Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: List of Controllers that can be used with Timecodes...... - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was just thinking about the list and the VCI-400 isn't on there, I thought you could use it with timecodes now??

Posted Sat 15 Sep 12 @ 9:53 am
This may be a stupid question because I have an NS6, I believe it has line inputs , can you use TCD's with it?? My bad I see it in the list :)

Posted Sat 15 Sep 12 @ 12:40 pm
In order to get the Voxoa C50 to work with timecodes you have to do it with ASIO4all drivers on a PC.. and you have to use INTERNAL mode.. On a MAC you still need internal mode but I imagine you can route the audio for DVS.

...But the C50 does NOT have a built in DVS audio sound card. Its identical to the Stanton DJc.4

The Voxoa C60 however has full stand alone mixer, and full DVS compatibility, just with the standard drivers it is supplied with.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 12 @ 11:13 am
getafix wrote :

if you get it working please let us all know
for now as far as im concerned if the output is too distorted to play to friends or at a club then it dosent work properly.
its just a shame this is yet another problem not resolved by american audio. shame since the vms4 was and is potentially a great mixer

I didn't forget about this. Just been busy with the day job, and sick, so I haven't had much chance to mess around with the settings. I also forgot that I have to manage the R, A, S (i think that's what they are) settings on the software as I go back and forth on the decks and software. I hope to be able to do it at some point within the next week. I also think I am going to see my VMS4 to a friend and move the the Behringer DDM4000.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 1:51 pm
midi from turn tables alllows non skilled djs to look like the are the goods. I saw someone with auto sync on and spinning the mix seemed seamless till he had to push the sync button then I pointed it out... nice scam...

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 4:25 am
So I guess what your saying is that I have no skills cause I use a MIDI mixer?? Gtfoh!! Try saying that to Dj Jazzy Jeff or Z-Trip, Craze how about Dj Angelo......... the list goes on bro. Pretty shitty cause you caught 1 poser using sync and now you classify any Dj how uses MIDI with turntables as weak.........your statement is weak and There's a whole lot more that proves you wrong......

Try again bro......and have a Nice day
Huey

Posted Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 8:42 am
Add the Denon MC6000 to the list.

Since the latest firmware update (V1.012) it now routes the audio signal into the dj software pre fader, so can be used to control 2 timecode decks. turntables run into channel 1/4, use channels 2/3 to control software decks.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 7:45 am
Can I get some confirmation on this?? A link stating that you can now use timecodes with it......

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 7:52 am
For some reason the Denon DJ forums where they give the list of updates to the firmware isn't loading at the moment. The firmware was released in June, I'v'e only just noticed it and i know it works because I've personally tried it this way at the weekend.

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 8:51 am

Posted Mon 05 Nov 12 @ 9:57 am
Here is the details for the MC600 Pre fader routing: http://www.denondjforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=18323

(See post by Martin fourS for full explanation)

atest Plug In’s: v1012 (as of June 28, 2012)

• Improved Audio Signal Routing Error for USB
• Improved signal-routing for USB audio output
(The correct way to get the signal is from channel pre-fader)
• Includes new DDJ Updater App v1.02 to avoid previous Java issues

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 8:44 am
Well I went through all 3 pages from your link and I didn't see anything about using timecodes with it. Show me the exact thread.

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 10:06 am
Me neither .... I installed that update but no-one has actually mentioned that timecode passthrough now works.

Keith

Posted Tue 06 Nov 12 @ 10:45 am
It doesn't specifically say that timecodes now work, but what it does say is that the input signal is now passed through to the computer pre fader rather than post fader. Which means that (unlike before) you can route your timecode vinyl/cd signal into inputs 1/4, and the sound will be passed through to the computer with the fader down.

Previously, for the sound to pass through you had to have the channel fader up, which meant the high pitched timecode signal was also passed through to the master bus. Now it isn't. Use channels 2/3 to control the sound coming out of the laptop.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 8:09 am
And I've just tested this again to make sure i don't look like a knob if it doesn't work. Route turntables/CD's into line 1/4. Set to phono/line depending on input source. Set switch on back to line 1/4 instead of rec/booth.

In virtual dj settings, use Denon ASIO driver. 2 timecodes, timecode 1 = chan 1/2, timecode 2 = chan 3/4. Output master/headphones. Master chan 3/4, headphones chan 1/2.

Keep line faders on channels 1/4 all the way down, use gain knob to adjust volume. Map line faders/eq knobs/gain knobs of channels 2/3 to control decks 1/2 in virtual dj.

Posted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 8:38 am
time codes have worked on everything I have tried. I have used almost every thing in the shop that we sell and found the following in cd players. The burned time codes at a slow speed and try different disks . the dennon mk worked great with one brand of burned disks and not so good in the other. the cdjs needed the other time code and only worked when burnt slow. I must have tired three brands of disks and then slower speeds and then to top it off i had to choose the pro or non pro time code down load. time codes take a little time to set up but they are worth it. I also had the time code records that are virtual brand and have the red lable and never got them to work as well as I needed them to.. Then I found out my time code settings were set wrong then I knocked it out of the park..

Posted Wed 07 Nov 12 @ 11:51 pm
So you've used the 6000 with timecodes? Could you possibly make a video showing that in action, please? If it's possible?

Posted Thu 08 Nov 12 @ 7:56 am
If i get chance to make a vid tomorrow, i will, but really if you just follow the instructions in my post above it will all work fine!

Posted Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 6:36 am
I would try it but I don't have a CD player or decks.

The club I'm working in tomorrow night usually uses Serato and has a Denon CD player so I will have a go if I get a chance.

Keith

Posted Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 6:53 am
Cool Rob and Yeah Keith let me know. If timecodes work I might just pick one up.

Posted Fri 09 Nov 12 @ 7:47 am
98%