Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 34
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djkrysr wrote :
Can there be the option for the "Remixes / Recommended Next" sideviews to follow the "show music/show video/show karaoke" buttons if searching "local" files, at the moment when only showing video files in the browser, I still get "remixes" for each karaoke track & audio mp3 that matches the song

Has anybody replied to this request?
I do many different sets but when I am DJing, playing exclusively videos and have Virtual DJ set to only show videos, it is bit of a pain when the "alternative remixes" sideview is listing .mp3 & karaoke tracks in addition to any alternative video mixes I have of a track.
OK it's not a major issue, but if someone has taken the deliberate step of NOT showing either music, karaoke or video in the browser window, under what circumstances would having them listed in the "alternative mixes" window be useful.
Thanks

Posted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:07 pm
AlhifiPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hello all,

I would like to have the possibillity of user customised variables for the browser view!

Example: at the moment VDJ offers the option to use the variables "title" and "remix" (which is tag "subtitle") as standalone columns, but also as a combination "title (remix)".

So it would be fine if the user by himself could create such a combinatian as an user defined variable like as an example

userbrowser1=$artist ($composer)
userbrowser2=$year ($yearcd)

VDJ knows all variables which should still be searchable, this is only for the list within the browser.

kind regards
Alhifi

Posted Mon 02 May 22 @ 9:29 am
I noticed that my ratings are missing in the Virtual DJ 2021 browser, but I noticed that when I go into the tag editor, there is an option to import it from the tag to set the stars with an arrow button underneath the stars in the tag editor. Is there a way to bulk do this for all the files? I tried selecting all of the files and opening the tag editor, but the arrow underneath stars doesn't appear when selecting more than one file. I use the ratings to know which songs to select when doing a random set.

Posted Tue 03 May 22 @ 2:32 am
Change the setting getRatingFromTags to yes.
Then batch reload the tags of your files (select multiple files, right click on one of them, Batch->Reload Tags)

Posted Tue 03 May 22 @ 11:10 am
I wish for the function: Load Playlist into Karaoke. I'm a singing DJ and want to load my Songlists into Karaoke because of the stop function.

Posted Sun 08 May 22 @ 11:36 pm
For new laptops

VDJ Cloud.
allow vdj users to backup their dj setup to vdj server: playlists history, saved folder structures, favorite folders, colors, items downloaded from vdj: skins, effects, samples, etc.
when logging in on vdj, check with cloud backup and suggest to "restore". add to setting: restore backup from cloud.

===
List Search
allows a user to add a multi line list with a custom name that creates a folder with subfolders based on those entries. click on the List Search (LS folder) to see a combined search from all searches or click on a single sub folder to see songs that match only that folder. instead of using title is, it just copy the folder name and pastes it in the search bar.

Online Charts
allows a user to add urls of websites with a custom name and url link. vdj goes to the website and attempts to identify a playlist and songs in the playlist as a List Search.

VDJ Charts
online folder of vdj playlists shared by vdj users. vdj users can follow vdj users that are sharing playlists. when the user adds a new playlist, the user following will see that playlist automatically

Chart Notification
a folder that shows songs from charts that are not local. if such songs are found in a logged in pool, it automatically downloads it. if not, it shows N/A

Source
a column that shows what the source of a song such as Local, Deezer, Tidal, etc.

Pool Search
Multi: Search multiple music pools at once.
Ghost: Auto create a non existent account that logs in and searches in music pools such as beat source and beat port

Posted Tue 17 May 22 @ 5:27 am
Related tracks. Having a side list for each loaded track that allows you to link tracks to it. It would allow me to group tracks that work together easily and allow me to play from history less.

A feature I've tried on DJay Pro and love.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 11:56 pm
bentodman93 wrote :
Related tracks. Having a side list for each loaded track that allows you to link tracks to it. It would allow me to group tracks that work together easily and allow me to play from history less.

I'm sure th.e info sidebar has a way of showing tracks you normally play before or after the one playing.

It gets the data from your own history...

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 8:02 pm
Either a "Remember Size" button, or a way to remember the last used size on the Tag Editor window.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 22 @ 7:44 pm
Moderation staff wrote :
Please use this thread to post any features that you would like to see in the Browser in a future major update.

When right-clicking you should have a "Search for Artist" button like the search for similar songs

Posted Mon 20 Jun 22 @ 8:19 am
There's a pad page for that, called Dropsearch.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 22 @ 7:05 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
^ or could be scripted to a keypress

the context menus are getting to the point that they're unwieldy, ideal world user could define them themselves, but that has problems with updates.

maybe drag to searchbar, it's not too far fetched, if you're mousing then a pop up after dropping on searchbar is no big deal.
I'm no fan of popups but the technical script option already exists, and simplicity has merit if you're using mouse

Posted Mon 20 Jun 22 @ 7:56 pm
Virtual Folder Export to USB for other VDJ Systems, like the CDJ Export.

When i will take my Virtual Folders to my second System or other DJ they using VDJ it's important that i have CUE Points etc.
With the CDJ Export it works good, but all tracks are in separat folders that suck.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 10:01 pm
move up or down the color Rules and Quick Filter per Drag & Drop.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 10:03 pm
If you use right click, copy to a database will be created on the external ;drive automatically. No need for an export function.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 10:07 pm
A security message before deleting tracks from Virtual Folders.
Keyboard "DEL" Key.
I've accidentally removed titles many times.

Also a security message befor File move. right click -> File operations -> move to
and also a security message befor File delete. right click -> File operations -> delete

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 10:09 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
If you use right click, copy to a database will be created on the external ;drive automatically. No need for an export function.

I tested this earlier, there was no "Virtual DJ" folder on the USB drive. Now I've tested it again and it works. Very strange.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 10:18 pm
An in-app way to "Duplicate" a playlist with a new name.

Currently I have to jump into Finder (or Explorer for windows) and duplicate it manually then refresh the VDJ playlist view.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 5:38 am
brunoliv wrote :
So i'm making a lot of MKV videos with dual or sometimes triple audio tracks.

in this case I made 2 versions of the "Umbrella" song and saved the instrumental, vocals, my 2 versions, the radio edit and the original audio from the clip all on the same file all audios are in time with the video, so I would like to suggest that the browser has a little "arrow" just like a folder has, so I can choose what audio I what to load with the video.

this could be useful to group various version of the same song in ONE entry in the browser
if a file has the same name with just some tags like "(extended)", "[original]", "(remix)" the browser could group them in one entry and allow us to select wich one to load

Would be awesome if this could somehow be mapped to the Stems feature. Perhaps your provided vocal track could "override" the one the stems generate.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 5:40 am
bentodman93 wrote :

+1

Didn't realize how useful that would be till I saw it in action in the DJay Pro.

And didn't remember/missed or didn't fully understand what you were wishing for.

and now realize I also but in the same wish:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247430/Wishes_and_new_features/Integrate_Related_Tracks_to_the_Playing_track__into_VDJ.html

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 7:05 am
85%