Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: List of Controllers that can be used with Timecodes...... - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Naw, that's definitely not gonna happen here. I got better things to spend 2500 on, lol!!

In my area I paid this mixer Xone4D : 1'400 USD not 2'500 USD ,-)

And the price for new equipment ^^

Yan, DJ Rewop

Posted Fri 07 Sep 12 @ 11:21 am
I do agree that the VMS4 and AA are very lacking in support and I will not go with anything AA from this point forward. I will say that as I am slowly upgrading my gear, I have one Denon SC3900 hooked up to my VMS4. I can get it to work and I dont have any audio issues, but I can't get it to play too nicely with VDJ and 3/4 decks. I can control on deck with the SC3900 (with the turning platter), however there is something weird going on where it has to be playing with the same deck on the controller. But I'll open another thread for that all together.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 8:17 pm
I always thought it was a shame there wasn't a VDJ overlay for the xone 3D and 4D's, do you have a good map for your xone 4D?

How did you label your buttons, knobs and sliders?

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 7:10 am
What is the special technical requirement for supporting timecodecs? Wont all controllers with a build in ASIO sound card do that?

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 2:14 pm
Controllers just need 4 mono inputs and preferably a grounding pole, nothing else is needed..

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 3:37 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Serkle k wrote :
I do agree that the VMS4 and AA are very lacking in support and I will not go with anything AA from this point forward. I will say that as I am slowly upgrading my gear, I have one Denon SC3900 hooked up to my VMS4. I can get it to work and I dont have any audio issues, but I can't get it to play too nicely with VDJ and 3/4 decks. I can control on deck with the SC3900 (with the turning platter), however there is something weird going on where it has to be playing with the same deck on the controller. But I'll open another thread for that all together.

are you saying ur useing a timecode cd with your setup. if so you should have it set to 4 out not 8 out.
but it means you will only have 2 decks. the reason being that instead of 8 channels leaving the vms4 (4 stereo channels)
only 4 leave the other 4 channels are used to relay the timecode signal to virtual dj.....

there is a thread showing how to by djdad.

if you get it working please let us all know
for now as far as im concerned if the output is too distorted to play to friends or at a club then it dosent work properly.
its just a shame this is yet another problem not resolved by american audio. shame since the vms4 was and is potentially a great mixer

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 6:22 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
synthet1c wrote :
Controllers just need 4 mono inputs and preferably a grounding pole, nothing else is needed..

This is not a common sense. Denon MC-6000 ASIO soundcard has 4 inputs and does not support timecodes.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 8:21 pm
the soundcard in that doesn't route to the software, it is purely for using the mixer with an analog source afaik.. it is the odd one out, the rest mentioned all route the sound through the software so you can run timecodes.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 8:54 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
I am not talking about one point out-of-the curve. There are other ones with 4in ASIO cards and no timecodes support, such as Numark Mixdeck (including Express and Quad) but I dont remember for now.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 9:04 pm
I'm curious to know how the Numark NS6 works with timecode? Why is it on the list? The turntable inputs are not mappable for timecode. Someone please explain how to set it up if it does work or remove it from the list...

Please read the topic correctly before adding a product to the list...

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 11:36 pm
the mixdecks are analogue mixers with midi decks, they don't have a 4 in soundcard just 4 or out... Not sure about the quad, that has a dual midi and analogue mixer and the N4 which is a lower model in their controllers has a 4 in soundcard so they may have updated the quad but is says "Four AUX (RCA stereo pairs)" on the quad's webpage so it's doubtful.

Sorry NS6 was my bad.. you might need to contact Keith to if you want to get it removed, that list isn't official, it's just off the top of my head ;-)

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 11:45 pm
Charlie Wilson wrote :
I always thought it was a shame there wasn't a VDJ overlay for the xone 3D and 4D's, do you have a good map for your xone 4D?

How did you label your buttons, knobs and sliders?

Hello,

I use this file that I modified for my needs : http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/14148/AllenHeath_XONE_4D.html

otherwise subject to return to base I recall that this console has :

USB 2.0 Soundcard:

20 channel 96 kHz/24-bit USB 2.0
PC and Mac drivers
10 in/10 out (4 analogue + 1 digital stereo inputs and outputs)
Soundcard inputs fed from mic, FX1, FX2, main mix or stereo channels 1-4 pre or post fade

It can control 4 decks mode TimeCode -) separately with 4 turntables

and of course use MIDI commands extra if I need it (but it is for 2 decks)!

And sorry for my english but not my basic language, -)

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 2:17 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
the newly announced American Audio 14 MXR Looks like what I'll be getting next. I have the VMS4 and 2 Radius 3000 and have mapped the 3000's to do everything I want to control so many of the buttons on VMS4 are just duple functions of what also is on the 3000's. The 14 MXR is basically a VMS4.1 with out the deck controls.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 5:08 am
getafix wrote :
Serkle k wrote :

are you saying ur useing a timecode cd with your setup. if so you should have it set to 4 out not 8 out.
but it means you will only have 2 decks. the reason being that instead of 8 channels leaving the vms4 (4 stereo channels)
only 4 leave the other 4 channels are used to relay the timecode signal to virtual dj.....

if you get it working please let us all know
for now as far as im concerned if the output is too distorted to play to friends or at a club then it dosent work properly.
its just a shame this is yet another problem not resolved by american audio. shame since the vms4 was and is potentially a great mixer

As of right now, I am not using a timecode CD. The SC3900 has a timecode signal that can be set to act like the Serato timecode. My next attempt will be to revert back to 4out and test with a time code CD playing from within the SC3900... If I am not mistaken, I would have to run the SC3900 using CD, not MIDI (or MIDI Hybrid for that matter) as the media source, correct?

Timecodes are new to me, I am used to working from a rackmount controller or standalone controller like the VMS4/DM6000

My apologies if this is getting off topic!

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 10:22 am
getafix wrote :

I completely forgot about this thread!! I will have to read over it again and I will let you know how it works out!

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 10:35 am
Sorry to keep posting in different screens... but I also forgot to ask if there is any comparable or similar mixers to the Rane 64 (or is it 62??) that work for VDJ natively?

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 10:39 am
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Currently using the RMX, 4-MX AND RMX2 with my timecodes and all work perfect now! I had to do a little adjusting to each one to get it to my liking, but they all do the job for me and no hiccups!

Posted Mon 10 Sep 12 @ 9:26 pm
synthet1c wrote :

So that would basically mean that I could use my VCI-400 just as well as my RMX? (besides that the VCI has no ground pole, but not all turntables nowadays require that so leaving that out of the equation)

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 3:48 am
does it show up as an asio input in advanced config?

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 5:06 am
synthet1c wrote :
does it show up as an asio input in advanced config?

Jups

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 5:19 am
66%