Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Video Transitions - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There can be a slight delay when loading a large or high resolution image which is difficult to avoid - seems to inherent in loading images with DirectX, and it's more noticeable in this situation due to the immediacy.

I'll do some testing with some 2000x2000 PNGs and see if I can optimise it all. I was thinking of adding a cache option so that you could choose to have them loaded to memory on VDJ startup - they would remain in memory all the time and thus should be very quick to use.

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 11:27 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks, no worries, actually I had an emergency trip (across the country) with my full time job and I am in the airport now. So they have to replace me for Saturday 2/16. I have more trouble with the wife, with me not being home tonight! lol.... The cache idea sounds good though.

In my travels I can resize the photos. is there a recommended resolution, like match my monitor? or just downsize below a certain file size?

Posted Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 5:26 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Scott, is it possible for you to make the logo transition use gif files. They currently only use png. It would be great to use animated transitions. thank you.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:37 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
+1

Posted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 5:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :
There can be a slight delay when loading a large or high resolution image which is difficult to avoid - seems to inherent in loading images with DirectX, and it's more noticeable in this situation due to the immediacy.

I'll do some testing with some 2000x2000 PNGs and see if I can optimise it all. I was thinking of adding a cache option so that you could choose to have them loaded to memory on VDJ startup - they would remain in memory all the time and thus should be very quick to use.

Just a quick update on this, I resized all my masks to 720 x 480 and have had NO freezing at all. To anyone interested, you really should save images in wide screen anyway so that the image does not get distorted when used.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 13 @ 4:04 pm
corner updated to v1.1:

* Some very minor code tweaks
* Mac support

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 4:20 pm
SBDJ H-Blind updated to v1.1:

* Rewrite rendering code
* Better compatibility with keep ratio options
* Now option to 'grow'
* Mac support

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 8:00 pm
SBDJ V-Blind updated to v1.1:

* Rewrite rendering code
* Better compatibility with keep ratio options
* Now option to 'grow'
* Mac support

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 8:37 pm
I can't say at this point, I could only make it happen once. I think it is because one mask had a delay in video playback, once I faded from deck 2 to deck 1. There was a pause after that Mask transition finished. I can't really determine wich one was next is the issue here, the previous one (causing the pause) was a Mask transition.

I think I perhaps moved the fader again before that Mask pause was fully over (releasing that transition I assume), before starting another fade and subsiquent next random video transition. I wasn't flipping back and forth imediately, but a second gap or two between. just seems like the rvt allowed me to change the transition before VDJ was ready for a new one.

I will put some more time into reproducing it, really wish I had that screen shot to say for certain what that second transition was. I can say for sure that I had at least transitioned 5 or more times. before this.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 11:17 pm
Still can't reproduce it. Also tried 720 x 1280 graphics (20 to 40k in size) the lags are less, but still get some freezing. So it looks like 640 x 480 is the best choice for size.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 11:11 am

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 11:11 am

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 12:19 pm

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 12:37 pm
you have outdone yourself scott, they are incredible!

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 12:46 pm
Time to dust off the PC when I get home, lol!!

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 1:29 pm

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 1:35 pm
I've just updated wave to v1.1:

* Ability to control magnitude, phase and frequency of the waves
* Sound reactive option (off, CBG grid or beat intensity) with adjustable scale

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 3:40 pm

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 4:14 pm
Will any of the functionality change with these (more features) once 8 drops?

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 5:40 pm

Posted Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 5:48 pm
54%