Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: lock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Request from a user on Facebook, a plugin I had already written but never released. Quick tidy up and release!

This plugin locks Virtual DJ from keyboard/mouse input. Other applications are unaffected. The lock will only function once you have set a password from the plugin GUI.

To lock:

set $lock_screen 1

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15546/lock.html

Note: You can clear the password by removing the SBLockPwd registry value from the Virtual DJ registry folder. Be warned though - this will not work whilst Virtual DJ is running, you have to restart it, so this is not a workaround to access a locked session. Restricting registry access would mean the session could be left secured long-term.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 6:59 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Great work Scott !

Posted Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 7:42 pm
:)

Posted Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 9:40 pm
It Didint work out for me ... Its me Francis F. on facebook, can you step by step explain better

Posted Mon 31 Dec 12 @ 12:54 pm
Install plugin
Go to Effects > Others > lock and click set password
Choose a password
Map something (keyboard shortcut, skin control, MIDI control) to this:

set $lock_screen 1

Done :)

This plugin will only work for Virtual DJ Pro Full however. It is not possible to make it function under any other version.

Posted Tue 01 Jan 13 @ 3:25 pm
I want to lock my playlist from other people making changes. Will this feature do that?
If so how do I do so?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 4:08 pm
This will prevent any keyboard/mouse use in VDJ whilst locked.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 7:24 pm
SBDJ,
How do I do it?
I installed the plugin.
I went to Effects > Others > lock and click set password.
I chose a password.

But how do I tell it that I want to out the lock on the playlist?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 9:03 pm
Sry,

"How do I tell it that I want to put the lock on the playlist"?

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 9:05 pm
Map a control to the command above.

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 9:17 pm
Thats what I am confused about?
How do I do that SBDJ?
Go to Config > Mappers....then what? I want to Lock the playlist?....

Posted Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 9:53 pm
You can't specifically lock the playlist... It will lock Virtual DJ completely and that's it.

I doubt Scott could develop something to lock down a portion of the application (though he could prove me wrong...)

Also, I'm trying to figure out why you would want to lock the playlist only!

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 1:42 pm
You're right - I can't do that :)

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 4:13 pm
jcketPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi, Sounds like a great plug-in.

One questions though, will this also stop any actions made from the controller? For eg, if i lock it, and then say "press pause" on my controller, will it not react until i unlock it again? (if that makes sense)

Cheers

Posted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 1:19 pm
Thx for the help guys....
"Gadget Man" The reason I wanna lock the playlist is because I own a couple "Gentleman's Clubs" and we use VDJ as our house system & as dj's come and go they have messed with & changed some of the pre-aranged playlist I have created for the girls.....

Scott, maybe you could help me & create it?

Thx, Chris....

PS, If your ever in Boston, Free Champagne room....Lol

Posted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 9:34 pm
If these are playlists, simply browse to My Documents\VirtualDJ \Playlists in Windows Explorer and set each file that you don't want changed read-only.

You should also make a backup copy of these files, which will allow you to restore them back again if they are altered, lost, corrupted or deleted (You should already be doing this regular basis anyway along with your music collection - Please see How do I backup my VirtualDJ database and settings?)

If your DJ user is not an administrator on the computer then you could also set the security permissions of the files so that the DJ user cannot write to them.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 4:59 am
As explained above, protection of the actual playlist files will mean that they can be modified in the playlist, but when you load the file it will always be as you set it.

If you need to prevent changes to the playlist area in any way then I have an idea that could accomplish that?

Been a few years since I was in Boston - around 2001 IIRC!

Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 6:41 am
Hello Scott
Excellent plugin.
Now I have a problem, I can not change the password, delete "Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugins \ Other" and did not work. I do not remember old password. donot you can do.
thanks

Posted Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 2:31 pm
Any chance to get this updated for VDJ 8

Posted Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 8:23 am
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I cannot seem to get the lock application to work in Virtual DJ 8. When I press the key (F10) assigned to activate the lock it says that a password is not set and asks me if I'd like to set it. Whether I click Yes or No, nothing happens. I have gone into the settings for the plug in and clicked "set password" and it allows me to set a password, yet it still prompts me to set a password each time I try to activate the lock (but then does nothing.)

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 8:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)