Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can anyone help with Pioneer DDJ-SX settings? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstoll wrote :
Djay_7 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I can't tell for sure but I have the impression that you must use the following settings:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: ASIO

nope.. "Outputs: External Mixer" - only option you have then is to select deck 1 on ch1&2 or 3&4 and deck 2 either ch3&4 or 1&2 depending on which of the 2 options you select

No, PhantomDeejay is correct on his recommendation. And External Mixer is not the only option you have if you are actually running your PRO version. It might be the only option you have if you launched your VMS4 LE version.

The Pioneer DDJ-SX only has a 4-out sound card. Therefore the correct audio configuration would be as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones Master: 1&2 / Headphones: 3&4
Soundcard: ASIO Device: Pioneer DDJ_SX ASIO

As for OSX platform, the options would be the same just selecting the 4-out card instead of ASIO.

So does this mean i cannot use a microphone??

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 6:54 am
@CAM290
No, you can use hardware DDJ-SX mic input. There are two.

Regards Tomas

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 12:40 pm
Tjeck1972 wrote :
@CAM290

Regards Tomas

Could you explian this? I have my Mic plugged into the Mic 2 spot in the back of the ddj sx because i dont have the larger connector for Mic 1. When i change settings to input »»microphone i get this awful static|screeching sound from music...

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 6:50 pm
CAM290 wrote :
Tjeck1972 wrote :
@CAM290

Regards Tomas

Could you explian this? I have my Mic plugged into the Mic 2 spot in the back of the ddj sx because i dont have the larger connector for Mic 1. When i change settings to input »»microphone i get this awful static|screeching sound from music...

The the gain down on the channel, it sounds like feedback

Posted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 7:26 pm
Thanks ill try messing with the gain

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 4:53 am
CAM290 wrote :
Thanks ill try messing with the gain

Alright well i tried messing with the volumes and Gains, and nothing worked. I Can hear music under all this glitchy screeching sound and when i speak into the mic i can hear myself come through the stream as i broadcast. But with the awful sound coming out it impossible to perform while thats going on. My exact settings look like this

Input: Microphone
Output: Headphones Master: Chan 1&2/Headphones: Chan 3&4
Soundcard: Asio Driver: Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio

Also if I play with the Buffer, I get different effect of the gibberish static glitchy sound over the music. The higher my buffer settings seems to reduce the sound but never gets rid of it. Somebody please tell me i didn't waste $1000.00 on this thing...

On a side note, if i set input to "None" I have 0 problems.... but i really wanna use my mic.

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 9:43 am
You got it all wrong.

DDJ-SX has 2 mic inputs that are HARDWARE controlled. You MUST NOT use "Inputs:Microphone" on VirtualDJ for these to work.
Most likely your problem with the sound (as you describe it) it's because when you use "Inputs:Microphone" on VirtualDJ it picks up a feedback loop of the SX

So,
1. Switch it back to "Inputs:None"
2. When you wan to use your "MIC2" you'll have to sacrifice (temporarily) the volume control of deck 4
3. For deck 4 switch the input from "PC" to MIC
4. Use your MIC. It's volume will be controlled by deck 4 volume fader
5. When you're done using your mic you can switch the input selector back to "PC" to have ch4 fader control the volume of deck 4 in VirtualDJ

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 2:26 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You got it all wrong.

DDJ-SX has 2 mic inputs that are HARDWARE controlled. You MUST NOT use "Inputs:Microphone" on VirtualDJ for these to work.
Most likely your problem with the sound (as you describe it) it's because when you use "Inputs:Microphone" on VirtualDJ it picks up a feedback loop of the SX

So,
1. Switch it back to "Inputs:None"
2. When you wan to use your "MIC2" you'll have to sacrifice (temporarily) the volume control of deck 4
3. For deck 4 switch the input from "PC" to MIC
4. Use your MIC. It's volume will be controlled by deck 4 volume fader
5. When you're done using your mic you can switch the input selector back to "PC" to have ch4 fader control the volume of deck 4 in VirtualDJ

Thank you so much :D it works ok~!

Posted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 5:57 pm
:)
I'm glad you've got it working!

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 5:53 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
:)
I'm glad you've got it working!

well i got it working through my own master out a speakers fine, but my voice isn't present on the broadcast stream....

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 5:56 pm
As it's common with such devices (devices with hybrid mixer) you must run a line from the booth out of your console back to line input of your PC and use that input for streaming. That's a limitation that derives from the device's design.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 7:15 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
As it's common with such devices (devices with hybrid mixer) you must run a line from the booth out of your console back to line input of your PC and use that input for streaming. That's a limitation that derives from the device's design.

im not sure what connectors are on the back of the ddj-sx for booth out. Could you let me know or link me to a pair of cables that i could run from booth out to Line-in of my pc? Thanks :)

Posted Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 9:37 am
You will need one of this:

and two from these:

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 12:55 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You will need one of this:

and two from these:

You dont need the second item, just the first

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 4:50 am
The "Booth" output of the DDJ SX consists of jack (telephone ?) type plugs (I'm not sure if it's TR or TRS though)
They are NOT female RCA plugs.
The female RCA plugs on the back of the unit are the unbalanced output of the MASTER output.

I suggested the user to use the BOOTH out option so that he can have independent volume control on his monitors/speakers and the record loopback used for broadcasting.

So, yes he will need the second item! ;)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 5:03 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The "Booth" output of the DDJ SX consists of jack (telephone ?) type plugs (I'm not sure if it's TR or TRS though)
They are NOT female RCA plugs.
The female RCA plugs on the back of the unit are the unbalanced output of the MASTER output.

I suggested the user to use the BOOTH out option so that he can have independent volume control on his monitors/speakers and the record loopback used for broadcasting.

So, yes he will need the second item! ;)

Yes but also has XLR outputs and RCA outputs off the master which can both be used at the same time

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 6:09 am
You didn't get my point.
Yes both XLR and RCA outputs can be used at the same time, but they share the same volume control (the Master Volume knob)
The booth output has a separate volume control (Booth Volume knob)

I would suggest the user to connect his speakers to the master output either by XLR or RCA and the record loop-back to the booth output.
This way he can have independent volume control between the two. He can raise/lower the volume on his speakers (master volume) without affecting the broadcast volume signal which will remain constant because it will be controlled by the "booth" volume knob.

I hope it's clear now!

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 11:11 am
I ordered some off of amazon.com I'll report the results back as soon as they are delivered :)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 5:44 pm
Alright so i got the TRS audio cables & connected them to Booth Out and connected them to Line- In through my PC. No luck, So I swapped over to the Mic-In connection of my PC. Still Nothing. I went into the Recording Devices under sound and set every single one to default one by one, each time refreshing the stream. Still no microphone.

As you can see in the screen capture above. Even though my DDJ-SX is connected to my PC with the new cables, None of the connections say that I am connected at all. I don't get it.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 1:06 pm
CAM,

Can you please keep us updated as i am in the same boat and i would like to know how you get this resolved

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 2:36 pm
70%