Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 39
or earlier. but would be kinda helpful instead of having to drag elsewhere to sort by a browser field

Posted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 11:37 pm
idcmpHome userMember since 2023
Clicking on a song in a browser list should cause any folders that song is in to be highlighted(/bolded).

For an example of what I mean, see how Mixxx does it.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 7:47 pm
idcmp wrote :
Clicking on a song in a browser list should cause any folders that song is in to be highlighted(/bolded).

For an example of what I mean, see how Mixxx does it.

Would so love this feature to be added to VDJ, that is in the open source Mixxx software.
(have asked previously. w others plus 1's)

the quickest and easiest way to know if a track is in a Virtual Folder, and to know which other folders the track is also in.

since that earlier wish for this feature, the search_playlists feature has been added to VDJ, which is useful, but, still more clicking, thinking, comparing required and with popup in the way.

Would be amazing if a search_playlists could be done automatically and the results NOT show in a popup (covering portion of skin), but instead say change the corresponding text of the containing folders to BOLD.
(cannot be user scripted since browser is hard coded in VDJ)

Note: search_playlists has its place in 1-3% of the time, finding locations of a track in subfolders, since the above feature would only Bold those folders that are at the time visible, as it should.

Again would LOVE this feature added.

+1

PS
Bolded not necessary, any indication/indicator would work, blinking/flashing, color change, font size change, change of icon....etc.
Bolded maybe most subtle.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 10:40 pm
I would like to see my CUE points along with the waveform when displayed on the browser in the Grid view.

This would be so useful.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 10:25 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
MixMaker wrote :
I would like to see my CUE points along with the waveform when displayed on the browser in the Grid view.

This would be so useful.

+1

also bumping these requests :
- lock column sizes
- presets on browser layouts per folder or selectable via dropdown

Posted Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 3:26 pm
bluhajpHome userMember since 2023
I can localize VDJ to Polish, only need adequate file.

Posted Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 2:48 am
RaddiksPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
Things I would love to see:

Please let me sort Instant Filters or move those buttons - sometimes I need to group certain buttons together and don't want to rewrite 8 different rows.

Please let me resize column width without reducing other column widths - like every other app. Sometimes I need to see a really long track title and if I resize the track column it eats up the next column's space. Instead resizing should just push the columns out.

Finally - please let clicks not register if the pointer is outside of the clickable area. Some items are easy to accidentally click on, but in most apps, if you hold-click on a button and then release outside that button's box, it cancels the click.

Posted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 11:18 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 open the quickfilter edit and right click the cogs

Posted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 1:54 pm
RaddiksPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
locodog wrote :
1 open the quickfilter edit and right click the cogs

Wonderful - thank you!

Posted Mon 18 Dec 23 @ 6:49 am
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
It would be nice to force refresh playlist from Tidal to fetch the latest changes without restarting VirtualDJ

Posted Sun 24 Dec 23 @ 12:05 pm
Please integrate a second independent browser so that we can search in two different folders or playlists at the same time!!

Posted Mon 25 Dec 23 @ 12:08 pm
It's not possible to type two different things in two places at the same time on one keyboard, so I don't think you really mean "at the same time".

However, if you perform the first search, then copy the results to the sidelist, you can perform the second search in the main browser and see both sets of results on screen.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 23 @ 3:55 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
It's not possible to type two different things in two places at the same time on one keyboard, so I don't think you really mean "at the same time".

However, if you perform the first search, then copy the results to the sidelist, you can perform the second search in the main browser and see both sets of results on screen.

Think he means being able to toggle between 2 open browsers. I'd find it handy as well, however I don't think it's a feasible implementation.

I'd be setting up filters etc, for various, repeat searches

Posted Mon 25 Dec 23 @ 4:39 pm
Or even a sidelist search... In its own right...

Posted Mon 25 Dec 23 @ 6:57 pm
I wish the devs would collaborate with Locodog and develop "FilterMaid". In the stage its at now its so helpful for every gig Ive done since Loco and his genius put it together for me. I wish a lot of users could take it for a spin.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 23 @ 11:42 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
+1 locodog should be hired by atomix

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 5:40 pm
gvaste wrote :
+1 locodog should be hired by atomix

+1

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 6:18 pm
chirroHome userMember since 2020
Some suggestions:

- Fluid Beatgrid. In this latest update of Algoriddim DJay Pro (5), the beatgrid detection has made an absolutely spectacular change. It now automatically adapts to tempo changes and is even able to detect pauses and interruptions. As they say, it's really "a game changer". We NEED that in Virtual DJ.

- Be able to lock songs so that changes made by hand in the Beatgrid are not modified in an accidental analysis.

- Being able to save Hot Cues (and even Beatgrid) information in the MP3 file itself, as Traktor and Serato do.

- I also love how DJay Pro has implemented advanced effects in the Crossfader. In Virtual DJ we have something similar, but it is much simpler.

Greetings to everyone and thanks to the staff for making such a great program.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 4:21 pm
This might have been more suitable to post as a separate topic, because a few of the requests are beyond just modifications to the browser.

For the suggestions
user21308771 wrote :

- Fluid Beatgrid. In this latest update of Algoriddim DJay Pro (5), the beatgrid detection has made an absolutely spectacular change. It now automatically adapts to tempo changes and is even able to detect pauses and interruptions. As they say, it's really "a game changer". We NEED that in Virtual DJ.

+1

I agree that this is a superb feature that most likely everybody will adopt. However, it being classified as a game changer is very subjective/a stretch, as it doesn't actually change the way you mix or how your mix sounds, it just makes it easier to prepare songs for mixing/other BPM synchronized things, which you would have/may have done manually before or not at all. Compare that to stems which really has changed what you can do when mixing/blending.

user21308771 wrote :

- Be able to lock songs so that changes made by hand in the Beatgrid are not modified in an accidental analysis.

+1

user21308771 wrote :

- Being able to save Hot Cues (and even Beatgrid) information in the MP3 file itself, as Traktor and Serato do.

This is possibly helpful if rebuilding your database/sharing tracks with others. Just as long as it isn't overdone to the point that it could negatively affect performance (Serato sometimes seemingly is writing constantly to files (e.g. track playcounts), and could probably be contributing to its sometimes slow performance).

user21308771 wrote :

- I also love how DJay Pro has implemented advanced effects in the Crossfader. In Virtual DJ we have something similar, but it is much simpler.

Most of this is may already achievable with the Auto BPM Transition feature and custom buttons, but DJay does have it laid out nicely in the default layout.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 9:35 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
it just makes it easier

It makes it a LOT easier.

Having the software analyse a track that constantly varies in tempo, and have it accurately apply a beat grid in the same time (or less) than VDJ takes to provide a fixed one is not only a huge time saver, but allows the syncing of tracks that just wasn't possible before - so yes, it changes the way you (can) mix.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 9:53 pm
95%