Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I think I would go live if this problem was fixed. Has anyone else notice that the platters are not as responsive with 8 vs 7.4?

PC windows 8.1 i7 (2) 3700s and a ddm400

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:32 pm
DJ00nick wrote :
I think I would go live if this problem was fixed. Has anyone else notice that the platters are not as responsive with 8 vs 7.4?

PC windows 8.1 i7 (2) 3700s and a ddm400

until the've not manage with the SC3900, I will definitely not work with VDJ! if I switch it off, that rotate the plates, I have no problems. rotating discs, problems with the sound at the beginning!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:06 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, I am not agree with this.
For me, V8 seams to really follow the platters instantaneously with precision, when in v7, platters seams to be controlled by some conditions and to be more filtered.
According to my small test (I admit), I really prefer v8 and I hope a solution will be found, solution that will keep the way it works actually.

Kaléo.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:10 pm
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey guys,
I am using the same equipment as you do (2x S3700/1x X1600), but I could use the S3700 after some times of turning off/on, plugging the USB cabel in and out. It isn't very satisfying to use the equipment like that.
I just had problems with the display. I just get shown "title" and "artist". BPM, Pitch, Total time etc. is missing.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:17 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Like I say, the S3700, SC3900 (and the SCS.1d incidentally) all have issues with v8 that mean I really cannot recommend their use at this time. If you are using these controllers, please stick with v7 until a fix has been made available.

I can assure you that the development team is aware of the issues (I own and use the 3900s and SCS.1d) surrounding these controllers.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:29 pm
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
SBDJ wrote :
Like I say, the S3700, SC3900 (and the SCS.1d incidentally) all have issues with v8 that mean I really cannot recommend their use at this time. If you are using these controllers, please stick with v7 until a fix has been made available.

I can assure you that the development team is aware of the issues (I own and use the 3900s and SCS.1d) surrounding these controllers.

Just didn't read from my display issues before, so i wrote it down right here ;)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
It's OK, feel free to contribute still :)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
kaleo wrote :
No, I am not agree with this.
For me, V8 seams to really follow the platters instantaneously with precision, when in v7, platters seams to be controlled by some conditions and to be more filtered.
According to my small test (I admit), I really prefer v8 and I hope a solution will be found, solution that will keep the way it works actually.

Kaléo.

It may just be personal prefence....any change in the platter is noticeable and when I play on other decks I find myself adjusting according. Do you use the Denon sound card or something else? I prefer an external one over Denon....

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:25 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For my previous tests, I used an external sound card.

Kaléo.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 7:54 am
Hey.... I just wanted to contribute. I have read this post and look forward to following what happens. Just for notes sake... I have and play with (2) 3700s and the denon 1700 mixer. After installing the Denon ASIO 2.2 driver everything actually worked pretty much right away. I have noticed some differences however and thought I would contribute. First off, I am not using the 3700s as sound cards. I am using the internal mixer as the card.

I have found the following with them;
- The display is not funtioning properly as I only get the names and basic information of the songs. No countdown or pitch etc.
- The mappers are not correct and there is no response when trying to select effects etc like in ver.7 I tried to fix this myself in the mappers and maybe it's just me but I didn't have any luck with this. in fact, it seemed to respond a bit weird when trying to MAPP those functions
- Overall the platters responded quite well. i took the latency down to 256 and didn't have any issues.
- I played for about and hour and a half with no issues at all. i was just trying it all out and it's set up in my office and I've been toying around.

I will go back to ver. 7 for now until this is all fixed up. Is the download for the lates 7.4 version still available somewhere on the site. i haven't really looked yet but I will.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:40 am
The soundcards on the denon 3700s are horrible, don't use them. As far as the mappers are concerned there should be 2 options for the 3700s- factory, and custom (or something similar). Using the factory mappings only show a few functions on the decks themselves, versus the custom mappings show all the information functions.

SB- any update on these? If they are fixed will they be posted in the 'current build bug fix' section? Thanks.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:04 am
SBDJ wrote :

SBDJ, thanks for the information and I am excited and waiting patiently for the fix on the use of 3900s. My setup is close to yours: X600 with 2 x 3900s, PC.
I stopped using VDJ because I couldn't get them to work however, prior to upgrading to the 3900s I had no issues with my 3700s. Guess my point is that I am seriously excited to see how these 3900s work once everything is ironed out. I want to use VDJ as my main DJ software. I believe VDJ has the best customer service in the DJ software arena and I can usually get a quick reply on this forum than I can with Serato and that goes a long way with me.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:22 pm
The 3900s should be working now.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:22 pm
no! i had a freez, but no crash report! vdj start new on mac

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 3:13 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The 3900s should be working now.

SBDJ anything for the 3700s?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:39 pm
Don't forget the HS5500s either!

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
The HS5500s are working as far as I know?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
Oh no they're not!

They exhibit a strange pitch/tempo rise when releasing the platter post scratch. If you perform "pull back, release, pull back, release..." every release is higher in pitch/tempo than it should be (and creeps up too, if you repeat the move), then gradually slows back down to normal.

Huey's found the same thing, and made a video.

It's nice to finally have the warbling sorted, but this has replaced it. On the 17th you said it had been reported.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:12 pm
Yes, that issue is known about. It doesn't just affect the 5500.

Its an annoyance, but 3700/3900 users have been experiencing far worse issues, which is what this thread is about ;)

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:39 am
3900's still don't work.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:33 am
16%