Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Now My Thoughts On My Stanton DJC.4 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Let me start by saying, now that I have the proper drivers, I know I chose the best upgrade from my RMX at least from price point. The one thing that really bugs me, is that the lay out of the fx section on the right deck is different from the left, a little confusing. But other than that, after setting asio latency and default scratch latency with the registry tool, this controller sounds and responds fantastic and I love that the mic and master volume levels are hardware. There are sort of hidden features too, thought I was going to have to manually map things like Key Reset and Delete Cue Point, but both are already mapped using shift button. This controller already has control over pretty much everything I need except for the keyboard and mouse, filter is awesome, got key control, eq kills, sampler triggers plus samples volume control, well if you do your research you'll know all this. But I wanna say, I really don't think you're gonna find a better controller for $350, this unit rocks!!!

Posted Fri 07 Sep 12 @ 9:28 pm
Thanks for sharing this info. It does look like a good upgrade from the rmx. Maybe be even better than the 4mx..

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 12:43 am
The 4MX was what I was originally going to get, had always been happy with Hercules. But I decided to do some intensive researching before making a choice, and came to the conclusion that on paper the djc.4 was the best for the money, still do feel that way I don't see half of these features on a Herc unit!!! Anyway, the following video was a HUGE help in picking a controller, though with the right tweaks I think the scratching is better than he describes;^]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFIg1-lEKqk

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 1:00 am
i'm interested in this controller also

could you explain what you meant about the drivers ?

and what did you do with the registry tool ?

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 1:08 pm
The driver cd was busted when the unit arrived so I had to use asio4all until the replacement cd came yesterday, and I used the registry tool to set default scratch latency. The stanton drivers are much better, default scratch latency I have set now to 1024 and input latency at 5ms and output 10ms (rapid option in the asio control panel). You should know about how the fx sections are different on the decks though, will try to attach pics so you can see;^]

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 1:30 pm
thanx.....

this seems like more features than the RMX, and it's the same price??

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 3:47 pm
Way more features than the rmx, I paid $349

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 3:57 pm
so can u help me understand this?why, i cant change a sampler with my own using djc4 virtual le
can somebody help me

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 5:20 pm
Apparently that function is not allowed in djc4 le, I only get the option in pro

Posted Fri 21 Sep 12 @ 6:57 pm
Well I just ordered one! Hopefully everything goes good when hooking up to turntables for some timecode use. And as long as that is on point I probably won't be buying another controller for a while.

Thanks for all the info and I'll post my findings here as well, I guess this will be the official DJC4 thread, lol!!
Huey

Posted Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 9:22 am

Posted Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 2:07 pm
lol.. I don't use timecode, but as low latency as I'm reaching I see no reason it shouldn't be good

Posted Sat 22 Sep 12 @ 2:52 pm
@Timmy, have you found a flight case for the DJC.4?

Posted Sun 23 Sep 12 @ 11:38 am
Unfortunately not, haven't found a padded bag for it either, for now I'm just stuffing it in my backpack (made for 17" laptops)

Posted Sun 23 Sep 12 @ 12:21 pm
OK I'm lovin this thing!! Wish I could get a little more volume out of it but other then that, this thing is here to stay!! Oh and timecode latency is a dream with this thing, with 2 videos I'm running around 15/20 CPU.

Great controller & Thanks for all the info.............. Just gotta find a flight case now, lol!
Huey

P.S. TEAM this is by far the best mapper Ive ever used that came stock!! GREAT WORK!!

Posted Wed 26 Sep 12 @ 9:11 pm
No problem & glad to hear it!!! I still can't believe how under the radar this unit is, I really think, like with VDJ Pro, it's worth way more than it's price tag;^]

Posted Thu 27 Sep 12 @ 5:00 am
Well this is by far one of the best controllers I've ever used with VDJ!! I love this thing! A few things I'd like to change and add but there minor....... any word on a case for one of these??

Posted Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 10:19 am
I'm still looking for one too, thought about having some rack ears custom made for it but not sure where they would attach

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 3:53 am
The more I use this thing the more I love it!! Still wish it was a true stand alone mixer like it's Chinese brother, lol!! I've played a few live gigs with it and the volume from the unit was a little lower then I like so I now carry around a little behringer xenyx 502 and that has solved that problem. Now anybody have any word on a case yet??

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 3:27 pm
I love my Stanton djc.4 almost sent it back because of the stand alone function not being there but never did...love it....

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 4:45 pm
91%