Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can anyone help with Pioneer DDJ-SX settings? - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gbadegesin wrote :
CAM,

Can you please keep us updated as i am in the same boat and i would like to know how you get this resolved

I think we will probably have to wait until an official mapper is done. I hear one is in the works but i cannot confirm official sources from pioneer or Virtual DJ team.

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 11:44 am
The official mapper will not be coming out till VDJ8. VDJ8 is unlikely to be out anytime soon so.......
I am trying to get a USB mic to work instead. This is so that i can talk while mixing during my radio show

Posted Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 8:02 am
An official mapper will not change anything regarding the MIC inputs of the unit.
They are hardware controlled and you can't route them back to your PC.
The only way to use this unit for broadcasting is to consider it as a HARDWARE mixer (not as a midi mixer / midi controller)
I don't know why your on-board soundcard doesn't detect the connection, but the only way to broadcast is to use a hardware output of the mixer and route it on an input of your soundcard.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 11:53 am
CAM,

I tried what you did ( apart from trying to route it back to the PC as Phantom suggested) and i also got the same results.
I also tried to route a USB mic via the 'advanced settings' in VDJ, as Phantom warned, this did not work either

I do a weekly broadcast show and i am very eager to get this sorted.
When io get the right cables , i will try to route from the booth to the line in of my laptop. I am still not convinced this will work since the DDJ_SX will already be connected to the laptop via the USB.

somebody somewhere must have got this working somehow

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 7:13 am
Try a Numark DJIO sound card, cheap really good sound and a Mic in-put on the front.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 9:36 am
gbadegesin wrote :

When io get the right cables , i will try to route from the booth to the line in of my laptop. I am still not convinced this will work since the DDJ_SX will already be connected to the laptop via the USB.

It will work, it will require some configuring but it will work.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 10:34 am
gbadegesin wrote :
CAM,

I tried what you did ( apart from trying to route it back to the PC as Phantom suggested) and i also got the same results.
I also tried to route a USB mic via the 'advanced settings' in VDJ, as Phantom warned, this did not work either

I do a weekly broadcast show and i am very eager to get this sorted.

Good luck, post your results back here :)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 13 @ 5:47 pm
All,

So i have done the test and this is what i have found.
PhantomDj was right ( again).
I did not have the right connection for the booth output so i decided to use the master.
I connected the cable (the red and white end) to the master output of the DDJ SX and the other end to the line in of my laptop

This is where things started to confuse me a bit
I went to the Line in configuration and set it to DDJ SX. I then went into the VDJ advance configuration and i set record loopback as input 1&2 and again set the soundcard to DDJ SX ( it acually had something like DDJ SK Microphone). I then connected to my internet radio station the sound came out but it was blaring loud. I had to place the line faders almost to the bottom and the trim and master level to around 9 o'clock ot get any decent sound.
I then decided to change the setting in windows to default soundcard and then in the VDJ advanced configuration to default soundcard. The sound was slightly better but only if i lowered the volume of the laptop. The downside of this method is that anything sound from the laptop could be heard on the station (e.g all the windows alarms and stuff)

The good news is that the microphone connected to MIC2 on the DDJ SX worked on both occasions

Question to PhantomDJ and TDBennet ( i now you broadcast regularly with the MTP). Do i need to configure anything in windows soundcard settings? If so what? Do i set the windows soundcard to DDJ SX or default soundcard? What do i need to configure in the advanced configuration soundcard? DDJ SX or default windows soundcard? What about the volume of the laptop itself?

Thanks for all your help. I have been trying to figure this out for months with my other controller.
I will go out to get the right connectors to test with the booth output tomorrow

CAM.... we are almost there.....

Posted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 4:26 pm
im still trying to figure out this headphone situation with this unit you are saying set up sound to where 1 and 2 can be used and 3 and 4 are used for headphones, im new to all this had a vms4 before i updated to this, how are you running the skin 2 or 4 deck if you run the 2 deck how do you set up the headphones to work, its probably a dumb question but im not understanding?

Posted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 3:33 pm
here is the reason why i ask because if i run in 2 deck skin and try operating other then playing songs without doing any effects it would work fine, if i start to get alil crazy and start running plugins runing samples playing around with cross fader slider the music videos will shut down and then kill virtual dj, if i ran it in 4 deck mode and only used 1 and 2 and dont mess with 3 and 4 ill never have a problem but once i start messing with channels 3 and 4 it will kill my videos running on tv's then kill my virtual dj is this suppose to happen and if so do i just run it in 4 deck mode and just operate of 1 and 2 channels and never mess with 3 and 4? thanks again any help on this would be great

Posted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 4:12 pm
Hi Guys, I have just upgraded from the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO to the DDJ-SX and I also broadcast online with virtual DJ. I also get the terrible noise if I enable the microphone input on Virtual DJ.
As far as I can tell, it is just a mixdown of all the channels being fed back to the input on the USB bus.

As Serrato DJ doesn´t have the broadcast online option, I guess Pioneer haven´t really tested this.
Then again, the strange thing is that the mike input worked perfectly fine with the DDJ-Ergo when streaming online.

I don´t want to us the analoge out and feed it to my laptop as the laptop line in is terrible at the best of times. I paid for a USB sound card and I don´t want any quality to be lost in D/A A/D conversion.

I know this is probably an ASIO driver problem, so i will get onto Pioneer tech support tomorrow.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 13 @ 4:34 pm
needs help (pioneer ddj sx),i'm using windows computer and pro version of virtual dj.
input: non
output: headphones
sound card: asio

my problem is every thing works perfect only when all channel switch is on PC. but i need one channel for my mic.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 8:27 am
Please explain.

What's the problem with using your mic?

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 9:40 am
This is from the pioneer forum

Regarding the microphone input on the DDJ-SX

The MIC inputs on the DDJ-SX are designed to output a clear
and crisp sound if it is used under the correct conditions.
However, depending on the usage of microphones distortion can
occur. Such distortion is caused when the MIC input level is so
high that it exceeds the tolerance level of the MIC amp circuit. If
this happens, no matter how you adjust the TRIM knob on DDJ-
SX, distortion will not disappear. If the gain level can be adjusted
on a wireless microphone, it is recommended to lower the
gain level until any distortion disappears. When distortion occurs
even though you are using a wired microphone, it is
recommended to set the TRIM knob higher to avoid excessive
input levels. When excessive input is prevented, optimal sound
quality without distortion can be output.

hope this is of some help

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 9:59 am
ANSDAN123 wrote :
needs help (pioneer ddj sx),i'm using windows computer and pro version of virtual dj.
input: non
output: headphones
sound card: asio

my problem is every thing works perfect only when all channel switch is on PC. but i need one channel for my mic.

Download the JPBoggis mapper from http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html and install it.
Then everything should work properly...

Posted Wed 24 Apr 13 @ 2:36 pm
Quick question about the default mapper. I am having issues with the slicer it seems to jump all over the place.

I originally used the other mapper by DJDad and the slicer ran beautifully. All the buttons flashed in sequence and it was easy to follow and worked flawlessly.

With the default mapper the the lights on the pad seem to jump all over the place and you cant get the correct part of the song to slice. (hope that makes sense)

Is anyone else finding this with the default mapper and how do you stop it at make it run in the correct sequence?

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 7:05 am
Ok, I got my settings as advanced cofig for virtual dj 7 and ddj sx. then i got
i got deck 1 - pioneer ddj-sx - output 1&2
deck 2 - pionner ddj-sx - output 1&2
Headphones - pioneer ddj sx - output 3&4

what do i use for the microphone.
when i broadcast everything works headphones both decks my sound. the mic doesnt sound good

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 2:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)