Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bass drops out of music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LBOTXPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am using VDJ Pro 7.3 on a pc at a night club. We use an internal video card to handle the video, an external sound card to handle pre listening, but the sound going to the speakers is handled by an on board sound card. The bass drops out of music sometimes when I either drag a song to a deck while a song is playing or I download a song from netsearch while a song is playing. Would it help to either add an internal or second external sound card to take pressure of the mother board to prevent this from happening again?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 11:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have you tried using the external sound card as your outbound source and the on board for pre listening. I found this configuration best years ago before getting a controller with sound cards built in.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:12 pm
I'm banking on this being the new limiter added in 7.3. Go in to options settings and turn the limiter off.

However it is doing this regularly then you are driving VDJ too hard and need to watch your levels on the decks.

Give it a go and let us know.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:16 pm
From what he's described, it can't be the limiter.

The limiter doesn't start working when you drag a track to the deck, or download from Netsearch!

I find it a little odd that the effect is described as "bass dropping out" though. I would have expected maybe some pops, clicks or other glitches, or maybe even gaps or pauses in the audio, if it's caused by heavy load on the system.

I wonder if VDJ is being run at the wrong resolution.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:45 pm
True...

Roy

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:47 pm
If you find the volume drops when loading a song, then this could be because your sound is not configured correctly, i.e: Your headphones output is going out over your master and master via your headphones. Check your sound configuration, in particular paying attention to the drop-down that allows you choose which sound card/channels are used for master and which are used for headphones.

NOTE: For live performance, using a multi-channel sound card designed for DJ use such as Numark DJIO is strongly recommended rather than using two separate sound cards. The sound card built into most computers is usually consumer grade.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 4:52 am
I just experienced a similar problem. Bass dropped out while playing. Happened on deck 2, and had no bass when I switched to deck 1. Full reboot fixed it. Im using vdj 8 with Denon mc6000 mk2. Latest software and firmware. Any ideas what might cause this?

Posted Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 2:18 am
This thread is 3 years old, and the original poster was using version 7.3, so I doubt you have the same issue. If you continue to have this issue, please start a new thread.

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 2:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)