Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Clicking a second time on the one star option clears the rating

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 10:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thanks was unaware of that.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 10:54 pm
A new feature I would like to see is 2 thumbs up thumbs down sections. If a song I play clears the dance floor, I'd give it a thumbs down for future reference, and vice versa for popular songs. The other section would be networked by all Virtual DJ users so that we could see what others are experiencing with good or bad songs for keeping the crowd happy (also with thumbs up / thumbs down).

Posted Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 1:34 am
Thumbs are not really any different to star ratings. If you want to mark a track down, take away its stars. If it works better than expected, add stars.

Besides, just because a track cleared the floor at one gig, doesn't necessarily mean it will always do that in future. At the next gig, the crowd may love that track.

If another DJ rates a track highly because it worked at his gig, that doesn't mean it will work at yours. Different crowd.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 5:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Thumbs are not really any different to star ratings. If you want to mark a track down, take away its stars. If it works better than expected, add stars.

Besides, just because a track cleared the floor at one gig, doesn't necessarily mean it will always do that in future. At the next gig, the crowd may love that track.

If another DJ rates a track highly because it worked at his gig, that doesn't mean it will work at yours. Different crowd.

True Dat

Posted Thu 19 Jan 17 @ 5:57 pm
Split Browser

Don't know on which page my request is, but I really want to repeat my wish to have a "split browser" functionality.
More often I have to work with CDJ's (and sometimes XDJ's) of the venue itself. Not to mention the use of my own XDJ's.

It's very annoying to search a song in different folders and all screens are "mirroring" this actions. I have to look at my laptop screen continuously to know which song I was playing at which player and which song/artist is already loaded..

And....It would be great to have my laptop stored in a flightcase out of sight and "secured" against flying beer / beverages / drinks...

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 2:08 pm
the ability to drag and drop songs into itunes and windows explorer would be really helpful. As in, in the same way you can drag songs from itunes and windows explorer into virtual DJ, it would be good if you could do the same in reverse :)

Posted Wed 08 Feb 17 @ 8:51 pm
Not sure if this has been covered, but it would be great to see the feature that was in VDJ7 where you could import the title name of your tracks from the filename.

So it ignores the tag info etc. I see this happen a few times from when I download a song from different sources, that the tag is wrong. in VDJ7 it was never a problem and was an easy right-click and select the "title from filename option"

Is there any chance this could be reinstated into VDJ8?

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 12:45 pm
If you go into the tag editor, to the side of the artist/title there is a little dot, click on that and it gives option to take info from file name. You can also select multiple tracks and click the button and it will do it to all of them.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 1:09 pm
I would like to see color coding for key notation

Posted Wed 01 Mar 17 @ 3:24 pm
Waiste not this is the right direction for this wish,when not sorry:

Does there gives a chance that in the Future are comes Online Music App Napster too in VDJ 8.2:

http://us.napster.com/

greatings,Dirk

Posted Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 1:27 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
supertess wrote :
I would like to see color coding for key notation

If I understand you correct, that is already possible.

Create a filter folder grouped by key. Select all tracks inside the filter folders and give them a colour.
You can assign the color
a) through the Tag Editor or
b) with a custom button and the action "browsed_file_color 'red'" e.g.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 1:19 pm
@supertess

you could put this script on a custom-button:

get_harmonic & param_cast "text" & param_equal "01A" ? browsed_file_color "#70ECD4" : param_equal "01B" ? browsed_file_color "#00EDC9" : param_equal "02A" ? browsed_file_color "#92F0A4" : param_equal "02B" ? browsed_file_color "#27EC82" : param_equal "03A" ? browsed_file_color "#B1EE86" : param_equal "03B" ? browsed_file_color "#85ED4E" : param_equal "04A" ? browsed_file_color "#E6E0A2" : param_equal "04B" ? browsed_file_color "#E0C86E" : param_equal "05A" ? browsed_file_color "#FEC8AC" : param_equal "05B" ? browsed_file_color "#FFA279" : param_equal "06A" ? browsed_file_color "#FFB3BF" : param_equal "06B" ? browsed_file_color "#FF8C93" : param_equal "07A" ? browsed_file_color "#FFB4D2" : param_equal "07B" ? browsed_file_color "#FF85B4" : param_equal "08A" ? browsed_file_color "#EBB7F9" : param_equal "08B" ? browsed_file_color "#F087D9" : param_equal "09A" ? browsed_file_color "#E7B6F8" : param_equal "09B" ? browsed_file_color "#CE93FF" : param_equal "10A" ? browsed_file_color "#C0CEFB" : param_equal "10B" ? browsed_file_color "#A1B9FF" : param_equal "11A" ? browsed_file_color "#94E5F8" : param_equal "11B" ? browsed_file_color "#3ED2F8" : param_equal "12A" ? browsed_file_color "#50EBF0" : param_equal "12B" ? browsed_file_color "#01EDED" :

took this script from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/211383/VirtualDJ_Skins/Harmonic_Mixes_-_Camelot_Wheel___Emotions_by_color___Colorize_songs_script_(for_custom_button).html

!! the above script works only for a song loaded on a deck !!

modificated script (works for browsed files, you need the latest early access):

get_browsed_song 'harmonic' & param_cast 'text' & param_equal '01A' ? browsed_song color '#70ECD4' : param_equal '01B' ? browsed_song color '#00EDC9' : param_equal '02A' ? browsed_song color '#92F0A4' : param_equal '02B' ? browsed_song color '#27EC82' : param_equal '03A' ? browsed_song color '#B1EE86' : param_equal '03B' ? browsed_song color '#85ED4E' : param_equal '04A' ? browsed_song color '#E6E0A2' : param_equal '04B' ? browsed_song color '#E0C86E' : param_equal '05A' ? browsed_song color '#FEC8AC' : param_equal '05B' ? browsed_song color '#FFA279' : param_equal '06A' ? browsed_song color '#FFB3BF' : param_equal '06B' ? browsed_song color '#FF8C93' : param_equal '07A' ? browsed_song color '#FFB4D2' : param_equal '07B' ? browsed_song color '#FF85B4' : param_equal '08A' ? browsed_song color '#EBB7F9' : param_equal '08B' ? browsed_song color '#F087D9' : param_equal '09A' ? browsed_song color '#E7B6F8' : param_equal '09B' ? browsed_song color '#CE93FF' : param_equal '10A' ? browsed_song color '#C0CEFB' : param_equal '10B' ? browsed_song color '#A1B9FF' : param_equal '11A' ? browsed_song color '#94E5F8' : param_equal '11B' ? browsed_song color '#3ED2F8' : param_equal '12A' ? browsed_song color '#50EBF0' : param_equal '12B' ? browsed_song color '#01EDED' : 

Posted Mon 06 Mar 17 @ 9:49 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Holy shit, is this a DJ software or a place for DIY programmers, if you want something added in this software since V8 you got to do it yourself apparently.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 12:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
mate, djing is a form of programming [right thing at the right time] if every single wish was granted we'd have a bloated software, also it's the 21st century, the machine is a tool of the trade, learn your tool.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 5:48 am
I don't agree with that. I paid $299 for software to do the job for me.

As Tayla says, lately getting things done seems to involve complex scripts and programming. I don't have the time, knowledge or inclination to get involved in that, and it's probably the same for 99.9% of normal VDJ users.

The software is in danger of turning in to some linux geeky type thing if it keeps going in this direction.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 5:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Coloring tracks based on the Key value is something that may be added in some future Build.
But i dont see any harm if someone comes up with a complex script to achieve this until it's offered by default. In fact, this is one more plus for a software, to provide you the tools to do more !

BTW, we could come up with a (slightly longer) script to automatically color all the tracks inside a folder, based on their Key value, but i dont want to scare Keith and Paul LOL

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 1:58 pm
If you don't want to script it's absolut ok. If someone script it's ok.
I don't see any problem with that, but today everybody should be able to copy and paste things like this on a custom-button.

I think the script-language is one of the key-features, because the user can decide, what's the best fit for him.

Anyway:
key-colored tunes are possible in different ways and one problem/wish is solved ;o)

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 2:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Assign the script below to a custom button. Select a folder. Focus the 1st track of the folder. Press the custom button.
It will automatically color all the tracks inside that folder and will automatically stop at the last one. You can press the same button again to stop the process at any time.
Known bug.. Doesnt color the 1st one (at the top), but you can move the track at a different position by sorting the list. Will try to improve it so that it fixes this one.

repeat_start 'mytest' ? on & repeat_stop 'mytest' : off & repeat_start 'mytest' 100ms & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop 'mytest' : browser_scroll +1 & get_browsed_song 'harmonic' & param_cast 'text' & param_equal '01A' ? browsed_song color '#70ECD4' : param_equal '01B' ? browsed_song color '#00EDC9' : param_equal '02A' ? browsed_song color '#92F0A4' : param_equal '02B' ? browsed_song color '#27EC82' : param_equal '03A' ? browsed_song color '#B1EE86' : param_equal '03B' ? browsed_song color '#85ED4E' : param_equal '04A' ? browsed_song color '#E6E0A2' : param_equal '04B' ? browsed_song color '#E0C86E' : param_equal '05A' ? browsed_song color '#FEC8AC' : param_equal '05B' ? browsed_song color '#FFA279' : param_equal '06A' ? browsed_song color '#FFB3BF' : param_equal '06B' ? browsed_song color '#FF8C93' : param_equal '07A' ? browsed_song color '#FFB4D2' : param_equal '07B' ? browsed_song color '#FF85B4' : param_equal '08A' ? browsed_song color '#EBB7F9' : param_equal '08B' ? browsed_song color '#F087D9' : param_equal '09A' ? browsed_song color '#E7B6F8' : param_equal '09B' ? browsed_song color '#CE93FF' : param_equal '10A' ? browsed_song color '#C0CEFB' : param_equal '10B' ? browsed_song color '#A1B9FF' : param_equal '11A' ? browsed_song color '#94E5F8' : param_equal '11B' ? browsed_song color '#3ED2F8' : param_equal '12A' ? browsed_song color '#50EBF0' : param_equal '12B' ? browsed_song color '#01EDED' : nothing

If you are happy with what you get, you can type a * character in the Search field, get all tracks in your Database and do a batch coloring (will take some time of course)

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 2:52 pm
Thanks for this lovely script. One question for now. Is there a way to only color the key column instead of the entire row i.e. title and artist etc. My reason for asking is that i already use a color system on the title and artist field.

Posted Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:41 pm
39%