Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HID Definition implementation - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
do the bits 0x10 and 0x11 act as momentary buttons or do they toggle between 10 and 01 each time the button is pressed?

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 5:02 am
they toggle:

When A is selected bits 0x10 & 0x11 become 10
When C is selected bits 0x10 & 0x11 become 01

So in essence, while there are 2 bits involved, in practice they behave like 1.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 7:06 pm
well, I'm going to have to skip the skin deck change for now...

Whenever I start VirtualDJ, I have to press a button once (any button) on the controller for the buttons to start sending messages (or for VDJ to start recognizing the messages). For example if I load a song on a deck (with the mouse) I have to press PLAY twice before it would start playing. After this initial annoyance all works great.

Is there a special initilization technique I have to use? The controller does send messages even on the 1st. button press, I can see it with the HID Tracer, so it seems Virtual DJ is not interpreting the 1st. button press messages correctly.

I initially thought it could be my HID pages not defined correctly but I am not sure that's the reason since like I said, once I press any button once, all subsequent button presses work as expected even across the different HID pages.

Any suggestions?

Posted Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 1:40 pm
Support, what is the <page type="packets"> used for?

Is there a way to have VDJ execute the root HID page and then a conditional HID page using CONSTANT at the same time? On my tests if VDJ enters the root HID page it just never enters the remainig HID pages.

Posted Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 8:43 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
i myself would like to see some more documentation on other pages.

the wiki/guide page tells us that they exist, but does not tell us anything about what they do or how to use them.

what gives?

its like an icecream van without icecream

Posted Sun 10 Feb 13 @ 2:16 pm
Pioneer DDJ-T1 HID Definition is complete!

Well, after countless hours of trial and error, frustration, headaches and after almost 2 months time I have finished my first HID definition/mapper. I definitely picked the wrong controller, even though this is my first attempt to write an HID based definition this controller just seems to be too complex to write out.

Thanks to the Support Staff and TechNZ for helping out throughout the build process. While this could be one of those efforts classified as "loo little, too late", I believe it contributes a good reference value. As detailed documentation on HID implementation is very sketchy at best, observing how this definition was put together could definitely aid others attempting further HID implementaions.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15675/Pioneer_DDJ-T1_Enhanced_Controller_Mapper.html

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 2:53 pm
Staff, controller mapper awaiting review/approval...

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 12:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 3:57 pm
Could not have asked for more, I'll keep an eye on feedback and address any issues as they are reported. I only wish your DDJ-SX skin was ready, as this controller shares quite a lot of features with the SX units and the skins would have been an excellent complement to this controller mapper set.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 5:26 pm
There is a bug with the channel 3 (deck 2 on vdj) and the crossfader. The volume_slider makes video transition when the crossfader_slider is linked in default skin.

I tried to correct the problem but when i got to mappers all i see is a simple , volume_slider for all the channels... so i was unable to fix it...

Any idea ?

Posted Wed 10 Apr 13 @ 5:46 pm
I'll take a look at it. Not much of a VJ but I'll poke around with the linked crossfader. I'll let you know....

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 5:07 pm
Are you using a 2-Deck skin?

It seems that just like the DDJ-SX, the T1 wraps decks 1 & 2 into decks 3 & 4 in 2-deck skins. Let me see what Atomix did to fix the issue with the SX but most likely I'll have to rewrite parts of the mapper to address the issue.

For a quick workaround you have 2 choices:
- Use a 4 deck skin
or
- Add nbdecks="4" to the 1st. line of your 2-deck skin's XML. It should look something like this...
<Skin name="VirtualDJ7 (2 Decks)" version="7" width="1600" height="900" nbdecks="4">

Posted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 2:20 am
Ok ... im going to do that and let you know ! thank's !

Posted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 5:48 pm
I have updated the DDJ-T1 Def/Mapper set to v1.2 and it now works properly with 2-Deck skins.

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 1:22 am
quisiera saber como puedo obtener este mapeer me urge ayuda nesesito mucha ayuda con esto.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 2:38 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

NOTE: You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a discount to be able to download and use custom mappers: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - DO NOT ask users to send you mappers to which you are not currently entitled or your account will be locked.

Posted Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 4:25 am
how can I get that mapper ddj-t1 for virtual dj

Posted Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 5:31 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006

Posted Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 7:46 am
hi i have a ddj-t1 and a ddj-ergo
but i cant download this mapping
please give a link

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 4:05 pm

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 6:56 pm
80%