Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: ShowLogo+ - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Oh nice!! Didn't see that one on my phone but now that I know it's there I'll be sure to grab it 👍

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 4:12 pm
abner.1234 wrote :
porq no puedo descargar nada dice q la licencia no puede descargar nada

Estimado, como dice el Moderador, este es el foro en su versión en ingles.
Sin embargo para asistirlo, le informo que deberá adquirir una licencia PRO para poder obtener los adicionales que esta solicitando.
Salu2

@moderator: sorry for write in spanish.

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 6:58 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hey Scott, could you tell me what DX dll the plugin is using in v7?
Because suddently the plugin stopped working and I don't know why.
Nothing changed on my system except Windows updates.

I see the plugin page and controlles when selected in the browser, but after I click on "activate" the image won't show up...

edit: now i saw "something" is happening when activating the plugin. The video output seems to get slightly blurred. but still no image....

Posted Thu 11 Dec 14 @ 4:27 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had problems with my plugins also in v7 when using v8 in the same laptop, had to re-install v7 repair and some plugins again before they started working again.

Posted Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 4:39 pm
Just to let you know, it's working again.
Seems that it was a problem with the values stored in the .ini file.

I first reinstalled the plugin without touching the existing .ini and the plugin won't work as expected.
After that, I manually deleted the .dll and .ini file, reinstalled the plugin a 2nd time and it's working again now.

Still not sure why it suddently stopped working.

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 5:57 am
This plugin NEVER remembers how I have it setup!??!? Every time I launch it nothing shows up UNTIL I hit the "+" to show the parameters and then I have to reset everything I just did not 2 minutes before..............making it pretty much un-useable for me.

Anything I should do or is this something that can be fixed??

Posted Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 11:34 pm
For those that are having the same issue I have where nothing shows up for this plugin, so sliders, activate button etc under VDJ 7.4x

I installed VDJ 8 and that seemed to solve the problem.

And FYI You can't install Directx 9.0 on windows 8.1

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 10 Feb 15 @ 3:24 pm
cbgraphix wrote :
For those that are having the same issue I have where nothing shows up for this plugin, so sliders, activate button etc under VDJ 7.4x

I installed VDJ 8 and that seemed to solve the problem.

And FYI You can't install Directx 9.0 on windows 8.1

I had the same happening with the Scrolltext Plugin. Here is the story and my solution:

PachN wrote :
I had the same problem but was able to fix it. Although I really don't know what exactly was the problem and I'm a little bit confused now.

First some technical details:

System is a Asus Ultrabook with i5 and up-to-date Win 8.1.

Now the story:

Because Scrolltext v2 kept crashing my system I decided to run v1 again.
But after installing I couldn't see any button or sliders (like in the picture DJ Lucky Luciano postet above).

So I made sure I have installed every C++ runtime environment ( I know, I needn't, but why not).
Reinstalled DX 9 again, just to make sure, even though I did that a week or two ago.

Restarted and checked VDJ. Still no working plugin.
Checked in system32 and systemWOW64 that the file d3dx9_42.dll is actually there. It was.

So i decided to try every d3dx9_42.dll of every DX redist I could find at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=directx%20end-user%20runtimes

I started with the newest to oldest. Extracted the packages, exctracted the cab files and manually copied the .DLLs to their particular paths. Between copying and testing I restartet my system. No luck. The plugin won't work.

Reaching the DirectX End-User Runtimes (November 2008) package I stopped doing this, as it seems, d3dx9_42.dll first appeard with the DirectX End-User Runtimes (August 2009) package.

I nearly gave up, but had that stupid idea to ask RobRoy if he could send me his .DLLs, because he has the plugin working on his Win 8 laptop.
Luckily he sent me the files just a couple of mins later (thanks again Rob!) and you know what... copied them, restarted system, started VDJ and the plugin WORKS!!!

Here I'm... confused and I totally have no idea why it is now working???

So, Scott... any idea?
If you'd like I could sent you the working and a not working dll. Maybe you could tell the difference between them and check your plugin why it's working with one and not with the other.

PachN wrote :
Ok, this is really weird...

But at least I'm now able to tell what went wrong.

Here the solution:

Somehow, and I don't know why, both .dlls get into the wrong directory.
Analysing the DX redist packages shows that in cab Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x86 is a 1.8 MB DLL. (32bit version)
and in cab Aug2009_d3dx9_42_x64 is a 2.36 MB DLL for 64 bit systems.

The installation routine of DX setup puts this files into the "correct" folder. x64 to syswow64 and x86 to system32.
But that way the plugin won't work.

So I just copied d3dx9_42.dll from sysWOW64 into system32 and the other way round the dll from system32 into sysWOW64...

That's it... and that's also exactly the filestructure what Rob sent me...

I don't know why the two d3dx9_42.dll are of different size and what exactly the do, but that and the following is the problem:

wikipedia quote wrote :

The operating system uses the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory for its 64-bit library and executable files. This is done for backward compatibility reasons, as many legacy applications are hardcoded to use that path. When executing 32-bit applications, WoW64 transparently redirects 32-bit DLLs to %SystemRoot%\SysWoW64, which contains 32-bit libraries and executables. 32-bit applications are generally not aware that they are running on a 64-bit operating system. 32-bit applications can access %SystemRoot%\System32 through the pseudo directory %SystemRoot%\sysnative.

There are two Program Files directories, both visible to both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. The directory that stores the 32 bit files is called Program Files (x86) to differentiate between the two, while the 64 bit maintains the traditional Program Files name without any additional qualifier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64

So, in theory, it would be possible to just copy the file from system32 to sysWOW64, but I did not test that.

My assumtion: The plugin is either using hardcode path to the file or doesn't use the right system path variables.
Or something is wrong in Win 8(.1)...

Is this possible?

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 4:11 am
SysWOW64 should contain 32 bit DLLs. System32 should contain 64 bit DLLs.

If your x64 DLL is in SysWOW64 and x86 in System32 then this file has been installed in the wrong directory.

The other day I reinstalled Windows 8.1, then DX9. The files were the correct way round, ie x64 in System32.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 4:28 am
SBDJ wrote :

Way to go Microsoft for an excellent way of confusing people!

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 5:27 am
It makes no sense from one perspective, but perfect sense from another.

WoW64 (Windows on Windows64) is the 32 bit layer - so the system folder for that 32 bit layer is SysWoW64.

Completely contrary to what people would expect though, yes.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 5:55 am
So doin all that means the plugin will store my settings??

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 6:36 am
SBDJ wrote :

If your x64 DLL is in SysWOW64 and x86 in System32 then this file has been installed in the wrong directory.

The other day I reinstalled Windows 8.1, then DX9. The files were the correct way round, ie x64 in System32.

I know. You told me that in the other thread.
And as I said, I still don't know why this two files were in the wrong directory.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 15 @ 6:55 am
HI guys,
Reading all pages, I couldn't find some info about my little problem. On VDJ8, Shows like picture below:

As you can see, the logo is in the lower right corner on the window plug in, but you see upside down at the output window.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong to get this plug in work properly? Thanks in advance.
Ju@n

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 4:06 pm
Yes, ShowLogo+ is a v7 plugin and is not compatible with v8.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 4:33 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just have 2 versions of the logo's I use. One normal for v7 and one upside down for v8.

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 7:01 pm
djBAV,
That's a good idea. Can you explain a little how did you made the upside down logo? I mean, you just "twist the pic"?

Scott,
I presume that this happen, but I wasn't sure. Do you think will finish the new version soon?
Thanks again guys you really rock!
Ju@n

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 7:51 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Yep, just a simple rotation. Any graphic program that supports transparency would do. (Don't use Paint)

Posted Thu 05 Mar 15 @ 8:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ Juan_Tabasso
Try Paint.Net it's free and you can do an awful lot of stuff with it.

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 6:34 am
98%