Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Newbie question about Karaoke discs please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I bought a big mixed bag package of Karaoke CDs from ebay to get a collection started, but I have no idea what I have because regardless of whether they say specifically "CD+G" or they just say "Karaoke" (which I suppose means to a newbie that they are just lyric-less music) when I put them in my drive to download them to my karaoke folders, all I see is a tiny cda file and every disc comes up "Track 01" "Track 02" which is less than worthless.

Naturally, none of these will play or open in anything. Am I doing something wrong, or have I just bought a hundred bucks worth of junk please?
Thanks
Phil

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 10:02 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You need software to convert it. It's been awhile, so I don't remember what I used to use. Google convert cd+g. Good Luck.

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 11:45 pm
Audiograbber is a good and free conversion program for MP3's, CD+G Etc ........

I'm running it on Win 8 X64 with a X64 Lame Encoder ....... Flawless !

Posted Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 12:37 pm
the last time i ripped a cd , whatever a cd is, i used audiograbber......

Posted Sat 08 Jun 13 @ 6:00 am
Hi Guys
I tried using Audiograbber, but it gave me a wav file and a graphics file rather than an mp3. I realize I can convert the wav file to an mp3 (if I have to), but I don't understand how to combine the two so I can get the scrolling lyrics and the audio. I mean, I could zip em, but you can't play a zip file.
Any more help please?
Thanks
Phil

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 3:53 pm
Try MP3+g toolz Google it and try that

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 9:51 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
soccerman58 wrote :
... it gave me a wav file and a graphics file rather than an mp3 ... , but I don't understand how to combine the two so I can get the scrolling lyrics and the audio. I mean, I could zip em, but you can't play a zip file.

If the graphics file it gave you was a .cdg file, then you will be pleased to know that VDJ can use that file. When it sees a .mp3 file, if there is a .cdg file named identically in the same folder, then it 'auto-magically' knows that it is a karaoke, and treats it as such.

soccerman58 wrote :
... I could zip em, but you can't play a zip file.

More Magic! VDJ can recognize zip files and play them as karaoke tracks as well. The zip has to contain 2 identiacally named files, one mp3, one cdg. You may need to configure this in the 'codec' section of the options, but I believe it is the default now.

Hope all that helps!

Posted Thu 13 Jun 13 @ 6:44 am
Hi, this is my first post, I hope it's in the right place.

Although I have been DJ’ing a while, I am new to the karaoke business and need some help getting started. I got the opportunity to purchase a library from a guy who was selling out and I jumped on it. I was having problems with system crashes for a while, but I think vdj tech-support has helped me work through that.

I now have issues with song searches and how to make a song book/list for my customers. First, do I need to analyze all 50K songs in the library before I can search for songs? I think there are list maker that index your library so that all the titles show up the same way (not crazy like mine). Last I noticed different post talking about different software solutions, should I be looking at other software all together? PCDJ’s DEX 2 was recommended.

A few times I have done gigs where there was a not so good Karaoke DJ there. I covered them by starting my set early and rocking the house. I have a good reputation and do not want to be one of those not so good KJ’s.

Posted Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 7:42 pm

Posted Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 8:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)