Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Device definition and audio effects mapping for KORG nanoKONTROL2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,

I came across the nanoKONTROL2 and thought that it might make a very handy effects controller to sit alongside my VMS4.1. I've spent the morning writing a device definition for it (as there wasn't one available for download), and a mapping for using it for audio effects. I've just submitted it to be published in the controller downloads section. If you\'d like a copy in the meantime PM me and I'll be happy to send you a ZIP.

Basically, turn the nanoKONTROL2 90 degrees and put it alongside your controller or mixer. I've mapped each of the 8 faders to my 8 favourite effects. The fader controls parameter 1 of the effect, and the knob parameter 2.

The R button toggles the effect on and off for deck 1, and the S button for deck 2.

I also mapped FFORWARD and REWIND to slip mode for decks 1 and 2 respectively, and STOP and PLAY for the beat grid effect. The rest of the buttons aren't mapped, but they're all defined in the definition file.

I've augmented my nanoKONTROL2 with some dymotape labels so I know which effect is where and it's working really nicely!

For about £40 this is a hell of a cost effective way to add some very power controls for applying multiple effects at the same time!

Feedback most welcome!

Richard

Posted Sat 01 Jun 13 @ 8:34 am
Here\'s how it looks alongside a controller.

I must admit I always used to thing VDJ's weakest aspect was its effects but this little set up gives so much control so easily I'm seeing the effects in a whole new light!

Posted Sat 01 Jun 13 @ 9:23 am

Posted Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 10:12 am
dmc2000Home userMember since 2013
Seems to be a great work, would love to try it but can not access the download area. Can you upload the file somewehre else or maybe send it to me via mail ? [Removed]

Tanks in advance

[Sorry, posting E-mail addresses and other contact details is not permitted for unlicensed users - Please read the forum rules]

Posted Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 6:56 am
Nobody will send you add-ons to which you are currently not entitled. Nor will they illegally upload them to 3rd party locations for other users to download illegally. Anybody found to be doing this will have their account locked immediately.

DO NOT ask this again on the VirtualDJ forums or your account will be locked.

To be able to download and use mappers, you will need to purchase and register the full VirtualDJ Professional. If you like the software, them please support it and its future development by purchasing it (Especially if you are a working DJ and you are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Posted Fri 19 Jul 13 @ 11:07 am
Dear rmundell,
I would be very grateful if you could post the script commands you have used for each button of the Nanokontrol2.

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 6:22 am
You will need to purchase VirtualDJ Professional to download the mapper.

DO NOT ask again for users to send you files/mappings to which you are not entitled or your account will be locked. This is your final warning.

If you like VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 6:48 am
i dont aks for any files or mappers, i am asking for scripting instructions - which are accessible to all users - without restrictions.
http://de.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript
If you still want to suspend me for this ...

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 6:57 am
You are asking the author to provide you with the script used for each button, which is the same thing as asking for and/or being given the mapper, to which you are not currently entitled.

As above, to download the mapper or custom map it yourself to suit your own preferences, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional.

If you wish to manually map it yourself, please read our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20map%20my%20MIDI%20controller.html

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 7:24 am
Ok, sorry for inconvenience caused .. i do not have a licence of the VDJ personally, i am also not allowed to use the licence from the PC we use in the club to regsiter in this forum. I am personally have been using Traktor and all the pieces of equpment have been supported straight away. I am really new into mapping ... so the last thing i am going to ask is just , how to turn on and swith off an effect with the same button ?
For example :
deck 1 effect 1 active on : deck 1 effect 1 active off
doesnt really work for me , what i am doing wrong ??

Maybe at this point the author could give me a little help ... thank you all

DMC

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 2:46 pm
The syntax of the mapping above is wrong. : is used in conjunction with ? to perform a query and carry out two different actions depending on whether it's true of false, e.g: deck 1 play ? goto_cue 1 : set_cue 1

Your action above should just be:

deck 1 effect 1 active

(It will toggle the assigned effect in slot 1 on/off.)

Please also take a look at the VDJscript examples page (Linked in the above FAQ page):

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 6:50 pm
Hi, would it be possible for you to upload a copy of your definition and mapping files on a different website? For example, uploading it to http://www.zippyshare.com, then posting the link to the download else wear?

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 8:26 am
No, this is not possible. Our licensed users will not illegally share files with you to which you are not currently entitled. Do not ask this again in the forums or your account will be locked.

If you would like to be able to use these mappings, then you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro Infinity or a monthly v8 Pro subscription. You will also need Pro to be able to use MIDI controllers for more than 10 minutes at a time. Home FREE is for non-commercial use only and only supports mouse and keyboard.

If you like VirtualDJ then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 1:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)