Hi, would it be possible to have a waveform preview like in rekordbox? That would be quite useful!!

Posted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 4:10 pm
search for songs inside "automix"

Posted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 9:32 pm
Having a detachable browser (like RB) would be a benefit when using at the house. Even mobile if another screen is brought you could see a lot more songs while still seeing full waveforms, ect.

Also waveform previews in browser would be sweet.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 4:14 am
jamminsounds wrote :
detachable browser

Already possible and existing (in certain skins). Also easy to modify an existing skin to do this.

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 7:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 12:45 pm
the info field chooser.

1. it is such a hassle to show/hide multiple fields at once.
please do something about that.

2. allows use to choose the font size for the info. allow us to "auto resize font to fit" or "scroll to see more"

3. allow us to save a list of fields to see when browser zoom is off and when browser zoom is on. 2 different lists.

4. support seek in preview for content unlimited

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 5:12 pm
info

button next to "path" to open folder path in windows explorer.

button next to "file" to open file with audio editor/default player.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 6:22 pm
djkz wrote :
search for songs inside "automix"

-------------------------------------
+1 Very Useful Feature!

Posted Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 5:25 pm
New context menu item: Open in file explorer.

I was just browsing threw the left browser folder view and was wondering where exactly this fav. folder is located on my hdd.
So I did a rightclick to open in file explorer (just as in VS) but couldn't find such a menu.

Next I was wondering if someone else would need that feature for just any folder in VDJ browser.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 5:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
+1 PachN, much more user friendly, find playlist, history, vfolders etc much more easily.

I can't see any reason why not.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 5:50 pm
Moderation staff wrote :
Please use this thread to post any features that you would like to see in the Browser in a future major update.

in browser automix and sidelist select a track right click and select move to top of list. this will save dragging track to top if you have a long list.. thank you.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 5:58 pm
until it's perfect..

a button to refresh the browser.

i have to exit vdj and start it up again if i rearrange folders too many times. moving them up and down, adding new virtual folders.

Posted Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 4:43 pm
45%