Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plug-in wish list - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

is there any way we can get a sticky for this? might save a search or three.

an idea for Scott (when he isn't busy with 19 thousand others)

Titler 2.0 - color & transparency control of titler box and the added feature of making it fade side to side with crossfader action and fading in and out with adjustable timer?

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 12:14 am

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 4:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Just post them in here.

Im aware of the need for a new titler btw :)

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 7:20 am
that's cause you're awesome sir.

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 4:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
That's not what my mrs says!

Posted Wed 11 Sep 13 @ 4:31 pm
wild, you should put it in perspective when you make a statement about CPU usage. You did not mention what else was running. You did not mention what you had running in EV, but a simple scroller should not be much of a problem. You should probably compare one on one with other plugins that display text with nothing else running to be sure. Text usually involves some kind of hit so I am not real happy about that. I wrote some new text functions way back but have not had the time to finished it. But you can speed things up by turning off shadows or outlines.

I suppose you could use one plugin to display a logo, one plugin to display scrolling text, one plugin to display song, title, etc, and one plugin to change the size of the VDJ video, or you could do it all in EV.

Song title, artist is not in yet but getting there. You don't have tie anything to anything else in EV. They can all be separate.

So anyway please double check and do a proper comparison.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 6:19 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Don,
You should have quoted the post to make it visible as us "low life's" can't see it.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 6:33 pm
Criticism is fine with me as long as it's a fair assessment.

Wonder what kind of computer a high flyer might be running.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 6:47 pm
hard to put in perspective because it only lasted a second at most. not even time to look at cpu meter when it happened. all other times it ran fine. no other plug-ins in use except slideshow.

@Synth: the unwashed heathens are the nlu's and such.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 7:01 pm
Yeah that's what I am saying, you don't know if it was the slide show or what. Anything can kick off a spike.

I run EV on my low end dev machine and its fine but all software can always be improved. I do development on a lower end machine to keep me in touch with reality even though I have a very fast machine right next to me.

I can tell you I am never satisfied and always looking to improve, but since this is such a time consuming task it takes a lot of time for one person to produce something worth while.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 7:15 pm
it is worthwhile, and while I still can't convince them to use the sms/chat part of it in any of the 3 clubs so far they like what they see.

club computer:
i7 processor
12gigs RAM
radeon video card has 1gig ddr5
win7 64bit
at least that's what I can remember

i managed to duplicate small stutter when adjusting borders slider on panel control but that was about it. the only other thing running was slideshow in background with no appreciable cpu usage.
couldn't manage to repeat results at home until I had 4 video plug-ins going at the same time while playing a 720x480mp4 video:
electricshock2
Pandora box
essential visuals - scrolling marguee only
sbdj ripple
took until I added in ripple to give slight stutter when I moved border slider but nothing else made it even hiccup. and mine only has an i3 3.30ghz /8gb RAM, and an NVidia gt 610 video card with 1gig ddr3 RAM win8 64bit - not a high end machine at home but it serves its purpose.

and while we're here. the marquee panel text can scroll right, left and bounce. how about a vertical scroll/roll?

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 6:36 am
When adjusting size on the fly that way, it's an intense process to calculate the best font size for fitting. To give the best possible results, it does not scale the text. This is not something you should do live too much but it should improve when I get around to finishing new text code.

So thing is I believe EV is the only one that will fit the text that way but consider it an offline process. It does this on the fly for you so you see results immediately.

Adjusting borders or resizing effects the size of the elements within.

You can also tell marquee panels not to fit the text, but generally you do want this fitting process to be automatic.

Marquee and Text panels have options to fit the text and can be on or off. This saves you from trying to match a font size to get the best fit.

Posted Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 3:56 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
and while we're here. the marquee panel text can scroll right, left and bounce. how about a vertical scroll/roll?

By roll I take it you mean single lines that roll in and out, up and down. One problem with this is that each line would have to fit in the given areas width.

This could mean a few things:

1) Find largest text width and calculate text size based on that

2) Choose font size as normal and wrap the text when needed. Each wrapped text item scrolls vertically as individual lines

3) Choose font size as normal. When item does not fit and after it has scrolled into place vertically, also scroll it left so remainder can be seen

3 probably makes the most sense and probably your intent.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 4:36 am
Don Moir wrote :
wildcountryclub wrote :

By roll I take it you mean single lines that roll in and out, up and down. One problem with this is that each line would have to fit in the given areas width.

This could mean a few things:

1) Find largest text width and calculate text size based on that

2) Choose font size as normal and wrap the text when needed. Each wrapped text item scrolls vertically as individual lines

3) Choose font size as normal. When item does not fit and after it has scrolled into place vertically, also scroll it left so remainder can be seen

3 probably makes the most sense and probably your intent.

I think what I had it in mind for when I first asked (after not enough sleep - like now) is a single line text roll option. text for given space rolls up into place and then pauses - variable length would be necessary cause people read slow - then rolls up or down out of view to make room for next.

this is taking me back to my radio & tv major days in college when we were learning to use the graphics generator console. and we are NOT going to talk about how long ago that was.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 5:40 pm
Yeah, and if the current single line of text does not fit in the given area (it's too long), it will roll up vertically and than scroll left with appropriate pauses.

In either case whether it has to scroll left or not, it will vacate and next line will roll in vertically and take it's place. Lines of text that fit won't need to scroll left. This is like on TV when that happens on occasion.

Variable length is fine.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 6:58 pm
sounds about right. the only things that would complicate would be having to change or add user selected variable stuff like speed of roll and length of display time before it rolls away. this would also work with static or animated banner types? 3d rotation of image as it rolls out of way would be icing on the cake.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 5:27 pm
The general principle of it all should not be very difficult. Images / animated images are in so that is not an issue.

Additional bells and whistles take time and so I have to figure out what I can do quickly. I don't just sit here and work on things for VDJ.

Too much icing and not enough cake for me :)

I will see what I can do though about the vertical scroll marquee.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 6:09 pm
I hear ya on the cake!

know its not a "plug it in and it works" thing. but you doin' good stuff.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 6:50 pm
I had a nifty little idea while watching screen crawl at work tonight on one screen and seeing logo flip on TV channel with football on.

vertical crawl for text still spiffy idea but what about making it also an option for graphics? like 2d or 3d rotating vertically?

or is that over-complicating?

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 1:29 am
this actually ticked in my head and woke me up, probably because I was playing with visuals before I fell asleep.
taking that last idea a little further - directional control on 3 axis? x, y, z, for a given panel? like if you needed an extra attention getter for a specific one and suddenly the entire block of text or image starting revolving in a chosen direction.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 3:34 pm
67%